1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Territory owning guilds dropping to sub-guilds.. ruining nodewars?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by TeRRoRibleOne, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Askore

Askore Sorceress EU

a way to keep the castle streak and get practice without leaving the guild every single weak... you mean having gvgs between sov and enemy? because if that's what you mean practicing fights is good and all but it isn't everything that matters in actual nodewars/sieges and you know it.
    if you ask me I don't know why they don't have gvgs but that's not up to me and we meet in openworld pvp and nodewars pretty often
    gvgs isn't everything in bdo and fighting the same guild every single week would be boring (especially if the balance doesn't change it would most likely result in the same outcome everytime)
    you know what would happen if these guilds die anyway.. players would join other guilds and the two strongest would hold valencia and mediah once again, because that's the end game of the siege scene and there's nothing you can do to prevent it

2. LoanWolf

Begging Kakao for changes shouldn't be how any of this addressed. This community needs to police itself and if you do not like the actions of a guild to go out and challenge them. Are payouts nice? Sure, but at the end of the day its a game and I would rather a month of great fights rather then an extra pen click and no content.

I agree with guild cooldowns being increased to 3 days, everything in their system is not moderated around having 2 guilds and getting payouts from both. I do not however think it would have much of an effect on the outcome of things. There is a big difference in strength from a T1 and T2 guild strength, I can tell you from experience as we constantly shuffle between both. There are a bunch of T1 guilds right now that are very strong for T1s but realistically can't field the members to be competitive on a consistent basis at T2s. I don't know where this idea came around that you deserve a node if you have Pri gear and bring 30 members to a war. If you team up with 3 other like minded guilds then maybe I guess but I feel people who think thats what the T1 guild scene in NA looks like is being a bit disrespectful. Every node war guild, whether its a T1 or seige guild have to be strict on their progression and roster management or eventually die out.

Honestly, If you do 3-4 wars a week and lose one due to guilds being too strong for where they should be, it happens man. 5-10 mil for that week down the drain. Enjoy the fights, enjoy the content, if you have issues with guilds team up and take them out. I do miss the old edan days where ManUp would legit leave the gates open challenging guild to come 1v1 them. Those old rivalries and drama are kind of missing right now in this game and I think thats killing pvp more then anything.

Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  3. crosspath

4 days would be enough, isn't it?

4. clangpicky

yes even 3 days is enough.

5. TeRRoRibleOne

Problem is, even if the gates are open whoever owns the castle still have this thing called castle advantage. Ever see the chokes in the castles? It's not even a true 1v1 in that case.

6. WeaselPaw

WeaselPaw Valkyrie 61 EU

I was actually thinking about going for your natural opponent rather than pushing out and waiting that weaker guilds ally up to take you out/go to NW on an alt guild. It should be the best training and you get castle money once in a while. Unless of course, you don't manage to win, but then you can go back to your safe spot and take a castle from the greedy paws of one of the other guilds, fill up your stash and try again. Or even, god forbid, include weaker guilds in your sieges against the other top 2, the game rules aren't meant for 1v1s anyway (it's also a part of the issue, we want to play in a way that isn't meant to be).
    Yeah you lose the streak but meanwhile you get meaningful pvp and a valid reason to do NW.
    Or you sit in a castle and you don't blame anything else but yourself.

And isn't playing dynasty warrior or taking out snipe forts every week while knowing that the outcome doesn't matter anyway, boring ???

The end game is what these guilds decide it to be. Just as these guilds managed to find a way to do NW even though they aren't allowed to (Am I really the only one that get irked reading/typing that on the official forum like it was normal ?), they could find a way to drop their castle.
    From an outsider view, they just don't want to. And, once again, it's alright, as long as they don't pretend dropping into a NW to look for PvP (i can kinda understand working on coordination though) or nearly beg for alliances to get to them (which they don't do anymore so it's fine).

#86 WeaselPaw, Jan 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  7. CasualNova

tbh I find it offensive that Vertex, the guild OP is in, was doing t2 node today pushing the smaller guilds to t1 and new players out of the game. Siege guilds should be on t3s only and not ruin PvP for everyone else!!!!!!!!

WaifuJanna likes this.
  8. Aroumor

I wish someone would notice me...

9. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

no i know 3 castle guilds in EU that had players in a T1 nodewar few weeks ago... on EU it works exactly the same.

