1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Territory owning guilds dropping to sub-guilds.. ruining nodewars?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by TeRRoRibleOne, Jan 18, 2018.

1. WeaselPaw

WeaselPaw Valkyrie 61 EU

I don't give a damn what they are supposed to do in game, I just want them to shut the hell up about "looking for pvp" excuses when they put money above it AS YOU JUST DEMONSTRATED in your reply. I'm supposed to be salty about the money but you can't even look past it, wtf.

#101 WeaselPaw, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  2. iller

No. see Random equally unrelated and Arbitrary reason above for why

3. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

Causing friends to not be able to be in a guild together is hardly a random or equally unrelated or arbitrary reason for why.

4. iller

What the **** are you talking about?... How can you even call them friends if the over geared one won't just put on a different piece of gear to go smurfing properly? "Friends" don't abandon eachother over such easily overcome differences

I don't even have to Strawman your example, YOU DID IT YOURSELF

5. Askore

Askore Sorceress EU

are you retarded? you can be looking for pvp and at the same time not waste the billions of silver the game is throwing at you
    logic is too hard to comprehend for a salty brain i guess

on one hand you have 2 hours of pvp
    on the other hand you have 1 billion silver (+/- 50 hours of grinding - which is like 500€ worth at minimum wage hours)
    which one would you chose?

6. WeaselPaw

WeaselPaw Valkyrie 61 EU

1B ? 2 hours ? Logic ?
    The logic would be that if you wanted decent fights you would be looking for it. If you think you need the money to enjoy the game, go for it. I'm here to have fun, not count my billions, so yeah I would probably pass at some point. Ofc I would enjoy it for a while, after all, you earned it.
    But I wouldn't complain and basically exploit a loophole to get what I want IG. Wtf.
    Edit : also, if they don't want to lose, they can bring friends just as everyone else has to do. System isn't designed for a 1v1, not sure why you would whine about this.

#106 WeaselPaw, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  7. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

Seriously? You would ask your friends to make a second set of gear?

And why didn't you just suggest auto-scaling everyone above X AP and Y DP down to Z AP and W DP? Instead you're trying to make absurd justifications for absurd ideas.

8. Jurra

That's hilarious so cos your friend got better gear they now gotta drop it cos u have no gear? Or are u saying that now your whole guild, who keep in mind could possibly be all 420 while this friend is 530, should go to t2 t3 cos of that one guy?
    Or you really suggesting that friend needs to get a whole new weaker set of boss gear also keeping in mind that your guild mates will also be wanting that same boss gear? I see a lot of flaws with this lol

Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  9. Stodderkongen

But logic is sitting in castle and getting double payouts or what ? :P
    If the castle guilds weren't soo greedy and could actually settle for those insane payouts they already got, and perhaps leave the t1-t2 scene for those it's actually intended for. Then just perhaps in the future u would also see more competition for castles. U can't expect smaller guilds with mainly players around 400-480 ish gs to compete with half 520s in sister guilds. The system obviesly needs a rework.

10. Askore

Askore Sorceress EU

guilds don't go to nodes for payout, they go there to fight other guilds and pvp

i don't think i got a single payout from our nodewar guild in 3 months

11. Saphala

This is an easy "solution" to the "problem" but it still locks out a lot of players from being able to PvP just because their guild owns a territory. I was thinking that putting in AP/DP caps per Tier would be a more "difficult" and less "easy" fix

Just say that if a player is in Tier 1 and their AP is Higher than X and DP is higher than Y they become X and Y for the duration of the node war. This would allow siege guild members the ability to participate in Nodewars without completely imbalancing them for the people who are geared for that node tier. PvPers all around get more PvP because people would be more likely to take part in the wars knowing they wont get steam rolled if they happen to end up on a node with a guild full of injections

12. Nexius

I like @Jeffythewise idea the most out of all the ideas in this thread and it's nice to see someone at the very top suggest gear normalization in certain areas of play for the betterment of healthier PvP and a more develop and competitive scene. Kudos.

