1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terrmian Earring Question

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Aysnvaust, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Aysnvaust

Disclaimer: It was all my fault, I don't want to put shame on anyone else.

So, I did this earring thingy (like all of us) but then the maintenance announcement said something along the lines of "Terrmian Earring ends" (can't recall the exact wording, plus, again, all my fault for misunderstanding), so I exchanged what I got to get the Narc one . Up come the patchnotes telling us, that they did CHANGE the earrings quest, not cancel it.
    My question now: So, trying to get that TRI earring (to get the PEN ) wouldn't work for me now anymore, am I right? Because you can do only one exchange with the Lady in Velia?

And yes, it was all my fault.

2. Jensen

correct, only one, i did the same mistake, i got tri on first day and got the pen even though i dont need it, should have got the tri narc
    if you need the pen get the pen, if youre unlucky or want the silver get the tri narc

3. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

4. Jasajin

Honestly, I remembered from previous patch that it went one more week and even went back the night before this patch to make sure. So, maybe pay more attention?

5. Predestination

#5 Predestination, Aug 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  6. Jena

My understanding is if you turn in remenants you can still turn in the tri earring to get the Pen, but I am not sure. I haven't turned in either. I am ready to turn in the tri for my Pen, but have remenants also. I do know once the Pen earring is received, you cannot turn in any remenants. Does anyone know for sure??

7. Jensen

nope, if you get the pen narc you cant do the turn ins for the 6 fragments or whatever, it says in the patchnotes also

maybe the other way around but idk about that

8. Jena

If you get Pen you cannot turn in remenants, but I am wondering if you can turn in the remenants before the Pen, but get the Pen later????

9. SSIJ

You can't do both quests. You need "choose":
    a) enchant for tri and exchange for pen capotia
    b) 6 remenants and exchange for tet capotia or tri narc.
    Option "b" if you no luck with enchant for tri so you will get capotia tet or if you don't need capotia pen/tet but you want narc tri (to use or sell).

#9 SSIJ, Aug 20, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    Jena likes this.
  10. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

it's either
    a) PEN capotia
    OR
    b) TET capotia or TRI narc

not both

edit: the GM have now updated the event page to include this info as well

#10 GamePois0n, Aug 20, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    MinimalLeopardi and Jena like this.
  11. PoL

PoL Wizard

Event Notice:
    • You can only complete one quest among the Light-bound Earring quests and [Event] Remnants of Restoring Hope - Earring quest.
    As the Event notice clearly explains:

It is one or the other. You do not get to have the PEN Capotia then go on to get the "auxiliary" prize as well.

Jena likes this.
  12. Freakedoutbum

Freakedoutbum Lahn 63 NA

What is up with this quest ending like 38 hours before patch? Messes up procrastinators like me on crap like this - Monday night before patch is my clean up whatever I haven't done before patch day. Oh well, didn't need it, and Mystery of Summer 2020 was keeping me busy. Just sucks to have 5 remnants.

Rosedunn likes this.
  13. Keophiroun

Pretty bad luck for me today, all day since morning my ips Comcast was down all day until just now the internet is back. I couldn't log in to complete the event.

Edit: Nevermind the quest is still active and I got my Narc earring. :)

#13 Keophiroun, Aug 25, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  14. Rosedunn

Rosedunn Kunoichi 61 NA

Same issue, I was able to play catch up (I'd been out of town) and did the quest 4 times in a row to turn in the bell and do 1k kills, then nothing. This was on monday, so I was sitting there couldn't do anything, even though I wanted to. Wonder how many other people ran into this same issue.