1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best players of each class

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Crazyz, Sep 8, 2018.

1. WoWisBest

The "best" players of each class are the ones with the fattest wallets. Same in every heavy P2W games.

2. Blitzball

I forgot SoSawah , best NA Striker by far :)

3. OldNewSchool

I fail to understand the method you guys use to decide who is the best player in a game where there is not competitive pvp with equalized gear.

Fearless V likes this.
  4. LogicaI

I love when people add me to their ignore list,Can i be part of it?

There are very few legitimate reasons to add someone to a block list,did they break rules we are all meant to abide by? like smoques or hero? then absolutely block them,do they do nothing but attempt to ruin the game like some pennies we are all familiar with by spreading propaganda,also breaking the rules like selling accounts etc? then absolutely,spreading racism? sure, But just because you cannot handle someones opinion should you block them? No,That is just a display of immaturity,if you are blocking someone for an opinion then it is basically no different than attempting to walk up to someone irl with an opinion you do not like and staring at them then putting your fingers in your ears,or using a bullhorn to squelch them,it's rather silly and shows you cannot handle differing opinions than yours. The only person who looks "Butthurt" is the person blocking someone as it shows you are hyper sensitive.

Can you explain to me a game where competitive pvp has equalized gear? and not the opposite?

#44 LogicaI, Sep 9, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  5. OldNewSchool

Don't know how to quote on mobile: try look for games like BnS with equalized gear arenas, world/region/event tournaments and rankings. There you can find who are the best players. Or maybe I failed to understand the question or troll.

6. LogicaI

absolutely not trolling,BNS sure it does have equalized arenas,but there is soo much hacking done in the arenas that no one can actually get a clear perspective on the actual pvp which is why BNS is slowly dying as most of the hardcore pvp crowd went there for the very reason of the arenas,but also it is buggy and there is 1 certain class *hint hint* that makes arenas pretty busted.

MMORPGS on average have been based on gear progression since their inception .

If your progress accounts for nothing then what is the point? Almost every mmorpg out there currently allows you to use your gear advantage,why? because you earned it,if you earned it for nothing regardless of if you chose pvp or pve then there is no point to the initial time investment.

Even many games where people think it is equalized it is not,for instance lets look at mobas,

There is nothing equalized about league,it is based on a term called "perfect imbalance" which means certain classes/champions are overtuned on purpose to attempt to make balance without making everything the same on scaling integers.

Lets look at overwatch,the classes in this game are on the same principal as league "perfect imbalance"

a diamond 1 genji will never lose to a diamond 1 X classes he counters if they have the same skill etc

lets look at GW2, SPVP (structured pvp also known as battlegrounds) is terrible,it's equalized pvp based on buying a sigil (token) to give you X stats for x build,issue with this is,because they equalized it it makes EVERY single build for classes irrelevant vs x classes and builds,for instance if i play a mesmer with conditions in spvp and i encounter a warrior that is a horn player that clears condis i am effectively useless,so even if i am better than that person, we judged us both on numbers and i was 50% better than that person he will still roll over me because he counters me,this is true for ALMOST every single build in spvp making the equalized pvp worthless.

Then you go into GW2's WVW which is openw orld mass pvp over castles,and you can use your normal gear you earned,which can be combinations of many things that help you to gear to counter any situation and thrive to where your skill is the #1 factor & gear is not equalized in wvw.

i can give you a million more examples,but basically equalized pvp doesn't work unless you are playing a FPS like counterstrike and even then who has a better gun and who has better teammates.

The idea of equalized pvp being equalized is an oxymoron in and of itself...

Because all equalized pvp does is create a rock paper scissor meta that cannot be broken,or at least has NEVER been broken in any mmorpg to date and it doesn't look like any mmorpg is going to re create the wheel in this aspect as of right now.

Oren steel likes this.
  7. OldNewSchool

I love people who don't know how to listen to others: defending what they want to demonstrate to the point to not being receptive and adding random false information to enforce it; they make me feel gifted.
    That said, it's not a personal attack to you.
    So...I can't speak for other games, because I have not played em so extensively, but as a 2 year player of BnS in top guilds, I can say that what you are saying is false. I mean all games have ups and downs in class balance and at a certain point they release an OP class, but, in that game, hacks are not used in official tournaments, nor in top notch pvp there is a class which totally outshines the other, because it all comes to strategy and how good you are with that class timing, CC chain, damage hidden threshold multipliers.
    I am not saying that gear progression shouldn't be important, it is in fact, the most relevant factor when it comes down to contested territory ownership or mere nodewars. What I am saying is that there is no way to say who is the top player of the entire game or class specific, without an objective way of determining it, which can be given only from equalized pvp tournaments or rankings.

