1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tamer succession

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by stefanbourson, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Shame it's useless for non-RPers.

2. Netreiam

Isn't it good for PvE though? I find it much easier to use (and fun) than awakening imo, but then again I was always biased towards preawakening on tamer. It is pretty fun from an RP point of view though, the icing on the cake would be if they made gloomy fox for tamer (why this isn't a thing, I have no idea -.-)

Aiwen likes this.
  3. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

IT *may* at the very most be somewhat better in PVE, but i'm skeptical even of this. I played Tamer for 3+ years and my initial tests find that awakening is still better in PVE, but right now I sold a lot of gear for Manos items so I don't have 281+ Kutum anymore. Maybe it becomes better at ridiculous AP, but i'm not even sure. Awakening animations are faster and can stack more debuffs and DOTs. Also for PVP there is no question at all, succession is useless. I really didn't want to be negative about this, I wanted something great for the class, but it's just... bad.

I agree with you though, I personally always preferred non-awakening from aesthetic point of view, and some of the animations of succession are really nice. It's just.. not really viable for my playstyle at all (which is mostly PVP, but again i'm not even sure about PVE). I was only making a cynical joke however, sorry if I came across as rude :P I'm just kinda disappointed by it and wanted to poke some fun ^^

4. Lenerlink

New BDO Combat Manager-'CM'- "Ok i played tamer for 2 hours and watched random videos from Korean you-tubers and i have some notes"
    "Mmm Tree Climb feels off that i cant follow up with what i want after i use the move as a gap closer lets change that"
    "Whiplash/Void, those moves just kinda ends...it feels off and unpolished lets add an ending animation to both of them."
    Roaring feels so restrictive. I dont like that im stuck in animation. Lets make it cancelable with her evasion. In fact LETS MAKE ALMOST EVERY SINGLE MOVE CANCELABLE WITH HER EVASION."
    -Tech: "Anything else sir?"
    -CM: "Give everything bigger numbers and hurt boxes."
    -Tech: "Ok done...whoops...
    -CM: "Whats wrong?"
    -Tech: "Well a few bugs popped up and I forgot to add a string to trembling so its not applying the changes"
    -CM: "Nevermind trembling they cant tell the difference any way. What are these bugs, anything game breaking?"
    -Tech: "Now moves aren't applying CC correctly and some moves hurt boxes are inconsistent. And now there seems to be a few frames during Legendary beast power where the player is un-able to to activate certain moves during its animation. Also remember when you said you wanted every move to be WW cancelable, well now you cant use Legendary beast Power during those same moves now."
    -CM: "Small problems. We'll fix it if it hampers actual gameplay. Anything else?"
    -Tech: "Well our testers seem to really like the damage output in PVE in contrast to the lost of mobility and defense. Maybe I over tuned the damage a little? Also they are complaining about how heilang over damage output being less than before due to rapid animation follow up overlapping in actual combat, they are suggesting we speed up heilang animation to match the players."
    -CM: "Testers dont know what they want only we do. If they are enjoying the damage output that means we put it too high. Lower the damage...and ahh put a defense debuff on some random move. Replace that movement speed passive with another heilang summoning skill that should fix his damage."

5. Lenerlink

I may be hating allot on succession, but the idea of it is there...it could have been better if they took the time to actually to take in all the feed back from global lab and test it for themselves extensively.

6. Aiwen

Not sure did you mean this but noticed that the succs kit fits veery well to riding the wufwuf. Been having lots of fun and the change of pace is really nice :)

Keldorn likes this.
  7. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Don't worry Lenerlink, I think we all know you're not the kind of player to hate anything without some serious tests. I appreciate succession, pvp with it, but I'm still far from being offended by what you said because... Hey... I can see the problems you're talking about!
    :D

8. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 63 NA

It still just seems different to me, not really better or worse. Have to play with a different approach if you pvp. Though yah, i could use some polish.

like a truck load.

9. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Nah, it's just worse ;p Certainly for PVP at least

10. woots

after a quick try at succession , well, that's nearly like for all class, how the skills should have been in the first place. And it shouldnt be a "new skill tree" but just totaly replace the main hand skills, with just a level / rank rebalance..

( bolt-jolt sound is really sexy and the new effect sure do look really nice )

But for tamer, that's totaly insane, you need SO MUCH SP compare to others class, that's just totaly crazy

Samwyn and Netreiam like this.
  11. Netreiam

For real, the thing I hate most about succession is that I feel like it gives the devs an excuse not to fix preawakening.

