1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Carrack build is Toxic and Super Grindy-- not fun

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by GlitterBear, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Corsix

its a silver and time sink

TucoRamires and Silowyi like this.
  2. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

guess what...the point of pretty much ANY mmo is to play (and pay for) the game for infinity...western or asian doesn't matter at that point...
    and sure, bdo is pretty time consuming...as pretty much any korean grinder...because the korean people for whom it was released for originally like this kind of gameplay...they won't rewrite the game for the EU/NA market just because some people don't like it...could it achieve a better target audience in EU/NA if they did it? maybe, but they don't seem too care about it as the business is running fine
    not to mention that pretty much any mmo has some sort of task that will be repeated endless times...may it be the same few raids, pvp battles or whatever.

Andaro, Fearless V, rSick and 3 others like this.
  3. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Thanks, Obvious Team.

Andaro and Wodahs like this.
  4. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

pretty much what I've been saying since release.

5. Stabby

Here's a little motivation for ya. Grats to Awabi from BDONavy on your NA first.

upload_2019-11-8_21-53-8.png

Andaro, seanas and Debra like this.
  6. Flesh007

Guys, has anyone found these resources in barter? I already have 1200+ barters, and so far nothing.
    Screenshot_4.png Screenshot_5.png

7. Purr

yee thats the third on NA ive seen couple people had them yesterday
    person from audacity was posting the enhancemtn rates in sailing discord as they tried to enhance them to +10

8. Purr

exactly super grindy and pay to win microtransactions are the norm for gaming buisness plans over in korea is why i laugh when people complain like itll make PA change it.. its a KOREAN MMO not a WESTERN MMO diff culture that different things are accepted
    and agreed u dont exactly "beat" an mmo u just reach a checkpoint that sooner or later will be extended further only for u to reach it again and again and again new lvl cap new gear new raids new pvp awards new achievements MMOs are designed for never ending progression like you stated

9. Thranduil

I'm happy with my improved epheria frigate, yes the Carrack does look nice, but i don't like the sea stuff anyway.

10. Joungf

PA would say: Game mechanics work as intended. And then they would .... do this :-P

11. zhagsten

No, the problem is not "the grind". We all know what kind of game it is.

The problem is that it's active gameplay but it's not thought out to be fun. It's ok to require lots of quests to do and slowly build you carrack if the quests themselves bring you to something fun. And a simple quest on land, like kill 500 mobs, is fun because land combat is fun.

But on sea, when the quest tells you to kill a monster, it becomes a drag because of stupid ram hitbox and lackluster combat system (one attack skill with a cooldown...).
    And bartering is just sailing from one point to another without autopath (because it doesn't work) and without anything interesting happening, no threat, nothing at stake, nothing to play.

Findubar likes this.
  12. Ice04

Very good question! I would also like to know the requirements to unlock those....

13. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

I like bartering but the currents are so annoying, restocking constantly is annoying, and going overweight is so annoying I finally docked my ship in the wharf(after 90 barters) and its staying there. Im playing another game now for a while have fun with that, for me personally its not happening.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  14. chendu

When you have the 4 margoria ship barter accessible for coins, it takes around 30 days to make 80k sea coins so not that hard,
    as for the carrack, just enjoy going at sea and getting money and slowly build it, I'd also recommand to get the carrack gear before you finish it so you're carrack is actually an improvement (and those aren't in game yet for us )

15. GlitterBear

GlitterBear GlitterBear

I really dont mind grind but this is toxic grind.. like months of work and then to find out after I finally get to carack I need 10000 sea coins for each part? lol omg..

Debra likes this.
  16. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

I gave up after 22 barters, there's a reason why now there are so many boat parts and why everything is dropping in price. Bartering is by far worse silver than grinding, or any other lifeskill.
    I see so many people in my guild doing it they like I've made 3bil I'm like no you can't count it if you didn't sell just letting it build so you can make carrack doesn't mean you've made silver.

17. Roechacca

Old school mmos never attracted the "I want it now" crowd. It's about work time and dedication. The little sub adventures that happened along the way. I'm old enough to remember before MMOs and video games we had to get together at each other's house and play D&D. Those quests were months long, killed many trees to supply paper and pencils and made everyone outside the circle think you were in a cult. Thank the stars for BDO and tech!

Smileybones and Purr like this.
  18. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

Its actually not bad silver once you accumulate some barters and have a caravel/galleas to haul more items.
    Sure its not insane silver, but I can pull an upwards of 100m (sometimes more) in 1h of bartering just by selling excess T5 items to vendor. If you factor in coin trades as well number will go higher.

Yes you can make more by grinding sure, especially if you get carried with rare drops. But bartering is just another viable option for the people that want to add some variety and a lazier silver option.

22 barters.. you did not even try the content and condemn it. That is a bit presumptuous on your end. You not liking it is fine, but saying its not good silver is just wrong.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  19. Purr

yup yup specially since u can trade sea coins for manos accessories which only increase silver p/h and once you get enough barters done it becomes extremly self suffcient

20. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

Well simply because i don't have time to do it took me 6hrs to do 22 barters. I get maybe 12hr a week to play so yes this ocean content was a waste of dev time and resources. Also it seems we probably have a skeleton crew working on bdo anyways since crimson desert will probably be replacing bdo.
    But saying bartering is good silver is a straight up lie. It's just like Manos invest x billions + x 1000s of hrs before making x back. Mr.Rapples made a great video showing bartering and basically was like in a perfect world under perfect rng you will make 142mil an hr. I don't and alot of other people don't have time or resources to drop into bartering before it gets good. So yes it's dead content since people with little play time are better off grinding still

Phoenixxx75 and Debra like this.