8. Incursion

Skill wise :
    Warrior : Keinika - Psychoss
    Sorceress : Rynn - Slimshadii - Ainola
    Ranger : Youna - Diona
    Tamer : Risee - Xevious
    Valk : Bloodpaw - Aiz - Quelia
    Berserker : Redzerk - Lulb
    Ninja : Shiki
    Kuno : Hakumi (?)
    Musa : Caarl
    Maehwa : Arnisse - Pruim - Thinking
    DK : Hellsik
    Striker : ???
    Mystic : Allsmektig - FXP
    Lanh : Rinori
    Wizard : Batenx
    Witch : Sesselfurzer

9. LogicaI

I have no idea why you are disagreeing about hacks,it is extremely prevalent in BNS and i have played over a year,it was there at the start and it is still there now in arenas.

There are plenty of objective ways to determine a skilled player in X class without equalized gear, Hands down Mchands is the best warrior in bdo regardless of eu/na/kr etc. There are obvious choices. Does that mean he will win every duel? absolutely not,is he the best at his class? absolutely. no one anim cancels as fast as him,as smooth as him,is as versatile to fighting every diff class as him(class knowledge), as quick at reacting to cc,avoiding it,there is no other warrior that comes even close on the warrior class.

And equalizing gear will only work when it is the same class vs the same class with the same exact skills/talents/etc,will never work vs any other class,as again,rock paper & scissor issue.

Equalizing gear has never been fair in any mmorpg. The irony is equalizing gear is less fair than the opposite.

10. This would have been an interesting topic with room for (even heated) debate 1.5 years ago.

Now that you can swipe to enhance, and gear is more paramount than ever now, there's really no point to ranking threads.

Watch the publisher sponsored 3v3 tourney have less than 200 max concurrent viewers-- and that is being damn generous.

Kynreaa likes this.
  11. AlwaysSaltyAF

Does being the only Musa on Arsha chan make me the best Musa?

12. RoakOriginal

IIRC he already said several times he aint buying a dim, but is parasiting on his friends... Or it was Catastigma? (i remember cocky responses, female ingame avatar and dumb ideas)

13. That would be Casta. Alicia comes off as more of a snobby Swede.

Alicia Dominica and Tvvin like this.
  14. Schinrah

You seriously have some issues my friend.Alot of the really high geared players are also players that have dropped alot of money on the game. The kind of money you don't have when you depend on social welfare.
    You always sound like some bitter jaded veteran that is jealous of everyone who has more "stuff" than you do. "Everyone who's better than me or got more money and gear is an evil jobless social welfare leech". Keep telling that to yourself if makes you feel good, but stop dropping that in literally every thread you post sth. in, please?

Rayin likes this.
  15. Jannanomana

Jannanomana DarkKnight EU

• Sorc : me
    • Striker : my bf
    • DK : me
    • Valk : me
    • Musa : my bf
    • Ranger : me
    • Kunoichi : me
    • Ninja : my bf
    • Lahn : me
    • Warrior : my bf
    • Maewha : me
    • Witch: me
    • Wizzard: my bf
    • Tamer: my cat/dog

• Sorc : my gf
    • Striker : me
    • DK : my gf
    • Valk : my gf
    • Musa : me
    • Ranger : my gf
    • Kunoichi : my gf
    • Ninja : me
    • Lahn : my gf
    • Warrior : me
    • Maewha : my gf
    • Witch: my gf
    • Wizzard: me
    • Tamer: my cat/dog

16. Rayin

Yeah, it's pathologic kinda.
    At this point i genuinely believe she wants to Erotic Roleplay with people in this forum that have also found the joy of GW2, since she mentions it, doesn't tell her IGN there despite people wants to fight her or she offers a PvP fight, yet she's here to remark how this game isn't a PvP game and how everyone but her playing this game for anything else than lifeskilling is a bad player.

Try to PM her saying that you play GW2 and ask her if she wants to play with you, maybe you'll be lucky (and probably rich enough) to afford a ERP session with her for only 999.9$.

#56 Rayin, Sep 9, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  17. Prochilles

Skill has always been irrelevant in BDO.

18. Decem

Striker : NamTySat
    DK : Hellisk
    Valk : Merre
    Mystic: just any geared mystic literally
    Musa : Kleenex or any 260+ AP musa with E buff
    Ranger : Rarzador (with Snoop`s account maybe) /Diona
    Kunoichi : Hakumi / Lemon
    Ninja : Shiki / Marquis / Nightlife61
    Lahn : Rinori
    Warrior : Keinika / Psychoss / Remake
    Sorc: SlimShadii
    Tamer: Risee
    Wizzard:
    Batenx / Boesewicht
    Witch: Cultured
    Zerker: 1Punch / Zorlak or basically Enemy zerkers

19. Alicia Dominica

@Zorlak this is some role-playing buddy of yours? Cause clearly that's the only category where you could possibly be nominated :)

20. Lady Arisha

Lady Arisha Mystic 61 EU

Tamer: Djent
    Striker: Windeman
    Mystic: Ursini / Arisha
    Sorceress: DeLaquin
    Wizard: Ironwill / Swagtro
    Fake Sorceress: TidusFTW
    Warrior: Nadeko
    Kunoichi: CleanChat
    Ninja: Avalre
    Naruto: Wilk