1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Notifier Application Development

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Shuku, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Shuku

I developed an application for displaying messages on top of the game.

[​IMG]

There are 3 types of messages:
    1. Online messages
    Example:
    You and your friends configure the same Room.
    You set a button for the message "Enemies are attacking the base!".
    Once you click it they will all see it.
    2. Scheduled events
    Example:
    Kzarka is spawning in 10 minutes.
    3. Self reminders
    Example:
    Click a button when an item gets registered, it will remind you after 14m30s.

A video showing the basic functionality: https://streamable.com/n97hm

Is this legal?
    Official GM Response
    It doesn't touch or modify the game in any way, in fact it can work in any game.

It integrates with Rivatuner to show messages on top of the game, which programs like MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision also use.

How to install:
    1. Install Rivatuner if you don't have it, it's needed for displaying messages on top of games.
    2. Download and extract Team Notifier.
    3. Run TeamNotifier.exe
    4. Test a local message (press NumPad3 by default), test an online message (type a Room and press NumPad1 by default).
    5. For NA boss reminders click on Scheduled Events and select 'na_bosses.csv'.

Future plans:
    Looking into adding game ping.

For questions, suggestions, bugs, requests, join this newly created discord server:
    https://discord.gg/WDamQ6w

I really enjoy developing it, if you have ideas let me know!
    Special thanks to Enemy friends and others who helped me test it.

#1 Shuku, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Flood, Mal'Ganis, R.Prescott and 10 others like this.
  2. Certify

Just what I need, I always forget about those 15minute marketplace timers

Shuku likes this.
  3. nolasigns

Hah, reminds me of EQ had theae text macros in the game.

"Incoming complete healing!!! I'll brb making a sammich"

(Complete heal was a single cast heal that took ten secs to cast)

But yeah, the text macros were for roations.

Shuku likes this.
  4. Life Aries

EQ2 we maintained multiple chat windows for curse rotations and temps. Not to mention running ACT for triggers and timers.

EQ2_000548.jpg

5. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 61 EU

so how does that PA message work? as witch/wiz you press PA key command and sent message to guildies? or directly looks your buff bar and if have PA it shows message...

cuz we all know PA is random skill even land to dead ppl on ground so guildie command is not accurate

6. Shuku

The app doesn't look at the game or touch the game, you have to press the hotkey with the PA message.

7. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 61 EU

ah too bad, then its like normal voice call from witch/wiz... would have been great if it showed message if you had PA buff active in bar :(

8. Life Aries

Considering PA isn't too fond of keyboard or mouse macros, I'm not so sure this wouldn't be a violation of ToS or at least frowned upon.

Is the source code available? Installing non-certified applications isn't exactly safe practice; people interested would likely want to make sure the app doesn't have any other purposes.

9. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

depends on how the program was written you may or may not get banned. if its something like what OnTopReplica does then you should be fine but if it attempts to read the game by any means even findwindow, its probably not a good idea to use it unless its whitelisted, can a GM confirm this?

10. Shuku

I'm currently working on making the source code available.

The app has no idea what BDO is, you can use the app in any game, all it knows is Rivatuner.
    It interacts with it to write messages the same way MSI Afterburner uses Rivatuner to show other stats.

[​IMG]

#10 Shuku, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  11. nolasigns

Man. Never went to EQ2, my next stop was L2, after a free week of WoW that was vomit worthy week. But it appears EQ2 got swamped with skill overload, too. Did they have AAs too?

Our macro messages were connected to the hotbar buttons. Made for great timing of CH times, and buff timers. Clerics were given a few alternative heals. Then the epic 2.0 chains. Good times.

12. Life Aries

EQ2 had AAs starting in the third expansion. Very small and manageable then grew over time. By the time I left, there were something like 300 or 350. I have no idea what it's up to now.

Yes, tons of skills as you can see by my hotbars, but that's in part because I played OT shaman. Many of those buttons cast the same spell but are either bound to different people in raid (we were actually able to create macros that created macros for hotbinding to specific players) or have minor differences that are more for battle priest stance vs healing stance.

Healing in EQ2 was quite a bit different from EQ1. Total spam fest in EQ2 with your faster spells taking 1.5-3sec cast and 5-7s reuse. Personal rotation for heals and wards had to be maximized, but really only cures and certain buffs or debuffs had to be coordinated with other healers. Cross-healing wasn't really a thing unless your raid members sucked. That particular screenshot is the ww1st xpac clear kill for Sentinel's Fate. ~45min kill time iirc.

Was a great game, had some ups and downs until about the time I left where I just felt it had become an unrecoverable ****-show.

13. nolasigns

Oh I'd imagine the AAs are in the thousands by now. When I left EQ I had over 2800 AAs on my Cleric. We were introduced the macro to %t (or somthing like that) commands too. We had to edit them like you were a coder, lol. Think they dumbed it down a bit where you could target player and assign the macro.

People here think there's a gap here. Lol. Endgame levels, raid gear, thousands of AAs. There was no catching up.

14. Shuku

Official GM response confirming that this application does not break the ToS.
    As well as the source code available here.

[​IMG]

#14 Shuku, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    GamePois0n likes this.
  15. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Very nice indeed, and I commend your developing enthusiasm! Using direct overlay in such a way to provide benefit to gamers without violating the game is very awesome and you should feel proud of this.

I hope you continue your efforts, and that they bode well.

I believe if you continue your endeavor, and strive for success, you could very well host this software to the global gaming community, via your own website as a new tool for gamers. Perhaps with a built in "game database" that automatically deflects what game is being played and allows players to choose information to be overlayed.

Anywho, best wishes and happy programming :)

Thelemna, Shuku and Galatia like this.
  16. Shuku

Thanks for the kind words. <3

17. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

they better whitelist your program then, in case of false positive in the future.

18. Shuku

Don't worry, there's no way it will get flagged.
    Maybe Rivatuner can get flagged as it's the one doing the overlay, but then millions of users with MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision will also get flagged.

19. Shuku

Released a new version 1.0.2 with the following changes:
    • Bug fixes.
    • Added an example profile for nodewar.
    • Added the option to minimize to tray.
    • Allow a delay on non-local commands.
    • Added the option to make a command Single, for example the marketplace reminder is not single - multiple can run simultaneously, but the reminder for V is single, when pressed again it will say the time remaining.

You can find the new version here: http://quietsy.top/TeamNotifier_1.0.2.zip

#19 Shuku, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018