1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terra Sancta ( S + RMB ) is busted and needs a BIG PVP DAMAGE NERF

Discussion in 'Valkyrie' started by Blitzball, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Blitzball

I'm sick on this busted one-shot auto-win skill. Terra Sancta needs a BIG PVP DAMAGE NERF ASAP

Since Valk recent buffs , this class is now beyond a new level of OPness. Grab , and then press S+RMB for an instant kill. This needs to stop. : :O

2. InZanely

InZanely Seylandr Valkyrie 63 EU

Okay so, other than the fact the person creating this post hasn't shown anything to back up his claims of "Terra Sancta" being busted, lets go over some facts of why said skill has pros and cons and why he may be frustrated with it.

Pros: Very high damage, can be cancelled to make the initial part speed up slightly, can cancel the ability before damage applies if target gets up mid combo due to failed CC. Decent AOE for hitting 2-4 ppl if they are CCd nicely together

Cons: Unprotected (this is a big deal outside of 1v1), even if you can somewhat speed up the intial part, there is a delay on the damage, roughly 1 sec or slightly below that, cooldown 15 seconds, if used when target(s) aren't all ccd in front of you, you will more than 80% of the time be the one getting ccd

Let's discuss high damamge single abilities, Ancient Wave + split shot, Berserker. Skull Crusher + Skull hammer (flow), striker. Voltaic Pulse + flow & Cataclysm + flow Witch & Wizard. Serpent Ascension, ninja. Resonance, Tamer. Crust Crusher and Foul Play, Musa. Terra Sancta, Valkyrie

Ok, here are a decent number of examples of skills, some with flows that are naturally added onto the skill, or combo skills that flow out of eachother to make 1 skill, basically flow activating together with main ability. Terra Sancta is not in it's own category. It's common knowledge, but without the crit buff from celestial spear/smite from valkyrie, Terra Sancta's damage is actually pretty mediocre. Some of the skills listed above, are also protected, some even protected with CC.

Valkyries recent buff was good, it's given valkyries new tools to use, but overall due to the fact that none of the buffs were aimed towards protection on movement or skills in general. The buff was okay, but nothing to suddenly turn valkyrie into the next ninja of 1v1. Grab and press S+RMB for kill? I can tell you if you get killed by that you are probably wearing processing clothes. Valkyries will kill you if you get ccd, they have some of the best burst in the game, what's not known is that the beginning part of the combo usually consists of 3-4 skills after grab for providing proper cc, buffing up, and getting into awakening to apply our high damage skills to actually kill people, our combo is pretty short, due to our skills being quick, cancellable, and having high dps in general, i should probably point out that during the entire part we are unprotected, excluding using Hastiludium in our combo for about 0.5 sec. But if we use terra sancta to one shot who needs hasti right?

Valks are capable of beating most people in 1v1, at a very high skill level, due to the nature of the class, and the mechanical difficulties of the class being hard to learn, it's not a very new player friendly class. If a valkyrie is destroying you in 1v1, assuming approximately equal gear. You are being outskilled. You most likely aren't knowledgable about the matchup, you might still be having troubles learning your own class if you are new to it.

If you think the recent buffs made us OP, you are instantly telling any valkyrie with decent knowledge of the class "I don't know how your class works, i heard you got buffs, now you are OP" Our grab is good, it's now on par with other grabs, its fast, unprotected, range is nice now, its similar range to other classes, Valkyries don't have grab engages that are easy to pull off, they are not as fast engages as other classes, but they are somewhat viable, although if you get caught by them, you either got caught off guard or you don't know how to react to grab engages in general, which that is not an issue with Valkyrie.

Terra Sancta, outside of BSR skills, is our highest damage ability if we are buffed properly, can i kill people if i only hit them with Terra Sancta? Almost, against very squishy classes, with low HP pools and gear not aimed towards survival, i can do a huge chunk of they hp bar with only a terra sancta back attack at 268 Awakening AP. I'm talking 70% of their HP bar or more with back attacks. On a target standing perfectly still, letting me buff up behind him and hitting him without any attempt at fighting back. While this sounds broken, it's not practical, because it will take me 2-3 seconds to fully buff or about 1.2 - 1.5 seconds to quickly buff enough and apply the damage.

TL;DR Is Terra Sancta busted? If target is CCd in a 1v1, with crit buff active, yes, in any other situation where the target(s) aren't all ccd, no, it's most likely gonna fail and get you CCd instead. Can you kill people without Terra Sancta in your combo? Yes

Andaro, Ybera, Kuts2 and 23 others like this.
  3. Kusaragii

Come back here and complain when your not playing Striker herp derp drop leg kick. Can't believe a Striker of all people would be complaining so much.

#3 Kusaragii, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  4. Bnna

wait is this a serious post? :D

5. Naho

Your grunil gear is outdated buddy

ODB3698, RobinSan and Defaultx7y24 like this.
  6. AZzalor

AZzalor Hyneria Maehwa EU

Oh another of those "class X killed me so it's op" posts...

7. Blitzball

I'm full TET boss gear with 4x HOOM crystals , so no. This skill is busted and needs a big nerf.

8. Bnna

wait you are actually ****** serious? are you playing with your feet on striker?

ODB3698 likes this.
  9. Blitzball

I don't play Striker

10. Bnna

what class do you have to play on currently to get rekt by a valk so hard that you have to make a forum post - without playing with your feet?

ODB3698 likes this.
  11. Blitzball

No matter the class , you will die if a Valk grabs you and press S + RMB , that's all.

12. Bnna

you also die when a zerk grabs you and he has 3 protected grabs with double the range of the valk grab. better ap scaling then valk btw

p. s im not a valk. im just trying to understand what goes on in heads of people like you.

#12 Bnna, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    ODB3698 likes this.
  13. Kerenis

Kerenis EU

tbh i'd love to get grabbed by a Valk

ODB3698 likes this.
  14. Souda

Souda Warrior 61 EU

Ecchi :)

Illynore, ODB3698 and Kerenis like this.
  15. Kusaragii

[​IMG]

Ok Striker.

Itan86 and ODB3698 like this.
  16. Blitzball

I removed this because i'm tired of people like u bashing & trashtalking about Striker/Mystic players... zzz

I deleted my Striker since one year , now. And my Mystic is a processing alt.

17. R.Prescott

Except you won't, you need Hasti & Blitz on the end of that to secure a kill at equal gear, along with CS beforehand so that it actually does any damage. That is a one combo, same thing every single class in this game can do and therefore is not a valid thing to complain about regarding specifically Valk.

18. Spartakatz

Impossible. Not so long ago you were 100% absolutely sure that you can never go above Asula and PRI equip, it would be "impossible". Except you agree now that your posts are nonsense and can't be taken serious?

AZzalor likes this.
  19. Blitzball

Against Valk Terra Sancta , it's the same if you wear Asula set with PRI Grunil , you still get one-shot :D

20. Spartakatz

so what's your current class then? after you cycled through all the common well-known OP classes and you failed to play them all, and it's neither mystic nor striker... you rolled ninja? or what is it now?

Illynore and AZzalor like this.