1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 2020 Calendar Contest | Vote Now Until Nov 24!

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Avalace, Oct 29, 2019.

1. CM Avalace

Community Manager

BDO does supports NVIDIA Ansel however the CM Team took a vote and ruled that it counts as external third party software. Sorry! :/ Ansel was introduced on Feb 2018 before Remastered and Ultra were implemented on Aug 2018. We prefer you use Remastered or Ultra mode for screenshot contests.

2. Maevan

Nawwww ok too bad, thanks for the fast reply !

CM Avalace likes this.
  3. Amirite

Ah okay. Well I got most of the Haloween stuff back from the start and just got me the Shai Naga today :D

CM Avalace likes this.
  4. whitewinter628

Oh, sorry I have another question.
    Can the same screenshot be submitted in multiple categories? Like if I have one that I feel like could work for Halloween OR Autumn, can I submit it twice, one for both categories?

5. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

Was going to submit a screenshot until you said we must use Imgur, the site doesnt want ad blocks, not everyone uses this site or wants to. You have forums, twitter, and Facebook yet you tell us to use some other third party site for the pictures, no thanks.

6. Hunter_Juju

Hiii, I submitted my screenshot for Halloween a tad late, but i'd love for you guys to pleaseee still consider it as we were only given 2 days notice to submit it :c
    https://imgur.com/a/Ktdqs9h this is my submission
    [​IMG]

Gumi likes this.
  7. Mortift

8. temy

Hello, I have two questions:

1. Do we have to send the entries according to the seasons table? As in, if the Halloween BG was until the 1st of November, does that mean we can't submit entries for that category anymore?
    2. For the Summer season, do have to submit only screenshots that include tulips? No roses/beach themed screenshots?

9. CM Avalace

Community Manager

Would really prefer you submitting different screenshots for different categories. If you feel it can go to multiple categories then sure, feel free to submit it! n_n

Thank you for your feedback. We'll consider an alternative method next year.

The google forms will stay open until the submission period ends (November 17th at 11:59 pm PST / November 18th at 07.59 am UTC) so you still have time to send in those Halloween screenshots. Please keep an eye on our social media as we are announcing heads up for each season change.
    For ex:
    https://twitter.com/BDO_News/status/1189256201017679874
    https://twitter.com/BDO_News/status/1189603198958555138
    https://twitter.com/BDO_News/status/1189965541798273024

1. The google forms will stay open until the submission period ends (November 17th at 11:59 pm PST / November 18th at 07.59 am UTC) so you still have time to send in those Halloween screenshots.

2. The season changes in game are there to inspire and help for this contest. I highly encourage you to be creative. If there's a better location/timing/lighting you feel better represents that season/month, feel free to take screenshots there! :) Take a look at last year's winning entries: https://imgur.com/a/5kOd9MO

#29 CM Avalace, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    temy likes this.
  10. Cerany

Let me see if i got this right.
    We, the players are supposed to spend a minimum of 2.200 pearls to have a remote chance of winning a value pack worth 1.500 pearls, just so PA can have a free marketing campaign?
    Well, nothing beats customer stupidity.

11. Pixxye

Like2roses, Ofeamoten and Basandre like this.
  12. ZeroScarlett

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My three for Halloween theme :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My spring entries

[​IMG]
    This was just an honorable mention, but I didn't submit this one although I was quite torn...

Like2roses, Basandre and Touzik like this.
  13. Pixxye

I have a question, it's said that only 1 of the 3 screenshots we can send per season will be considered for the prize, so how does it work?
    Is the staff going to be choosing one among the 3 or is it going to be the first imgur link we give in the form? :o

14. DafuqYouLookinAt

Yo o/
    I'm pretty sure they're choosing one of the 3 submissions. I don't think the order linked matters.

15. Vyxzen

EEK! I cropped some shots. Should I reenter them uncropped?

Well damn! Tried to go back and reenter uncropped screenshots, but it won't let me back in to the ones I have already submitted. My bad for not noticing it said "no editing", I suppose. I do have the full shots if there is a way to resubmit them. Good Luck to everyone!

16. DafuqYouLookinAt

Hi @CM Avalace ,

I wanted to make sure I was submitting my screenshots correctly through Imgur. On Imgur: I hit "New Post" and uploaded photo(s) to my profile, put Region/FN in description, copy pasta link and submitted to the appropriate season forum here. Is this how we do it?
    The photos aren't in an album, they're posted individually as if it were a blog or instagram. If I did submit incorrectly, is there a way to resubmit?
    I don't use Imgur at all >_<. With all due respect, may I also recommend a feedback that we stop using this site as a way to upload our submissions? I like the idea of not seeing other people's submissions til it's time to vote though. Perhaps an upload feature for this event could be implemented within the forums? It probably would have to be tweaked so only attending players can submit screenshots that are appropriate to the event.
    If not, I still don't mind using Imgur but I wanted to voice that out as well. Can't wait for snow, it's almost here!
    :)

Vyxzen likes this.
  17. Vyxzen

I agree with your post. Never used Imgur before this contest, so had to create a new account then try to figure it out. Pretty sure I screwed up my submissions by cropping them. Didn't notice that we were not supposed to in the rules and now can't send in the uncropped version. Oh well, live and learn, I suppose. Good Luck though!

18. DafuqYouLookinAt

Well, unfortunately cropping photos falls under an edited photo which isn't allowed. However, I cannot speak for the CM's. Yeah, as someone who doesn't use Imgur I'm mainly confused about the upload process. Uploading is simple but being unfamiliar with the site I feel all wiggly about it lol. I sure hope it was done correctly >-< I re-read the rules just in case before uploading/submitting. Maybe an exception can be made so you can at least re-submit the correct version of it? Thank you, I wish you good luck as well!
    <3

#38 DafuqYouLookinAt, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  19. CM Avalace

Community Manager

Hiya!

Yes, from what you said, you've submitted correctly. If you DM me what your family name, region and which season you submitted is, I can double check for you. In the past, a few players submitted an imgur link with 2342354332 images in an album which was unfair to those who posted a link with only 1 screenshot in it.

We're always looking for feedback as we can adjust the rules for future contests! :) As I've said earlier in the thread, we will re-consider the image submission process for next year. Perhaps allowing players to submit their 3 screenshots in one post, per season forum thread. The perk to submitting in a google form is that it allows players to submit more discretely before voting time. It's also a faster/efficient method of evaluating/disqualifying thousands of images when exporting the google form to a neat excel file. >.>

Vyxzen, we highly prefer players not cropping their images as they will need to be resized/cropped by our team when placing them into the calendar design. The more image real estate you provide, the better design-wise. I'll DM you so you can send me your proper links, this one time.

DafuqYouLookinAt likes this.
  20. DafuqYouLookinAt

Okay cool thank you, I'll send you a DM to confirm! Lol ooof yeah I can imagine the frustration linking an entire album can cause on your end xD
    Also, thanks again for the consideration with our feedback. :3

CM Avalace likes this.