@Kakao @PM Jouska @GM Dew

-Change the timer u can join a new guild to 1 week
    -Reduce Maximum Notes/Castle a guild can have to 1 note/castle (not 2 notes anymore)
    -Reduce Castle Guilds Payout by 50% and add that 50% on T1,T2 and T3 notes payout
    -Change T1 Nodewar to <= Level 60 only
    -Change T2 Nodewar to <= Level 61 only
    -Limit Gearscore on T1 Nodewars to 190 AP / 280 DP (U cant unequip/equip gear during nodewar time)
    -Limit Gearscore on T2 Nodewars to 200 AP / 300 DP (U cant unequip/equip gear during nodewar time)
    -Removes All Players Elixier Buffs, Villa Buffs and other Consumable Buffs when Nodewar is starting.
    -Rework Protetcted Area to get the Caster 100% CC immunity for 10 seconds, but only for herself
    -Rework Valkyries Elions to only work on Party Members (No Guild members)
    -Add a Maximum Timer to a Node/Castle a guild can hold it. (Note 2 week, castle 3 week) After that time the Castle/Note can attacked by everyone at everytime (24/7) Nodewar

10. Jurra

Nah

11. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

I lead a T1 guild and it's aggravating to run into well-geared players, most of which are merc'ing from siege guilds like you say. I really don't blame them.

Firstly, these players worked hard for their gear. They just want good fights. Sitting idle until the next weekend only to find no competition is a waste of gear and all the effort to get it.

Secondly, we lower tier guilds need to rise to the occasion. There's no invisible bar holding us back from getting geared. Being forced to coordinate at a more competitive level is good for my guild. It makes us improve. Functioning better as a team makes the game more enjoyable. Sloppy zerging doesn't provide near the satisfaction as coordinated pushes.

Qwisisto likes this.
  12. IHAEU Silica

IHAEU Silica Keiko Sorceress 62 EU

1.)
    Reducing the maximum amount of No'd'es (castles are locked anyway if you already know ... for one year already) to one would destroy the common intention of doing PvP ingame if you ask me. Going to Nodewar and meeting a Snipe Tower (e.g.) will end up in your victory and locked for the rest of the week or no PvP at all while you decide to go for draw by not destroying the enemies fort. For some guilds - you (hopefully) already know - which are trying to get as much PvP as possible will pass the node just to go on but without any rewards but good PvP experience (what most people are hoping for). As a result of that, the people are either annoyed to not 'beeing' able to go to NW anymore until reset and the funds used for a useless base in a snipe war (if going draw).

2.)
    Capping the participation in Nodewar referring to your Level and/or Gearscore with "U cant unequip/equip gear during nodewar time" is heavy bs in my eyes. First of all there are a lot of players using multiple sets for PvE, as sorc - for example - you can go accuracy and evasion while you switch off your offhand and jewelry during the fight to suit better into different situations. If you disable the normal gearswitch by disabling equipping (as you suggested) will just lead to be unflexible and wrong suited for the big vary of simulations during a node/siege. Capping Level and Gearscore will also conclude in you forcing small hardcore guilds like OIdskool/SS into T3 Nodewars as you said where they probably get zerged down by large siege guilds (even tho they're having a hard time in T1/2 anyway). You basically slap the system of "low scale pvp". People remaining in T1 can't go with there guildies on Level 61 since they're capped and Level 61 is easy to reach. (PAr: "People with 61 should not go T1!") - Level 61 is way too easy to reach to provide people enough time to set up common gear/SP to compete in T2. You cannot really contribute different "leagues" to force guilds to play in their strength since every guild is different.

3.)
    "Removes All Players Elixier Buffs, Villa Buffs and other Consumable Buffs when Nodewar is starting."

It's already a pain to not have food buffs in Arena of Arsha in focus of playing a class with capped stats (Cast Speed/Crit etc...) so why disableing it during primetime PvP?? Even though where else do you want to use Elixirs and Villa if not due Nodewar? (PAr: "GvG" - Yes. "Fight for spot" - No? (If they get more after dec it's a GvG...)

4.)
    "-Add a Maximum Timer to a Node/Castle a guild can hold it. (Note 2 week, castle 3 week) After that time the Castle/Note can attacked by everyone at everytime (24/7) Nodewar"

Nodetimer is already there. It belongs to you for exactly one week.

No'd'e btw. by "everyone" at "everytime" - Why? How do you even want to realise that? It doesn't make any sense to let anyone attack it at anytime. Also - with "your" suggestion we're talking basically about castles only - why , read above. - If a guild can defend it's castle then they're allowed to keep it, that's it. Taking Castles out of the regular times would just go too far in my opinion.

