1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The amount of Combat EXP gained between Lv. 56 and 60 has been dramatically increased.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Infurni, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Zephan

Dude what are you smoking, I want some. Let me preface this by saying that I'm 100% in agreement that they reduced the required exp to level by 25%, and I commented on Duo's video saying as much (because he made the mistake of thinking that 33% faster leveling meant 33% reduced exp required, which it doesn't) and he agreed with me as well. But Duo was replying to you in the comment you posted a pic of, not me. He was explaining the way it works to you because you seem very confused, and honestly the fact that you saw it as confirmation of your strange notions is troubling.

If the required exp is reduced, then the percentage gained from receiving the same flat exp would increase. What they did with this patch is reduce required exp by 25%. Say that a mob gave 100 exp before that change, and that 100 exp was 10% of a given level. Now, after the change, the mob still gives 100 exp, but since you only need 750 instead of 1,000, you'll be getting 13.33% from that mob instead of 10%. Because, you know, 100 is 13.33% of 750. As I said in my reply to you on that video, percentages are all we see when we gain exp so what you're suggesting makes no sense. If you still think it does, then please explain to me how 100 exp would still be 10% of 750 and how gaining the same percentage per hour as before would somehow lead to faster leveling. I mean, if you still get 10% of a level in one hour, how does that now magically equal less than 10 hours to level?

You seem to be confused. The person you're quoting said: "We only see %, so if the xp needed is lower, the % per mob or per hour gained would increase for everyone." Like they said, we only see percentages; we have no idea what the actual exp number is that mobs give. So it's completely nonsensical to say that people might not notice because exp required to level was decreased rather than exp from mobs being increased. Whether they reduced required exp by 25% or raised exp from mobs by 33%, the result that people would see is the same: what would previously have given 10% exp would now give 13.33%. That's all @RengerEl was saying, so your condescending post explaining basic maths as if their claim was ridiculous is only indicative of your own misunderstandings.

#301 Zephan, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  2. LogicaI

You are just confirming what i said. So heres a like?

3. Zephan

Well, yes, that was kind of my entire point. Hence why I said that you seemed to be confused and that it was indicative of your own misunderstanding. They said the same thing I said, so if what I said was just confirming what you said then why tell them that the thing they were arguing against actually does make sense and proceed with condescension and accusations that they don't understand basic maths? Because you misunderstood and were attacking someone for no reason. :p

4. LogicaI

this is all i am saying , 25% change = 33% i am not confused,i understand the math,i don't understand the point of anything else in the thread period.
    i was not attacking someone for no reason, all that needs to be said is this, we all came to the same conclusion whether they understand the math or not. if someone does not understand the math = doesn't understand basic math. period.

the math says = 33%
    charlie sheen.

5. Spartakatz

wow, kids discovering elementary school percentage calculations.

what on other places need just 1 sentence, in this forum is multiple pages and essays about simplest rule of proportion lol

Zephan, TarkusBlack and LogicaI like this.
  6. RengerEl

My basic math tells me that I myself am not seeing an increase. Others are also not seeing an increase, and that is why this thread was started. At this point, it probably doesn't matter, since BDO has said "working as intended" which means they logged on one char without the bug, got more xp, and stopped investigating.

7. lufl

dramatically illusion. The grinding nightmare never stopsXO , dosn`t even notice any change

8. zhagsten

The only thing lacking in this thread is : "It's total RNG!"

9. Revalenia

Revalenia Lahn 62 EU

That would be very appreciated so we can put the topic to rest ^^

Taj likes this.
  10. Circassia

But the reason that doesn't make sense is while 100 of 1000 is 10%, 100 of 750 is 13.3% so you would change from getting 10% per min to 13.3% per min if the total required was lowered.

Zephan, Taj and TarkusBlack like this.
  11. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

The statement they made was more dramatic than the experience increment.

12. Infurni

Infurni 58 NA

Im smoking Bruce Banner man. Its ****ing dank. Starts off slow then BAM ****er turns into the hulk

For real tho I dont even know wtf I'm going on about half the time when I'm high so like what i said might make sense to me but probably no one else. Either way system is probably ****ed so an actual explanation and details would be ****ing terrific!

13. Aisthetikos

Just really weird, still not seeing a difference, even leveled some alts and went through old videos, still going at the same rate.

14. Thanak

I really do see a difference in the amount of XP gain... I make consistently more % per hour of grind than before the change.

How the change is coded and how much is it... who knows. I have my theory but it's just a theory.

I don't think they change the amount needed to level and here is why :
    • Say I need 1000 xp (made number to illustrate a point) to reach lvl 61 and I'm at 55% (the only number I can see), it means I'm at 550 xp. If they lower the XP needed to reach lvl 61 to 700 xp, I would automatically jump at 78.5% unless they parse all characters XP to ajust them for the new level requierement (more work and more risk so I don't think they do this). Since we are not seen an increase in our current %, I don't think the ajust the amount needed.
    I don't think change the base XP the mob give :
    • You need to target specfic level so you can't change the base XP

What I think is that they have a table with levels and bonus for each level whenever you earn XP it's multipled by that bonus according to the level you are.

The big question is if the multiplier is just another bonus or a global multiple. Let's say the new number bonus is 50% is it

XP * (1 + 0,08 (milk tea) + 2 (grind hour)) * (1 + 0,5 (new XP bonus))
    or
    XP * (1 + 0,08 (milk tea) + 2 (grind hour) + 0,5 (new XP bonus))

I don't have enough data to tell which one it is because I always grind with buff... Buf I do know that I used to make around 0,8% during my grind hour and now I make round 1.2% all other things being equal.

15. Spartakatz

that 2nd equation makes no sense. "+ 0.5" what? 0.5 xp? if you use math, you should use proper units that can actually be added together and such.

of course it's multiplicative, as it works with everything. it's simply X% increase, for all buff combinations. the buffs themselves are additive.

16. zhagsten

+0.5 means +50%. There's no unit to place here.

17. Thanak

1+0,5 is 1.5 time the XP which translate into 50% XP bonus. The big question is does it multiply the other buff or just add to them.

18. Spartakatz

I think you didn't understand.

"XP * whatever * something" works as a formula, you get "XP" as result

"XP * whatever + something" doesn't work, you can't add some number without unit to a XP value.

e.g. "5 * 10 apples" is 50 apples, but "5 apples + 10" doesn't work.

long story short: global XP adjustment can only be multiplicative, buffs work as before

19. zhagsten

Long story short, you should learn to read math formulas. There are parenthesis at the right place.

Zephan and Thanak like this.
  20. Spartakatz

yes I saw them. whatever those paraenthesis means, it's multiplicated one time, and added the other time, which can't work. if it's XP, then the first results in XP², if it's not, the second formula is missing a unit.

it becomes clearer when you actually try to USE that formula, and define what "(new XP bonus)" means.