1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Black Desert PVE Content

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by nellone, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Angar

Angar Archer EU

So, a list of all the problems this game has is whining? Really?

The mentality of "Dont play it if you dont like it" leads nowhere.
    You are suggesting that instead of discussing my concerns about the game i play, i should instead just leave?
    How is that even remotely ****ing helpful to the game or the community?
    Branches of that mentality are also the reason people are hoping from game to game whenever something new and shiny comes out.
    And that crap leads nowhere.

When i dont like something, as in a part of a game and not the game as a whole like you are trying every1 to believe i said, i discuss about it and propose solutions according to my opinion. I do not leave the game like that.

So, overall 10/10 for trolling and 0/10 for brains mate.
    I am out of this thread.

Phoenixxx75 and Allan1985 like this.
  2. Vanadiel

I have never done a single world boss in 3+ years, yet I have all the boss gear except Vell's.
    I am trying to say not to worry about it and do other content. Purchase the boss gear, much faster and easier than trying to get it from boss events.

3. nellone

I'm not worried about the loot, i would like to play a funny game but they surround me with content that is not fun to play:
    - uninspired mechanics for world bosses
    - run over acquatic animals with your ship/car
    - stare the monitor with afk skills
    - spwankilling people at the red battlefield
    - the new marni stones brings you to kill 60k units of the same monsters!!!
    (these are few examples)

I think this game has a lot of gorgeous aspects, but i'm really worried about they have a different definition of fun than mine.

Phoenixxx75, T800 and MoZex like this.
  4. Eynix

I mean World Boss has always felt that way in any game doesn't it ? In what game did you felt like you were usefull when doing a WB ?

5. T800

It was a short term attention grab mechanic - that worked when Gear progress was fun. But when it's 3 years later, Gear Progress is no longer fun even for older players.

They need to adapt common MMO - Raid Progress pr year- model, so players can progress through short term achievements every 6-9 month to keep them actively playing the game.
    Because when players switch to Afk gameplay, they no longer care about Cash Shop, and with 17 Classes, you kind of in " been there, done that 10 times now " mood when you see a new class is being released.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  6. Thelemna

Thelemna Softspoken Tamer 63 NA

Team rifts are called awakened scrolls.

Clan rifts are called Guild Boss Scrolls.

The bosses you encounter in the main quest line are extremely weakened versions of the boss compared to everywhere else you encounter them.

World bosses do have mechanics albeit simple ones (Karanda's In and out, Vell's Dive, Muraka/Quint cannons, to name a few).

Field bosses got reworked over a year ago to go berserk.

It's not like it couldn't be better, but it's not like they aren't trying, either. That's to say nothing of the most recent content and the coming "Group content rework" to hopefully change the paradigm of Solo Desert Online*.

seanas likes this.
  7. Vanadiel

If the above does not sound fun to you, I am afraid BDO has little to offer you.

8. Jexz

What is the difference between a rift and a world boss that you find so entertaining?
    The first time I played a MMO and the bosses were entertaining was the game rift. The mechanics were unique but even that got boring and stale after a while. I find this the case with All PvE content though its entertaining when its fresh and new then the novelty wears off.

The only way I could see world bosses being fun and unique for long term. Would be another RNG factor.
    One player Gets picked and his black spirit takes him to take control of a world boss and run amuck for the players of BDO to take them down.

Maybe that player wants to focus certain guilds. maybe he wants to chase after and fight another boss that spawns. maybe he just wants to lay down and die maybe he just wants to survive and run for hours. It would be unique every time.

9. flukeSG1

I mean do you really expect people to just gush over how awesome this game is? There is a clear reason there are so many complaints on the forum.

10. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

wow, clan/guild rifts during war were you can summon bosses against the other party. YOu imagine summing rift Giath against opposite team? That will annoy the ffking sh*T out of them while they summon griffon upon you and all is happening as you fight other people. Its too much stffbut it would be fun as fk if they did that.

11. nellone

Yes, i'm alright with all you said, but those scrolls have literally no reward

I have 2,6k hours in this game, and this is my first post about my thoughts... i do not complain without a true reason...

Rifts are not public mate... -_-"
    and they cannot even be summoned.

#31 nellone, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    T800 likes this.
  12. Thelemna

Thelemna Softspoken Tamer 63 NA

I have legit gotten spare Urugons, Bhegs, and Muskans from those scrolls but alright \o/

Maginha likes this.