1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Caphras Stone - Tet to Pen - No Life Addition

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by EvL, Aug 27, 2018.

1. EvL

EvL

Okay, i'm a bit intoxicated here... but lets run some fast math.. if my numbers are even slightly off.. you have my permission to correct me and sue me.

From my understanding, grinding mobs will net you anywhere from 4-10 Caphras stones an hour.

From what i understand TET to PEN is 15000 Caphras Stones.

Now i'm going to start putting this in lamen terms...

For this we'll use the max of 10 stones an hour... not the minimum but the average highest number 10 which is considered about the max.. just to give you an overall idea of the despair...

If you wanted to grind up 15,000 Caphras Stones you would need to grind for 1500 hours.

If you grinded 10 hours a day for 30 days straight(3,000 Caphra Stones a month).. that would be 300 hours.

You would need to grind 10 hours a day for 5 months straight in order to get just one item from TET to PEN with this method.

For you to do 3 weapons and 4 pieces of armor.. it would take you 35 months.. that is ALMOST three full years of grinding 10 hours a day.

That's if you get 10 an hour which you certainly won't! It's safe to say we could probably even extend that by another year and half lol with these awkward and abyssal drop rates.. but for the sake of just doing the numbers even if you get 10 an hour that's almost three years!

10,500 hours of grinding with the best conditions for drops at ALL TIMES GRINDING(EXTREMELY HIGHLY UNLIKELY) but there you have it folks....

There is your free road to extreme no life OP LAND!

Mana_Mafia, Never, Reyer and 4 others like this.
  2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

better to pen with wallet and use that capras to enhance pen further. amirite? :D

Mana_Mafia, zhagsten, Morric and 7 others like this.
  3. Srich

You are right about the times but kapras stone are just an addition on enchanting and not a must. We will still need rngjesus ,to be on our side, in order to make Pen enchantments

4. Blitzball

You can buy Caphra stones at the marketplace. :)

Oh wait. Market is empty :D

zhagsten, Megabiv, Tvvin and 7 others like this.
  5. EvL

EvL

Well they aren't a must but they do bring good stat boosts so i imagine everyone will do them and when they hit level 20 do the 100% enhance upgrade.

6. Josh28

10 per hour in Dreigan I heard, our maps probably around 7, but you also get the matts to craft them and depending on the zone, you could effectively farm up to 20 per hour. Plus there should be events of stone injections later on and/or maybe even an increase drop rate since nerfing the quantity needed seems unlikely.

Well, this can be looked at as a compensation for cash mechanics to achieve the same in a shorter time so that officially, the game won't be p2w and just a super convenience since you can farm them. Kind of the future of all kr mmos: Make the game a hard grind-fest, then sell super conveniences in the store. I'm glad it lasted this long though. It was enjoyable.

Now, we should make bets on what other 'convenience' they'll add next. Any thoughts? I'm thinking more random stats on costumes so that people try them out and melt them for cron stones if the stats they got sux.

7. Thranduil

If you couldn't feed those caphra stones to make your Pen more powerful it would be a good system to get a save Pen. But you have to save the stones if you plan for the long run so it's not a good way to pen.

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  8. RealXared

RealXared Witch 61 EU

someone mentioned in another thread that you can craft 10 caphras strones with 10 blackstones+50 powders, can anyone confirm this?

9. Andaro

Ambassador

you will also get Caphras Powder, which is combined with Blackstones to make a CS

Smileybones and RealXared like this.
  10. 6footgeeks

also dailies, which give around 40 caphras through quests. But we dont have dreian yet, so thats something like 15 less for us

11. elgen

1) you can by caphra stones from the market like sharps/hards fro mwhat some kr's are saying.

2) you can craft them with black stones and a secondary mat

3) you can get them from bundles

It will still take a lot of time or silver but it's 100% chance and the item gets stats buffs as it progresses through the tiers. I would prefer that then face smashing the keyboards after yolo failing pen 20 times back to back.

Stormthar and Crimson_Scarlet like this.
  12. EvL

EvL

hehe, i can feel you on that.

13. Nyavenger

You mean layman's terms?

Eques3n and EvL like this.
  14. EvL

EvL

Yes that is what i meant to spell! Blame it on the alcohol xD

Thanks for the correction.

15. EvL

EvL

Glad to know there are more ways to do it faster... because that grind time was absurd.

Thranduil definitely threw a wrench in my thought when he mentioned this..

Those stones would be the only way to progress into the new hard cap!

It makes one question how far they really want to go into the game I imagine anyone doing CC swipes will probably save their Caphra stones only for their Pens and everybody not swiping using their stones just to get a Pen

16. Andaro

Ambassador

most likely, they will nerf that significantly.
    Which is probably what is taking so long with content releases, our version gets nerfed in rates and amounts, mainly because were pretty dam hardcore and tend to blow things up lol....

There is also a quest that gives a +20 Advice daily....I'm pretty sure we won't have that.

NA/EU will always be nerfed a bit to increase silver sink, and promote spending.....and that's not a PA / Kk thing....it happens with every game that is "westernized"

I've always wondered if a game would do.better if it was simply copied over tit-for-tat

17. Spartakatz

You are forgetting that they lower the requirements 1-2 times a year, the usual (needed) catchup mechanics. It will be always the same, nolifers will rush the new things, and a couple of months later it will be FAR less effort. People will be upset about it "but we worked so hard for it now it's all free!", again and again.

EvL likes this.
  18. Cardiel

Cardiel Disglair DarkKnight NA

With numbers like these, you have to wonder why they even add this avenue in. They'll be so sought after that the MP will be bone dry - always - and there's no way in hell anyone is going to forego doing anything else for three years. You're more likely to get PEN the old fashioned way before you reach this mark.

So I really do have to wonder; who is this even for?

Mana_Mafia, EvL and Fearless V like this.
  19. Entharias

Entharias Dreadhood EU

PA is pushing a global build, so we probably won't have anything different from the kr version

20. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

This is exactly what this system was designed for from the ground up. It's almost a complete waste to use Caphras from Tet -> Pen considering the cost and considering how much more is then needed to enhance Caphras energy past Pen.

Lmao, this system has been touted to be the "savior" of this game in terms of RNG enchants, however it's just yet another elaborate scheme to squeeze money out of the playerbase.