1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tamers reroll

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by Gramms, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Gramms

Guys I'm playing since the release being away from a long time and back I want to ask you guys how many tamers reroll to a new class, because I try the new classes still get back to my old tamer.

2. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 63 NA

Way back when Kuno/Ninja were released, i had been on break from the game. I came back to try Kuno. I got to 51 and was like, "why am i doing this when my tamer is already 53?"

mind you, this was back when 1-56 wasn't the joke it is today.

So i went back to tamer, didn't look back. So same story as you, no idea how many people have rerolled.

3. Najla

I can't get away from my Tamer. I try to play others but always miss that A-hole dog following me around messing things up lol.

OhitzJer, Keldorn, Moraea and 3 others like this.
  4. Nargacuga

Nargacuga Tamer 61 NA

General advice; I've never rerolled anything. I have several alts that are geared with full tri/duo armor/weapons and random accessories (mainly asula) built up over time. My suggestion is never just reroll because you always lose out on value that way. Keep using you main until you have a solid base of accessories and armor. Then use the armor and accessories as a way to explore playing other classes ( don't sell the weapons/offhands because you lose value ). Getting those classes to duo weapons/offhands shouldn't be too difficult, and you'll get some nice fail stacks out of it on the way.

As for tamer specifically, I dont think i've played any other class that has sooo many easily accessible animation cancels. It's fun and engaging to play. Decent pve. Rewarding/Infuriating PvP (Rewarding because if you kill them, it's usually because you outplayed them; Infuriating because we have no ranged attacks...aside from heilang walking up to them)

Eollyn likes this.
  5. Borealix

i wonder how tamer will be doing when rangers will have their bow buffed again :/ (if the tamer is still on the creation selection screen when this time comes) We have hard time against ranged thing and even more vs ranged classes with good mobility...

6. Syun

Syun Seeon Tamer 61 NA

I've tried Ranger(190ap Lv 57), Valk(160ap Lv 57), and even Mystic to Level 58 before awakening.

LITERALLY NOTHING can compare to the fun I have on my 60 Tamer, only thing I've invested in her is time which is nothing now because 60 isn't so bad anymore. I've only ever bought 1k pearls.

7. Borealix

i agree Tamer being the class i have the most fun with, except when i get ganked (cuz tamer can hardly defend themself if they are not super skilled player, like... super super good with the class XD) then the fun-o-meter goes abyssal. While i can just heal and axekick damage forever and fight 2-3 people at the same time on my striker hahaha

8. Alrikmerc

Range can be tough do deal with on a tamer, though knowing how the ranged class operates is a huge plus. Back before awakenings I watched this PvP vid of a tamer fighting rangers in an open field. The use of front guard on weapon draw, Void Lightning and Surging Tide was clutch AF.

I've gotten into the habit of weapon swap and Garuda as i close in to block rangers and DK.

9. Borealix

was it pre-void nerf ? i cant see the vid u are talking about, but i think it was a big mistake to nerf void lightning according to the current state of the game, maybe they should revert it back to what it was before, so we can be an annoyance in gvg :P

10. Alrikmerc

It was pre-nerf, but VL still has front guard, which is what he used.

11. Borealix

the cc on/off cd was nice to have and was making tamers some kind of relevant (at least cc-wise) :( RIP at least its a fun lifeskiller i guess...

12. Hooters

Hooters Solairity Tamer 61 NA

I've rerolled many many times over the past year since I came back to the game after a 6 month break. It is true I have fun on tamer but the lack of dmg pre Jin skills is annoying to me even with 251 ap it's much lower than a ranger with 226 ap. If skill points were family wide I would have no problem rerolling my tamer to ranger agian. I'd say striker, mystic, or witchzard but I don't like wheelchair classes. Also if I wasn't on cannon squad in my guild I would not be playing tamer. Like if you are a tamer I highly suggest being on cannon squad if you are not already it's much funner than death ball.

13. Borealix

So your opinion is Ranger>tamer, correct?

14. Hooters

Hooters Solairity Tamer 61 NA

For me yes it is because I loved the pre awaken and awakening more than any class even though I've played tamer since release. I'd be able to stomp many more people if I was on a ranger IMO. With tamer I just feel like you get cucked by D sync more than most classes especially when it comes to grabs, tamer grab I would say works about 1/4 the time I use it. I have 50 ping and a very good computer yet even if people are cc'd it just fails a whole lot. I'm not quite sure where people get the assumption that tamer does stupid amounts of dmg pvp wise but I assume they are undergeared or just doesn't know just how hard I have to try to "1-shot" someone which usually consists of 3-5 skills if they are squishy and they aren't d syncing behind me or out of my grab or if I'm not stuck in a grab animation because that happens a lot of the time where on my screen they are being grabbed and knocked up by the kick part but really they are standing there and/or grabs me during my animation or if they aren't a warrior, striker, mystic, valk, zerker.

Borealix likes this.