1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Thankyou for the reward done right.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sililos, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Sililos

Today i finally got my 50 Terrmine Pearls and cashed them in for the Duo Crescent ring.

Now this is the sort of reward system i love, i worked for the reward i needed and i received the reward i needed.
    No 'random' box which only gives Black stones, Single memory Fragments or Whale potions.
    No non existent chance at dropping from a world boss that only spawns outside my time zone.
    And no quest with an impossible to pass item wall. (Im looking at you 50 Supreme tough leather and its impossible crafting requirements)

So thank you again for a simple "Work for it, receive it" reward this time, please give us more like that.

- Sil

#1 Sililos, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Smileybones, Andaro and Platinia like this.
  2. AsyaTheBoatKing

you mean crescent ring....and this is not for you its just for the mass to push them near softcap and above...
    its just to make the gamer easier as it was before.

3. GM Lithium

Game Master

Hey @Sililos - appreciate the feedback! Glad you got your DUO Ring and hope it comes in good use! xD

Sililos likes this.
  4. Cairenn Tairisiu

Cairenn Tairisiu Tairisiu DarkKnight 61 NA

You seem to fail to understand that Black Desert Online is a commercial endeavor and needs to make money. And money requires people. Creating systems that drive people away is antithetical to profit. This means the uber elite 1%-ers will always have to face the fact that, in any game at all, the developers have to cater to enough people to keep the game running.

And the 1%ers are not that group. Deal with it.

Smileybones likes this.
  5. AsyaTheBoatKing

the meaning of my post was to correct him that its not a duo ogre but a duo crescent but ok i see you dont play the game so you dont know too.

6. Cairenn Tairisiu

Cairenn Tairisiu Tairisiu DarkKnight 61 NA

Yeah, I guess playing for 29 months since March 2016 means I don't play the game. Having all boss armor, Kzarka, Dande, and Kutum means I don't play the game.

You said, and I QUOTE you: "you mean crescent ring....and this is not for you its just for the mass to push them near softcap and above...
    its just to make the gamer easier as it was before."

Let's look at that again. You said: "and this is not for you its just for the mass to push them near softcap and above... its just to make the gamer easier as it was before.

See that part? See that part of what you said here? That's what I was replying to. I took it for granted that everyone knew it was a DUO crescent ring, and see? I didn't disagree with you making that correction, did I? I disagreed with your assessment of why Pearl made it available in the first place. It has nothing to do with "making the game easier" and it has everything to do with ensuring the game is profitable. Moving more people "up the ladder" helps retain interest in the game. Players who are interested spend money and players who spend money are where profits come from.

Pearl and Kakao will do whatever they need to do the ensure profitability. If it's moving more people to the soft cap, then they will do that. If making the game "harder" and more "exclusive" (which seems to be what you are whining about wanting) drove more profits, they would have done that instead.

This is never about "hard" or "easy". This is always about $$$. Always. Every design decision in any game company comes down to "how do we sell more with this game?" And if you expect any company to ever cater solely to the 1%, you don't understand that video games are a business.

7. AsyaTheBoatKing

you dont really play the game you dont have 570+ gear so no you dont play the game in my opinion. gg