I don't know what your idea's really based on but most of all is just not logic or would destroy the current meta and force people to do things which they are absolutely not suited for - if you do proper PvP in nodes/siege you would understand. Ofc i can see that you might be annoyed by the system - but there's no solution to make anyone happy - didn't you see that already?

Without going offensive against you, but your arguments are just not advanced or you made them without thinking a little bit deeper. You just focus on very restricted rules to obstruct free PvP.

Grüße, Silica

#92 IHAEU Silica, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    Qwisisto likes this.
  13. Razumikhn

1 week timer upon joining a guild before you can recieve a payout. BOOM! GENIUS!! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

There is a reason guilds holding a castle can't do node wars, in NA right now we have 2 guild abusing the system at karma-bomber levels. I'd say we should submit tickets on them. If they want to be OP, holding territories for extended periods of time they should be locked into their castle holding bs. Unfortunately the problem is SO MUCH deeper than snake or manup. I don't dislike them for it, I totally understand, if you enjoy war being in their position would suck. Let's look at the rest of the community though? Currently T3s are no competition, maybe over half are snipe guilds, in T2s the competition is so stiff, and siege guilds come in, pushing guilds who should be in T2s into T1s. So now T1s are full of a huge range of guilds of varying strengths. And honestly very hard for any guild to enter into, and expect any kind of success, with even XL sized guilds entering in with pre-arranged allies.

This is way more a problem with us than with PA.

#93 Razumikhn, Jan 23, 2018
    YajStylez likes this.
  14. Sizer

Sizer Kilgannon Maehwa 62 NA

yeah it'll solve the problem !
    no more pvp and no more game ! herpderp !

15. oR-Bishop

oR-Bishop Sunspot Valkyrie 62 NA

I don't recommend removing payouts, however it wouldn't be that much of a problem. The PvP will certainly be hurt, the game will be just fine. I think it might generate more activity, since PvP players would need to login more than once or twice a week and grind for some money. There's also plenty of PvE content that can stand on its own.

16. clangpicky

I don't know what you're babbling about but if you already own a castle and want to keep the castle, that's all it should be. That's how the game was intended, a guild with castle cannot occupy nodes. But hey you geniuses found a way to bypass that restriction by dropping main guild and moving to second guild all thanks to the wonderful 24 hours guild cooldown. Any other game, the devs would've immediately resolved this issue but we're stuck with useless Kakao/PA. I don't care what your reason is, you know damn well that you're abusing this guild leave cooldown for your personal gain. If you want to PvP, stay in Val6 and jerk off with each other.

As I hear, the NA scene is even worse. They have top guilds doing the same except they're handing out T3 nodes to their allies and keeping 1-2 for themselves each. In return, those allies will probably help them to prevent from being zerged out of castle if it ever came to that.

I know top guilds like to be the best and do things to get them far ahead from others. That's completely fine. I remember when top guilds used to lock down world bosses for themselves, completely secure popular grindspots in few channels, keep GK under their control, etc.. Those were all reasonable activities and expected but this just takes to a whole new level.

Others are asking for even harsher changes like reducing castle payments, removing them with buffs, and other crazy stuffs. We're here asking for a reasonable request to change guild cd from 24hrs to 72 hrs.

17. Askore

Askore Sorceress EU

yeah let's just throw away 1 billion silver per member to attack another castle with rules and shitty militia that ****s up the balance completely (the attacking guild is 99% sure to lose even if they're stronger)
    and after that what happens? are sov and enemy supposed to attack eachother every single week until one guild dies because they keep losing?
    + don't forget sovereign already did it, then enemy took back mediah sov took back valencia and it went back to normal with sov and enemy losing 1b+ per member. for one fight. and you can't understand why they don't do it again?
    at this point i guess you're just salty and trying to find an excuse to whine about payouts, doubt any logic could reach you anyway

18. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

No. Just no. Level 61 is too easy to obtain. Not to mention just because someone is Level 61 doesn't mean they haven't had carp enchant luck. You would also be forcing people away from friends.

19. iller

^ level has nothing to do with anything
    It's SIMPLE
    we G.S. cap the Tier1 node fights

That will STOP the smurfing and push all of the competition back upwards where it belongs
    Changing guild Cooldowns globally, inconveniences way too many normal players and it still won't address the main problem that TryHard People in general just love to bully everyone else who isn't RNG carried like them

#99 iller, Jan 23, 2018
  20. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

No. See above for why.