1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank you Kakao and all BDO Team for implementing all the catch up

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Princess_Kawaii, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Amirite

When someone actually write a nice little thing about BDO.

The rest of the forum
    [​IMG]

o0ABC0o, hightech, Naho and 7 others like this.
  2. WinterMilla

Hey I was nice to OP, but PA no mercy for them.

Amirite likes this.
  3. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

210 ap? I left the game with 253 ap and 310 dp and i was nowhere near someone with 261 ap in terms of doing damage, or maybe its a mystic thing, some clasess do just fine with 220 ap lol

4. Noixi

Pffft, if I had made the OP's post, it would have been deleted ON THE SPOT, before anyone could have read it.

5. hightech

No offense :)
    I just said as you said grind is grind and tennis is tennis.
    I try to say if you are done with griding so you are done with the game.
    On top of that from my prospective the grind in bdo is the most motivating grind i have ever experienced.
    Is there space for improvement Yessss but do they need to change the way of grind gameplay in bdo noooo.
    They could adjust the benefits for sure but I think that is not that easy to do.
    The economic in the game is highly effected by any change to benefits.

6. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

But like, how is the grind motivating?
    You basically grind to get more gear to grind better place to get more gear to grind better places.....
    The only motivation is gearing up really. Yes there are other activities like life skilling and AoB but for such a progressive game like BDO most feel pretty unrewarding and insignificant (Khalk Hunt, Guild Bosses...).
    All power to the people that manage to still enjoy the game but I think many people just hit a point where they ask themselves why they still try to gear up.

7. Hearts

Hearts Valkyrie 62 EU

BS, you can pvp if you do capped nodewar without crazy high ap.

8. hightech

This is exactly the point I am refering to.
    The grind itself is relaxing and motivating for me.
    To find the perfect rotation
    To optimze my kombos in order to kill even more mobs
    Getting this rare drop when she is screaming is just a good feeling
    Having a look in my bag after an hour to measure my result
    To grind in different places for different reasons
    My mystic Aja_Targaryen is just stunning ^^
    Go for Bartali to get more AP
    Set a project like vells heart atm, and fighting for it
    Grind while doing guilde quest to gain even more money
    Love to be back from work and grind an hour or two with a great music set in the background to get stuff for the weekend.
    I do measurements for the 5 working days as well :)

The game is to grind everywhere either life skilling / ocean / or mobs
    So if the grind is not satisfying for you it will never change.

eddie972e and IWalkAlone like this.
  9. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

Sure I love the aesthetics of my Lahn, it was fun to push for more trash in Aakman for a while but the long-term motivation just keeps fading.
    I hit full TET including accessories and full c3 on armor and Dande, next upgrade is PEN Dande and here I am sitting asking myself why or for what even do I want to push for the PEN madness.
    The occasional rare drop feels nice but nowhere satisfying, as someone that enhances myself it was just another item to flush down the enhancement toilet.
    For such a gear driven game there is just not enough reason to keep pushing for more gear currently and I think alot of player feel that way.

10. MindaugasR

Why people always cry in every game about one shot PvP ? If you die one shot then you do really something wrong in your build or gear gap between you and your enemies is huge. If you focus full AP and forget DP, resistance at all what you expecting ? Try get balance between AP, DP and resistance if you go full AP you always die one shot and can't change that. Is better have less AP but higher DP that save you from one shot kills.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  11. hightech

Certainly a lot player will feel the same.
    Atm I am sitting on 253 Ap.
    Bartalli, Vell´s Heart, two tet rings will follow and the tet earrings will follow.
    16 AP + with kutum.
    269 with kutum without any pen.
    And certainly after this will pen the option but with caphras and the new black star there is a lot to do.
    I get your point. I asked myself in between as well, Aakman for live now or what.
    But that is as you say not motivating enough.
    So I grind divers and I dont care if I get less money for other grind spots.
    As you say if you loose intrest in grinding you loose intrest in bdo.

12. zhagsten

Farm for PEN so when you get your PEN you can finally... you can... well... when you have your PEN, next step is...

Sidina likes this.
  13. NVG

NVG

Yeah, current meta is like ... why need PEN when you can one shot enemy with TET?

14. NVG

NVG

Dude, what game are you playing? In order to not get killed by any 269 AP player, you need like 380DP or more, but even with that DP, he can kill you. On the other hand, if you get 380DP, you sacrifice a lot of AP, which puts you at 230 AP or so and with 230 AP you are U S E L E S S. All of this is because DR never got any buffs and because they introduced the stupid AP tiers.

