1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The changing meta regarding dungeons

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Factorial, Nov 18, 2019.

?

Are you looking forward to dungeons?

1. Yes

84 vote(s)
    60.9%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    31.2%
  3. Something else

11 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Factorial

I can't argue with this and I strongly support this perspective. Every game in existence becomes boring at some point. The way to defeat boredom is to have multiple ways of doing the same thing: grinding.

So I am all for a different way of grinding. Keep in mind that I actually love the brainless grindfest in BDO's current inception. I enjoy it immensely, it just gets meh after a few hours.

Anyway, I would like a different way to get my silver/hour that's entertaining and unique. The more, the merrier as the saying goes. Having 10000 ways to do one thing isn't a bad thing. Having only one way to do something is just lame.

As for dungeons, this might be happening. Come to terms with it.

2. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

They got dungeons in Black Desert Mobile yo! Come get some instances! Hahahahaha!

JM likes this.
  3. JSXShadow

There is a very good way of progression atm. its the fishing event and the Imperial boxes. 200m a day for basically full AFK, no work but progress. That is how it should be :D Play something more fun meanwhile. BDO is a typical progression game. The most enjoyment comes from getting stronger..thats it.

4. Thranduil

If they put Dungeons it'll be like with AoB, you'll do it on launch because of the event with extra loot and once it ends you'll never do it again.

5. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 61 EU

Why i hate dungeons : players just do it for the finalle to get the reward. 95% don't even enjoy the game, they only enjoy getting 1 ****** item.

What i rly want is to have a taunt system, tanks to tank and i as a ranger to dps. I think we should get some players like you and me and make the movement in making the game better by supporting the dev with suggestions and feedback that aren't complaints over complains asking for more easy and useless content that will just make bdo an infected casual game.

Factorial likes this.
  6. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

A dungeon in a video games is supposed to be a challenging little adventure, being unable to restock or call for help from players other than those you initially joined the dungeon with. It demands proper gameplay from all parties, healer knowing how to manage their manapool and only use strong, fast and manahungry heals when absolutely necessary. Tanks using buffs and debuffs timed almost perfectly to mitigate teamdestroying attacks and damage dealer being able to get to the weak points and not get caught up in aoe damage and dying for free.
    In BDO "hard" mobs simply ignore your entire set of skills and gamemechanics. As valk vs some riftbosses it is absolutely hilarious. They ignore SA and FG with soemtimes almost every single basicattack. Their aoe attacks damage and cc procs neither match the animation in timing nor size. You are just like:
    Can I, ca.. can.. ca... can I plea...please.. atta... attack... you..? While getting thrown out of your SA and FG every hit are trying to do. If that is challenging, I dont get it. Neither is ressource managment any issue at all in BDO. BDO is just not made for "creating" any kind of challenge. The only way how they do it is by either giving mobs so much HP you can not kill them in time. Giving them so much damage they onehit you through block or simply letting them ignore all your counter-mechanics against cc.
    Tera had some amazing bosses with quite clever mechanics involving the stage while fighting bosses.

7. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

tldr: BDO has dumb PVE and asking for dungeons in this context is equally dumb.

8. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

i loved teras combat and pve. there you could really carry via skill alone even with a tier or two lower gear. in bdo its all about them brackets and what multipliers your skill has. it isnt that in bdo positioning isnt important, its that tera had done it so much better imho. tera hard dungeons that were a interactive joy to play even after xyz completitions. not to mention their tanks and healers had actual jobs beside popping some pulls and buffs every few minutes.

9. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Something else : like reworked high-end grind spots and make most of them for group only, with smarter minds and why not, some random events when a mini-boss would appear, be angry and try to kick your team out of its territory.

Something that would create the need for team play, without the need for instances.

Edit : +1 for Tera combat system, but its instanced dungeons were boring in the end.

10. T800

They will test them in Black Desert, than add the real ones to Crimson Desert. - this is pretty much how i feel about it.

Our class system is too messed up to make any meaningful PvE beyond hack-and-slash.
    Also, Dungeons needs Damage numbers and class balance for Dungeons to make them challenging - none of which will ever happen in Black Desert at this point.

But there is hope for Crimson Desert, with fewer classes, and a willingness to balance them from the start, they could make it work there.

choovanski, Factorial and flukeSG2 like this.
  11. Amirite

Is it not that already?

12. Capitaine Courage

Vindictus / Mabinogi Heroes also had very good mechanics regarding bosses.
    Best boss fights in an action MMO ever if we're talking about mechanics. To be honest it wasn't a even a real MMO actually, but more realistically a Beat'em Up at the core, with some MMO and RPG elements on top of it, so it was also the best action / combat system by far (but it was the only thing the game had, and monetisation, RNG and farm were as bad as here, if not more)

#32 Capitaine Courage, Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  13. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

I love how you say you are against dungeons when you are really against monetization and company greed. It has nothing to do with the dungeons as a feature themselves and your "argument" is quite a poor and unfair one to make.

Let me give you an analogy (it's not perfect):
    X: "This playground could you use a cool slide. We have a swing and a sandbox so far and it is fun to play here."
    Y: "Nooo! Based on no intel on their plans, the contruction company that built up this playground will make that slide completely broken and unfun for sure. It could literally ruin everything! Let's not have a slide at all here just to be safe."
    Conclusion: But the slide itself would be fun, no? It's only the company which could mess it up - could is the keyword. You can't tell right now.

You are against new content because of irrational fear at this point. This is pure poison for every progression oriented species, man.

#33 Two-Tu, Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  14. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

That doesn't really sound irrational to me. The question was about dungeons in this game and Kynreaa gave a valid reason based upon previous content releases why he wouldn't want them.

If you knew a construction company using cheese graders for slides, would you take the chance and hire them to build one in your park in hopes that they don't this time?

15. Lefteye

If it turns out to be made of a cheese grater, don’t slide on it? On the same note, if dungeons in bdo turn out to be bad, don’t do them.

16. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

In your analogy its Pearl abyss construction company.
    They have a reputation, its not an unonown company.

Second, i prefer the system of scrolls we have now over running hour long dungeons that will be for the same bs rewards as doing your weekly awakened scroll now.
    They also have a reputation of time and effort not giving rewarding rewards...

Do we not play the same game or something?

SavageOpress[SX00] and flukeSG2 like this.
  17. hightech

Please post it in the survey ongoing in the libary..sounds good to me.
    https://discordapp.com/channels/487780311208427535/645511026090967041

18. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Mystic 58 NA

Do you really believe that Crimson Desert will be any difference in balance and monetization? I do hope you are not that foolish. Balance and out of cash shop competitive play always had and always will take a back seat in Korean MMOs. ALL OF THEM!

19. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

Apparently, we don't play the same BDO, because in my BDO, there are no dungeons yet, so I can't say anything about their duration and profit gain yet. But it seems like you can do already, huh?

Also, if you prefer dooing other stuff, go ahead and do it. Nobody will force you to do dungeons. It is an option, not mandatory. Let dungeon enthusiasts do their dungeons when they are out and you keep doing your scrolls.

But I don't see you guys complaining about the "previous content" they released. You are complaining about stuff they have yet to release and you guys act like they already did that and failed miserably.

20. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Its called a preemptive they better not pull this BS, warning.

And when they add "optional stuff" that you say isnt manditory..may i remind youabout thanx to the new class Lahn they had to break all the other classes.

This new dungeon content better not break other things like the sea content broke SMH and guild participation.

And the new UI...still cant use my storage properly without holding ctrl as well...not manditory my butt.

SavageOpress[SX00] likes this.