1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Carrack build is Toxic and Super Grindy-- not fun

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by GlitterBear, Nov 8, 2019 at 5:14 PM.

1. GlitterBear

GlitterBear GlitterBear

I havent stepped foot on land since the ocean expansion. At first I thought it was fun and cool with all the new things to do.. Now I feel its boring and grindy and I'm not getting anywhere only to have to rebuild a ship that took me months to build to begin with. Pick up a couple items..deliver them, run to repair rinse repeat 12 hours a day.. bleh. I think they made it so difficult and time consuming with little reward for doing it and the daily quests so that they didnt have to come out with any new content for a while allowing them to focus on their other games they are building..and what will you get for it in the long run? A ship that can carry more barter items or a ship that can sink things faster for all those 100 mil drops? Have fun with that... I cant be the only one to feel this way...Just my humble opinion..

Mana_Mafia, zynaps, Mr Deap and 8 others like this.
  2. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Whole game is grindy, why Carrack build would not be?

#2 Dryed, Nov 8, 2019 at 5:18 PM
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 12:25 AM
    Magiabarelli, Fearless V and Wodahs like this.
  3. reconkangas

Really and you thought this content was gonna be fun? Lmfao I'm still on dry land didnt like the ocean content before dont like it any better now...

Sailing is slow and obnoxious with bearly any auto pathing before you had to make a make shift item to hold down buttons to get to port rat. there is NOTHING out there that is worth getting or grinding that I cant easily swim to in shark suit.

I do however appreciate all the money you yokels are spending on Mats to upgrade the ships its making me a wealthy miser... Lol

4. Taela

I feel you there. I have spent more time at sea than I really wanted. I suppose though, in the end, I'll feel that I accomplished something.

GlitterBear likes this.
  5. ghoulz666

Eventually people will start to slowly see just how half-baked the effort and work is these devs put into the game. Even an indie game dev could up something more creative.

6. Debra

I have actually been doing the dailies and hoarding trade items to turn in for mats for the Carrack. However, now that I took another look, there is no Carrack specific gear.
    • So does it just use the galleus/caravel gear?
    • Does all that blue gear you worked so hard to make get eaten when you craft the Carrack?
    • Do you just wind up with a Carrack and no gear?
    • What even are the stats for the Carracks?
    None of this information was in the patch notes. I would like answers to these questions before I invest 2+ months and god knows how much silver into trying to craft this thing!

7. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Korea got gear for carracks recently. Each piece costs 10k sea coins.
    Carracks stats should be readable here: https://www.blackdesertfoundry.com/great-ocean-expansion/
    Old sailboat/frigate blue gear can't be used on carracks.

GlitterBear likes this.
  8. Debra

Welp add collecting 40k sea coins to my list for upgrade to Carrack lol! Well and coins for the stones to upgrade it ofc.

9. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

I've stopped caring about the new features they keep bringing out. How many thousands of requests have they had asking for them to rework and balance the classes alone? They are simply ignoring the playerbase. We want a strong core game first and foremost. I guess BDO just won't ever be that.

10. WisedudeBlack

They need to add more dailies for the upgrade materials.At this point bdo does not need more grind content.Effort sure?but months to get a boat?There needs to be a balance.

11. Amirite

You're always so positive lol

Wodahs likes this.
  12. Purr

thing is BDO is a KOREAN game and KOREAN players want GRINDY AF GAMES so what exactly do you expect playing a game that is giving exactly what its designed for? not grindy? try WoW or some such

13. Hajiarux

BDO lineage etc are grindy games not a problem the problem its the broken Pvp Black Desert Online is a game with open "world PvP" not Fishing Simulator

14. DarkGG

DarkGG DarkKnight 61 NA

Do we have a link to the patch notes that show this?

15. Doom Smack

Sounds like you overdoing it!

16. The_Lord

I don't get how people years after release still make these kinds of post everytime something new comes out, it seems like you still don't understand how this game works ... the whole point of BDO is a grind, a slow long term progression game, whether it's for level/gear ,life skills or anything , it's all about slow and long term progression and you just grind, that's all the content in bdo, and every other content that will come out will be like this. If it wasn't like this , the game would be dead, because all you do in bdo is to grind for money/exp or grind your life skills, the reason the game is succesful (although grindy games like this is clearly not for everyone) is because the endless progression. There is no ''real'' content it's just endless progression, idk why you would expect anything else with this new ''content''.

Wodahs, Silowyi and Purr like this.
  17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Most likely since this info is present in the Google Doc summarizing ocean patch that proved 100% trustworthy so far.

18. DarkGG

DarkGG DarkKnight 61 NA

Ah gotcha idk if I've seen that yet so was just curious

19. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

You guys are missing the whoooole plot behind this little sea trash content. Everything they are adding to the game is major time-consuming. Because to them, having you playing their game for infinity its all that matters. They will just keep making promises of balancing and reworking of classes and more classes on the works. Yes, they will bring out more classes before actually balancing the current ones while they keep promising of rework. See, it's all a scheme to keep you here playing the game. its is not necessary at all to make ships take so long and so tedious to make but they do it anyway. As long as you stay committed to building these useless things, the longer you stay playing the game. The moment they killed SMH, sea content went downhill. These guys spent hours doing the new barterer and call this "fun" . BDO is becoming a second job that doesn't actually pay. It's way too time demanding in order to get simple things.

20. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

I agree with this 100%. Just play the game at your own pace and don't take it too serious. You won't make it too far like this but it will not be as frustrating. BDO is definitely not about having fun, its about taking your free time and making you waste it on goals that are never going to see an end.

GlitterBear likes this.