1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The changing meta regarding dungeons

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Factorial, Nov 18, 2019.

?

Are you looking forward to dungeons?

1. Yes

84 vote(s)
    60.9%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    31.2%
  3. Something else

11 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

I get it. Yet, you are constantly talking about how the COMPANY behind the makings of the dungeons may screw it up, mainly due to monetization or balance issues.

Still, I am eager to hear your arguments for or against the idea of dungeons themselves.

dersied likes this.
  2. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Just that i prefer the scrolls and dark rift system...if they dont mes with that, whats to complain about, it will be more useless content like blood alter with PA running the show.

I bet no one in that feedback section asked any tough questions like how they gonna monitize it, the rewards worth the time an effort? What pearl items will be required etc.

Edit: an how dungeons gonna work without dps monitors...itl be a disaster.

#42 Kynreaa, Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    SavageOpress[SX00] and flukeSG2 like this.
  3. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Against because instanced dungeons would separate even more a community that has some difficulty to even meet and confront in an open world.

Ventesa, flukeSG2 and Columba like this.
  4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

very few people actually want conflict in a open world if it interferes with their silver/hr.

zhagsten, dersied and Fearless V like this.
  5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Implying you played all Korean MMOs. At this point this is blind racism from you.

6. T800

With Black Desert you know you will never have balance, now that they are introducing a 3rd stance the Succession.
    So if Crimson Desert will be the same, at least i could enjoy a new " Build your mercenary unit " system:

which maybe me even more curios about Crimson Desert. Still waiting to see MMO and combat part of Crimson Desert, but so far it looks good.

One feature that Crimson Desert already have, and BDO never did, was Story conflict.

#46 T800, Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  7. Lord_Xenon

I played a tower defense in another game and it was interesting. While you used your gear, it was only helpful at the start of the first waves to get points to build towers to defend the core. After a while(depending on your gear and CC abilitities), you couldn't kill them anymore(with a full group) so you MUST use towers and place them around the map with focus on their DPS/M/area and additional ability. A whole run could take from 30 mins to 1h and when you as group failed in building towers, you could only drag out the lose with CC but that took away your time. The rewards were enhancement material and gold. I liked it, though it isn't as comparable to this game as the CC worked different than here and you could solo it(though you missed out on additional CC+early game advantage). But most will hate it due the gear you carry don't kill mobs very soon even with PEN vs. easy mobs as the gap would increase(though I don't really now as the buff you could put for your group for +damage seem to be broken at some point as everything above 200M or whatever didn'T displayed and the mobs' health didn't decrease anymore - so I think there was an anti-cheat dps in place).

8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

Its not racism, that's the countries culture..Their government subsidies companys that make online games, and pretty much makes them do that to the games, to support its people...The country of south Korea's goverment policy's is not racist to call them out, no more then saying USA is capitalist and claiming if a north or south Korean said that it would be racist.

#48 Kynreaa, Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    Éternel, Fearless V and flukeSG2 like this.
  9. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Sadly. And yet I think that it may be the most interesting thing BDO could propose, less channels, group grind spots.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  10. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

L2 comes to mind.

But this game sux with group spots.

Draconnix likes this.
  11. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

So your suggestion is to ask for something that will likely arrive broken and then what, to complain about it afterwards and watch them never fix it?

If you don't see the hundreds of not thousands of complaints about existing problems in this game on this forum, you must have your eyes closed.

Why don't dungeon enthusiasts play a game with dungeons? Why is it that gaming culture is so insistent on making every game tailored to what they want rather than who the targeted audience is?

12. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

First off, it's called stereotyping not being racist. And from my very long and extensive list of Korean MMOs played. It's a very true stereotype too. No matter how much you don't personally agree with it, doesn't mean it's not true.

Second off, you just showed how limited your experience is in the MMO genre let along the Korean MMO sub-genre is.

Third off, damn you just can't help but to try to provoke me and pick a fight with me. That's pretty sad of you.

And yet I think that it may be the most interesting thing, if BDO didn't have nearly as much of a Gear Gap. Some people just don't enjoy getting stomped out of the game by gear gap.