"Oh, you want your preawakening skill to actually be useful? Just go succession. What? You still like awakening and just want your other options to just be viable options? Welp, too bad."

Samwyn likes this.
  12. woots

that's saddly not new, regarding any gamedesign choice, thoses guys are juste pure cancer / it all point to some $$milking option...

13. ghoulz666

That's the thing with classes with god awful MP/SP management. People just mock you and tell you to carry a bunch of potions so you have no room to carry loot.

Mana/Health potions should be primarily a pvp thing. Not a special requirement for specific classes.

They slap on high pools and costs for classes like Tamer or DK and expect em to be just fine like the witch/wiz, but forgot to give em the extra skills to generate it back. What do they expect you to do with slow unprotected skills?

14. woots

that's why thoses guys are so bad at making a game... they make no sense most of the time.

And again, not only that but the SP cost for tamer skills is totaly stupid.. I mean, 50SP for the last rank of surging tide TO be able to get succession skill...
    thoses guys didnt even thought to rebalance that...

15. Lenerlink

Theres a reason why I never truly criticized the amount of MP we use. This is way better than how it was before awakening. Back then when your low on stamina you started using alot of mp until your started slowing down juggling with with only 1/3 of each if not done properly. This was pretty much easily fixed with the flash add on which generated a crap ton of MP for you with a very fast skill on a low cooldown allowing for more stamina to be replenished while using MP moves. They entirely fix the stamina issue with the new bolt/jolt and now you only have to manage your MP correctly which is not that hard especially if your using the add on. Even now after 5 hours of grinding I might use maybe 200 potions which are auto used when my mp hits below 1/3. I have no qualms with the MP usage.

SP wise its easy to see why they didnt change it as they wanted to follow the "idea" as awakening. In their mind this is a brand new and improved skill your learning. Even the skill windows layout look pretty much the same. At least is uses less SP than awakening.

16. woots

If you consider the tamer alone as only class, and in general, the MP / HP isnt that much an issue, even lets say its "ok" without beeing op.
    BUT
    VS awakening of somes others class, its pretty bad, and that's the problem

after its still managable with the add on and you will not need potion, but its still badly made.

For the SP, it doesnt matter what you imagine about their thought, vs other class, tamer request WAY too much SP. its just totaly bad to not have rebalanced that to be on part.
    There is no reasons to make it the special annoyance SP starving class

17. Lenerlink

Key world being "some". Hp i can understand being a big problem vs higher tier mobs due to a lack of Iframes and good protected moves, theres defiantly some complain there (but this isnt awakening though isnt). MP wise compared to other classes we way better with how many times we can replinish it while in combat.

SP we are the second SP heavy class in the game. I for got which is the most but i know for fact its not us (Valk or Ranger). There will always be a class with that requires more SP than another. Unless they make all classes require the same amount of SP this will not change. And it doesnt look like it ever will because back 2 years ago when that question came up in Q&A they said something about it being a unique quirk of the class. (Shrugs)

My complains about succession has never been comparing it to other classes or to our awakening but the inherent problems and bugs with the moves themselves. I rather deal with that before i start comparing.

18. woots

Its a problem vs awakening, not decent balance for that point to be "really" on part, its just bad, you neither counter balance that "worse" HP / SP-MP regain with more protection...
    their class / way to do things dont have logic

heavy SP class, yet the skills themself dont not match the SP requirement. I.E SO MUCH sp for the full surging tide, yet the skill isnt that amazing. Its just doesnt make sense.
    I mean, its nothing new, thoses PA guys just dont have any logic, they randomly do things just to do that and sort of add a fake sense of "strengh / weakness"

You can pull out any supposition if you want to justify that, but things is, stuff like that should be changed / rebalanced

19. Monkey D.

Tamer succesion sucks at pvp as tamer do in 1vsX. But our average core of this class players are roleplayers who dont give a f*** about it.

ElPresidente likes this.
  20. Lenerlink

I beg to differ about the 1v1...if you try to play tamer the same way as awakening your going to have a bad time. I always hated our awakening so there is a little bias in it but I assure you 1v1 potential has more CC possibilities than awakening. Our major problem is from pre-awakening days and thats dealing with repeated ranged CC. (archer/ranger)