1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Carrack build is Toxic and Super Grindy-- not fun

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by GlitterBear, Nov 8, 2019.

1. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

I'm sorry what? Just because it doesn't cater to your and some fraction of the playerbase's availability its "Dead content"? Get over yourself man, really.
    This game as a whole do not cater to people with limited time to play, but rather to the chunk of the players that can and do sink a serious amount of hours (or money). Any activity that generates silver requires investment. Making a ship to barter is in no way different from grinding and enhancing your gear so you can make more silver. This is yet another avenue for people to generate said silver and i see nothing wrong with it. It is not a busted RMT-enabling fest like SMH used to be in its peak.

Your whole argument can be summarised as: "I don't like it, thus dead content."

#41 v.klishev, Nov 9, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    Shaiba, Helspeth, noctred and 4 others like this.
  2. Purr

also consider 142m an hour is really dam good plus bartering is every 4 hours also add in SMHing guild missions and the possible special barter

3. WisedudeBlack

What are the chances and the fs he used?

4. Vanadiel

I have to agree with that. I used to leave my computer on 24/7 for this game.
    Now that I took an extended break I actually shut my computer off when I am finished playing my other game.
    It feels so odd to do this there are times I forget and notice it still running the next day.

Good thing I am not drinking their cool aid anymore.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  5. Wandrim

There is a certain class of smooth brained degenerate that wants to reduce every game to the most simple common denominator. Despite there being literally hundreds of low time investment games of every flavor out there to choose from, the handful that are not the same are an affront and must be changed. I suspect the truth is these folk lack the capacity or will to actually do the content and thus wish to prevent those who are able to enjoy the different content from having something good. In almost every game that tries to do something different, the smooth brains come out to render judgment usually without having even bothered to understand the value of what they are criticizing. If you had bothered to actually spend some time doing the new content you would realize even after a week you could be making decent silver and already well on your way to a t3 ship.

6. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

That 142m number is doing all 100 barters every 4 hrs, it comes down to roughly ,40 an hour when you step into reality

Debra likes this.
  7. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

you need 10k barters (11th route) to get those actually. enjoy

8. Unranked

its not hard to do all 100 barters in 2h, wich ez nets 300m total, propably more when u have higher barter numbers (more t5 items in a single run)

9. Ice04

where is this number coming from? 10k sounds insane for me O_O

10. Purr

your post said 142m an hour so which is it? 142 m an hour or 142 mill every 4 hours?

11. Unranked

korea, the eleventh route unlocks it and the number of barters needed to unlock each route is something like this upload_2019-11-9_22-48-27.png

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  12. Ice04

by the balls of Odin...that would take half a year or so to come close to those numbers...

13. Lefteye

Not if you have a lot of time to do it. There are people with more than 4K barters already. I’m at like 180, lol.

14. Ice04

Well, since release of the patch all I do is barter...still only at 700 right now. Dont know what I'm doing wrong or how it is possible to already have 4k...

15. WisedudeBlack

There was a guy like a day ago who posted a pic of 4.5k bartering.Someone called him out saying he had no job/school and he said he had a fulltime job and slept 8 hours a day.Smells fishy to me tbh.

#55 WisedudeBlack, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  16. noctred

noctred NA

?????????????????????????????????????

so... dead content is now defined as something a fraction of the playerbase doesn't have time to optimize?

jfc these forums LOL.

Lord_Xenon and Purr like this.
  17. SyreneLillianaide

IMG_20191106_1026303-1.jpg

TucoRamires likes this.
  18. Deyric

Why are you restocking constantly if you are just bartering? Store some of the cheapest orange tier food in your hold and you don't have to bother, and it costs less. And the currents aren't even close to that bad.

It is sad people have to actually make up arguments.

19. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

Im pretty sure nowhere in my post did I say I only barter, I kill sea monsters, ghost ships, pirates etc, having to dock to resupply is annoying but manageable if only the currents didnt make one want to pull their hair out. If you like going against these fake currents and restocking constantly then have fun with that and also spending money on orange food, sure buddy Im making up an argument, maybe you should research and look at all of the other forum threads of people not liking the currents before making assumptions that I am making up an argument, if anything Im only adding to the argument.

They are supposedly trying to go for realism here.
    Lets see, in real life Im pretty sure no idiot sails directly against a current without turning the sails on a ship, they also have navigation tools which allow them to see where currents are located in the ocean. If BDO wants to attempt realism then they need to give us a way to see where the currents are or allow us to turn the sails or both instead of us blindly hitting an invisible wall where sometimes your ship wont even move yeah thats realistic NOT.
    Also in real life what kind of sailors eat up an entire ships rations after only being on the ocean for 30 minutes?

Im not here to argue with people that like this content I only voiced my opinion that I personally dont like it and refuse to partake, if you like this crap then more power to you have fun.

Phoenixxx75 and Flesh007 like this.