1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The changing meta regarding dungeons

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Factorial, Nov 18, 2019.

?

Are you looking forward to dungeons?

1. Yes

84 vote(s)
    60.9%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    31.2%
  3. Something else

11 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Factorial

For a long time now, dungeons have been frowned upon by some members of the community. Others have been demanding dungeons for generations. However, content has turned stale and lackluster. As such, pearl abyss is now stepping into dungeons.

So it begs the question: are people still against dungeons? There are other concerns as well. Such as: what type of dungeons will be released? What kind of gear or loot would be obtained? Would dungeons replace the circle/rotation grind? Would team/group dynamics be necessary? Would party roles and tools for those roles be created? The uncertainties are plenty.

Those aside, are people looking forward to dungeons?

2. TunechiLee

The most important question to ask here is: When did Pearl Abyss state they'd add dungeons to the game? If so, I'd love to read about it.

Stres, seanas, flukeSG2 and 2 others like this.
  3. Denthors

what is a dungeon ?
    what is your definition of a dungeon ?

are we talking "instanced zone"

cuz that not "a dungeon"

dun·geon
    /ˈdənjən/
    noun
    1. a strong underground prison cell, especially in a castle.
    BDO already have that

" A few months ago, we finished development for an instanced dungeon, The Altar of Blood"

here
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/word-from-the-developers-about-pve.504524/

4. Amirite

Yes we are, actually a few different types of them would be nice, even if they add that to the main story could be cool. I'm sure we got a lot of ideas for what could be a really awesome dungeon.
    I voted this time ;)

Rubyvulpa likes this.
  5. Rubyvulpa

There is now an open topic on the global lab discord about dungeons as well - so they are gathering feedback!

That said, I liked BDO for not being centered around hardcore raid content (as a person who LOVES hardcore raid content). I love dungeons, I love strategy, I love grouping up, I love obtaining amazing loot. But... I'd feel sad if they just added a whole new focus to the game that makes it so everyone has to spam dungeons for gear. It's exhausting, and it takes the fun & challenge out of them if you have to spam nine dungeons five times a week, every week, to remain 'caught up' and get the best of the RNG.

So; do I want dungeons? Yes! But I'd want them to be BDO dungeons. We don't have holy class trinity. We didn't have (a whole lot of) gear elitism. There are viable things to do ingame that are not raiding. I hope it stays that way. I hope they add more group content, I hope they add more underground grinding zones, I hope they add strategy based instances like Altar of Blood, I hope they add puzzle course dungeons, and I hope there's a lot more boss content - all those things would make endgame PvE a lot more investive, without barring it from half the playerbase.

Amirite likes this.
  6. Amirite

Awesome, thanks for the information. So we are not beating a dead horse.......yet.

7. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

I'm against Pearl Abyss running dungeons...The way they will monetize it will ruin any fun the mechanic was meant for.

Capitaine Courage and mad like this.
  8. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

Weird.... Hystria and Aakman have been in the game for years.

9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

So long as they dont go the Korean route like they did with lost ark.

, or like other games, where you need the pearl key to open the chest.

10. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 61 EU

Soo let me see what you rly want. You want a teleporting portal that teleports you into another zone, grind there mobs will you finish the linear grinding, get some rewards that will be 100% rng... Man you just want a new way to grind that will get you bored too :O

Players should realize that all games become boring after a while... You need to make the game enjoyable yourself not with some updates -_-

11. Autokratorkronos

I just wish for more pve group content i want to have good memories with other people i joined bdo didnt care about solo farming but as the time passes im stuck in mirumok cause solo farming the time dosnt pass i can keep going for 10 hours farming in mirumok but in solo i just cant now that i blow up gear i just do lifeskill cause i cant farm solo i am a social person .really sorry for all the players that like solo content but i like being around other people fighting together in an adventure and a goal than being solo thats my opinion thank you all for reading my post.

12. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

Group content in a MMORPG... Are you crazy sir!? lol

Lefteye likes this.
  13. Autokratorkronos

Yeah maybe i should quite dont know :)

T800 likes this.
  14. MonarckGaming

MonarckGaming Erianas Kunoichi 62 NA

Dungeons should only exist if they are going to not be instanced based…. BUT if it must be instanced then I think I found a “acceptable” way to implement them into BDO.

Much like Scrolls and Rift Bosses

- Require the party run to the entrance of a pre-existing open world dungeon, Hystria, Pila Ku, Goblin Cave, Khruto Cave etc…

- Require the Party leader to activate the dungeon with a scroll this would cause the dungeon to populate with equivalent difficulty/density
    mobs = to the scrolls difficulty and cause the party to become instanced just like scroll groups

- The dungeon should be filled with Trash, Mini Bosses and a Boss

- Trash would drop!!! Trash, Mini bosses can drop enhancing materials and such, the boss would drop caches exactly like the awaken scrolls.

- Dungeons should make similar Silver/Hr as awaken scrolls adjusted to Difficulty (like 60mil for starter dungeons to 120mil for advanced
    dungeons)

- Dungeon Scrolls should be rare and gained by grinding. No pearl entry tickets or loyalties. They shouldn’t be allowed to be sold or traded.

I’m not a professional game designer but I make my own D&D campaigns and been playing BDO for 16k hrs maybe 6k active. So meh this is my opinion anyways!

15. Catastigma

Or just make extremely hardcore Platoon based Grind spot with Monster with a decent level IA ?

Imagine Serengkan monster/Gahaz/Cadry Elite. Monster with Grap/CC/High reactivity/mobility.
    Mostly unbackstable cause thier reaction time are not *Snail level* like Hystria/sycria.

Not a grind spot where Monster just one shot you. cause its can be tricked like Ash forest one cause thier take decade to reacting and moving.
    Monster with good AI and CC combo/protected skill and not protected skill. Like actualy classe. Where you will be forced

I have no doupt that thier can do this.

i would prefer challenging content. Not based on a AP/DP. but more CC reactivity.

just imagine be forced to play again monster like you play agains player. Imagine a Monster that instantly Charging Thrust-> Grap instantly when you are in his vision. Now imagine a grind spot with a forty of these mobs. with CC resistance (60%?)

It will not be fun for 98% of people.
    But it will be for the minority who really plays the game.

BDO would innovate, not copy other brain dead mmo.

If thier done boring Bag of PV trash mob/Boss.
    Its not gonna interresing at all and people will never doing it anyway,

#15 Catastigma, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    Chaos Ronin likes this.
  16. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

IF the dungeons would have actual mechanics instead of gear checks, it would be nice. i doubt this game is capable of intelligent mobs and bosses tho.

zeezero, JM and T800 like this.
  17. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

It is capable...the gahaz min bosses, gate keepers, and rift bosses show that they can do it.

Why so, many groan at what a lost opportunity this game was...Even raking in the billions, they couldn't invest a 15th of that to develop what should have been a true master piece.

18. Catastigma

Some Elite/gatekeeper are pretty strong and reactive actualy. thier just need to intergrate a Rotation of mobility> Grap->CC and ranged with distance CC too ect..

You can already have a good idea if you go Sherenkhan Night time. These mobs are CC resistance too and you have advantage to CC them infinitly for killing them fastly. now imagine if they had to respond.

I personnaly think that ordiletta grind spot will be a little bit like this.

19. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

I do hope they add some group content for us low geared players, and just for 261 AP + players.

Éternel, Avantala and Amirite like this.
  20. Columba

As long as the dungeon rewards are NEVER better or more frequent than what you can get in the regular game, I don’t care. Don’t make this a wow forced raid fest, please.

Ventesa likes this.