His idea address a big issue which is gear disparity, which is very true that it is a deterrent for a lot of prospective players. However I think an issue just as big is the lag, however I think we tunnel on "better servers" too much when we bring this up. Why not push for something much more attainable and easier to implement as quickly as possible. For instance we could limit the amount of castles that drop on any given node/region. I'd rather be involved in a fight with a maximum of 400 players than participate in a lag fesr featuring nearly 1k at any given time.

13. Cold_Darkness

lets just appreciate that this would be easily made much less of a problem if they equalized gear for sieges, allowing people to compete on terms of skill, not money and thus prohibiting an defender growing exponentially stronger.
    it would be such an easy thing to do.

edit: my bad, someone actually wrote about that allready. sorry for this redundant post :d

14. Julia_Sabina

Adding longer cool downs to guild recruitment wont make a big difference in the long run.

I happen to be in a guild that has been around since before the sever merge and know at least a dozen people within the guild (who have been there all along) that are now at or near soft cap. The other 70 odd players in guild straddle the 400-470 GS mark.

If you are a small or start-up guild and drop on a T1 that we're on, you are going to get face rolled and "mercs" from siege guilds will have nothing to do with it.

Qwisisto likes this.
  15. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Just my two cents as a player who've recently started playing this game, coming for other competitive and skill based game. Lag issues does make it a pain to do PvP. However there is nothing more of a deal breaker in PvP in a game for me. Other than gear meaning almost everything.

Equalized gearing in organized PvP aspects of the game. Would make PvP in this game inviting for me, and maybe players like myself. There is nothing more off putting to a player who players competitive PvP based games. Then to be able to completely outplay a opponent in PvP battle deal no damage and then get complete owned even with all the mistakes that the enemy is making. Just because he or she has more in game income.

However all that being said for now. Even tho I recognize this game as a superior MMO, compared to what's currently on the market. As a multi decade PvP oriented gamer. As it stands now I will continue to attempt to avoid PvP in this game. As long as PvP is mostly about outgearing your enemy.

Again just my two cents on the matter. From my limited one month of experience in this game.

Nexius likes this.
  16. Stodderkongen

Sounds like a real challenge going t1 ;)

17. Askore

Askore Sorceress EU

enemy/sovereign going t1? tell me when you ever saw that lmao

18. Zancetto

This debate has been going on for so long, its fairly obvious PA is never going to address it.

Every MMO suffers from long term issues that the developers never fix, and it looks like this debate is here to stay without any solution. In most games its Lag & Performance and quality of life issues that are ignored, which BDO also suffers from. If it bothers you so much i would suggest simply quitting, because its very literally never getting fixed.

19. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

I prefer my less extreme solution to this issues which is not even that big. How about just not participating in gameplay that is not fun for you. And only participate in the gameplay that is fun for you.

The MMO genre in general. Is a very very terrible genre for PvP to be completely honest. To most PvP oriented gamers it's common knowledge. That if you only hunger for competitive skill based PvP. Then completely avoid playing MMO like the plague, and only play genres that fully support meaningful, skill-based equalized competitive PvP action. For MMOs will not offer this at all.

20. Nexius

I dont know how common (or rather well known) it is in EU for top tier siege guilds to drop on lower tier nodes to forcibly prop up other guilds and feed them nodes; but I know it's a big part of the siege scene in NA.

Though I dont know if allowing siege guilds to drop on multiple regions is good and for this reason. Eventually it will come to a point where an entire alliance could potentially control the map because they would be able to spread their presence across the map and much less inhibited. It would only justify the need to zerg even harder.

It might be odd to say this and perhaps because we're so used to it, but perhaps there needs to be more natural deterrents to have a permanent static alliance. Something more similar to how attacking a castle works now, but once that owner falls it's a free for all.

Alliances are interesting but it is irksome to more or less paint the map in a way that a number of strong guilds fight under one banner, that banner usually being the strongest guild in the pack.