15. Maginha

Next step is making screenshots and show up every now and than for some pvp/nw/memes

Sidina likes this.
  16. robertthebard

Welcome to MMOs. It's funny how many times I've had to type that statement over the last 15 years, in direct regard to "but I don't wanna grind for gear". There's this term, gear treadmill, and that term originated in MMOs, where the whole point of the games is the next shiny around the next corner. Most of them have a level restriction on gear, so you're not only grinding gear for level x, you're grinding for level y and then level z too. In swtor, for example, you'll want to change your gear out every 7-10 levels until you hit cap, or, at least, change your armor and weapon modifications. That's Armor, Mod and Enhancements for 7 pieces, Armor and Mods for 2, since 2 of the pieces don't have enhancement slots.

Then you have 1 earring, 2 relics and 2 implants that don't have mod slots, and so must be replaced periodically as you level up. With the added bonus of having these modifications being class/role specific, so it's not always a case of "one size fits all, just put it in Legacy gear", the equivalent of the Family bound gear here, and just do one set for every toon on your Legacy, unless every toon serves the same role, that is. The level cap is about to go to 75, so I'll let you figure out how many times you're going to need to change your gear around, with the addendum that the best place to get these drops is in HM, Hard Mode and up Operations/Raids, or PvP, at least under the current system. We've got it easy here, in so far as acquiring the gear goes. Once we have it, we can put it on any toon we want, at any level. Grinding for gear is not unique to BDO, nothing about the gearing system is, although the no ILR, Item Level Restriction, may be a rare thing, this is the only game I'm currently playing that has that, off the top of my head anyway.

So if grinding for gear isn't your thing, you're playing the wrong genre of games. At the end of the day the objective goal of any MMO is to keep players playing as long as possible, and a gear treadmill is one effective way to do that. It's so effective that it's almost an industry standard, if it's not an actual industry standard. Yes, they do so in hopes that you'll spend money. Largely, this isn't as big an issue as just reading game forums would lead you to believe. After all, some of the things that I've seen listed as "P2W" over the years would have most rational players rolling on the floor laughing. Mounts/mount skins, when the same basic mount is available in game. Cosmetic outfits that have no benefit other than appearance, amongst other things, like decorations for player housing, or even just storage space. I see that argument here, a lot. I'd be surprised to learn, in fact, that nobody has pointed at additional character slots as P2W, although I probably gave someone an idea...

Sorry, incidental WoT… TL;DR? If you don't like grinding for gear, by and large MMOs aren't for you. BDO didn't invent it, nor did they even revolutionize it.

17. zhagsten

You don't know much about the genre if you think the gear treadmill is obligatory and the only progression possible.

WinterMilla and Fearless V like this.
  18. hightech

What do you propose instead?
    I like the fact that BDO is not following the way a lot of MMO´s did like TESO.
    Gear means nothing with One Tamriel for example until you reach Veteran dungeons.

Gear progression is for me the best way of motivation.
    Better gear better places to grind and if you play BDO not just to be the best, BDO get it done like no other game out there to make every grind spot worth grinding, even if you are way above the required gear-level.

19. zhagsten

I propose to have a look at wider MMOs, like Ultima Online, or at MMOs with other means of progression like GW2. The reality is that the more you restrict progression to combat only, the duller the game. BDO tries to get away from this a little, but it still relies on gear treadmill to waste your time because it has killed the possibility of a cosmetic progression and let the cash shop phagocytize housing too. And unfortunately, BDO relies on your failures to live. I don't think it's very positive.

WinterMilla and Fearless V like this.
  20. Catastigma

stop compare Themepark with Sandpark...

ESO/GW2 are basicly Moba in thier pvp content. Zero mmo.

Any moba/BR a is better that ESO/GW2/FF14/WoW in term of pvp ( and its factualy the same type. Instancification none-persistant arena. In a Mmo definition stand points, thier are not mmorpg. that why we create a designation of this type of fake mmo *themepark*

People want Sandpark, Sandbox mmo, Persistent progress, related to the game environment.

PvP and Pve must be linked. conflicts for resources. conflicts for power. Progress = Power. Like IRL. No casual friendly, No casualisation.

BDO losed the PVX when server was merge and created 69 channel. nobody would be able to grind and relax.

BDO would have 1 channel. not more. not less. BDO losed this identity since CBT2.

And the Siege/node war scene interest is dead with the limit of people on node...
    Server stability must be ignored if any change can destroy the main content of a game.. i prefer a instable game that respect thier promises that a game that completly obliterate this content cause of
    mourner.

So the awnser ? All mmo are **** cause thier listen to the mourner. Mmo is dead, mmo are now for Casual **** tier no gamer. people that refuse to ,Learn,Adapte and overcome = Invest time.

That why mobile 100% bot game are so popular, and these people dare to say that they are gamer. They do not gamer at all. They are purely and simply parasites.

#40 Catastigma, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019