You want BDO to have more of a active and relevant PvP scene like Western MMOs like GW2 and ESO have. Than do what they do, and put less importance on out gearing your enemies. And put more importance on out-skilling your enemies. Until that Korean MMOs PvP scene will always be inferior to Western MMO PvP scenes. That's a fact!

#52 Fearless V, Nov 20, 2019
  13. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

Ah yes, the ol' reliable "go play another game then" line. Made a thread about this a while ago: https://community.blackdesertonline...rds-suggestions-go-play-game-xyz-then.371619/

Is it wrong to ask for new content and improvements for a game nowadays?

Just because we demand something to be added, it doesn't mean that the things we already have are flawed or undesired to a point, where we consider to change games entirely lol. It's that BDO is a cool game, and it could be much cooler, in the opinions of many, if dungeons would be added.
    Any game is tailored for a specific target audience, but I thought BDO would be promoted as the sandbox MMORPG out here. Why shouldn't it be tailored for more than just one target audience? We already got the PvP with the Arsha Arena and other modes, the grinding, life skilling, sailing and sort of RPing. The only group left out is the PvE group content (and no, grinding in a group is grinding does not count here. it's grinding.) audience and it itches many of the community to have something like that being added to the game.

Now let's take dungeons as a concept aside. The reason why we'd love to have dungeons is because there is currently a coop aspect lacking in this game. Playing with friends is not as exiting as it could be, and BDO is a MMORPG. MMORPGs rely on group content or some sort of coop aspect, otherwise it woudn't be an MMO.
    Fine, dump the dungeons (I'm more of an """open world enthusiast""" anyways), but as long as something else is going to be added that promotes group content and makes playing with friends an viable (progression-wise) and fun option, I am all in.

#53 Two-Tu, Nov 20, 2019
    dersied likes this.
  14. Éternel

Funny how my feedback gets deleted when I also confronted a certain persons ignorance, talk about hurt feelings.

Anyhow, I voted no because based of what group content they have produced so far (AoB and SR). Oddly enough, they called these dungeons as well, which leads me to believe whatever they have in mind will be more of the same. Not to mention that this would just add another layer that they would need to consider when/if ever, they decide to balance classes.

Kynreaa and SavageOpress[SX00] like this.
  15. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

There are the right time and a right place to tell someone to play another game. This would be one of them.

That's not just new content, that's an entirely different game mode that would alter other aspects of the game. They've been adamant about not having instances or dungeons since the launch of the game. That's like me asking for a sidescrolling platformer mode to be added, it's not something they wanted in the game. The game developers don't owe us anything outside of what they promised and to make sure it's working. It's why I hate seeing requests like this which come off as selfish, just like people crying for PvE channels only, it's not part of the vision they had for the game and it's not our place to push off such demands on them. If we don't like what they offer, we aren't the audience they are seeking and it is not out of the question to tell someone to find a game that meets their demands, it's why there is more than 1 videogame in the world.

Suggestions are fine, but they've been very forward with us how they think about dungeons and it's not something they wanted in this game.

Sadalsuud likes this.
  16. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

What if rewards was equal to what you get now. Would that be acceptable to you?

Ventesa and Columba like this.
  17. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

For me, as it would be better to find ways to keep the community in the same areas to provoke interactions, instanced dungeons would still be a "no".

(former L2 player here ^^)
    And sadly again, you're right... But it's not like BDO had no room for improvement about this.

True!
    But more than gearing, I think brackets are the most important problem. By creating artificial boosts of power at some points it amplifies the lack of balance, in addition to reducing the build possibilities for those who are not at full tet (accessories included).
    These brackets should be removed along with their bonus, and the value of each point should be increased, to allow a regular growth.

Moreover, that's also why I think high grind spots should be for groups only. A 1vs1 in the wild emphasizes the lack of balance between classes and the importance of gear ; group provides a relative protection. A solo player will jump easily on a isolated player ; he'll be more careful in front of a team. Team vs team is another interesting possibility and might show pvp under another light even for those who are not particularly fond of pvp.

And ultimately, if a team is stomped by another full team, then it is time to move!

:D

flukeSG2 and Fearless V like this.
  18. Factorial

Are you kidding me? BDO is all but a solo game in name.

If you do dungeons correctly, you would more than infuse community interaction. It would breathe new social and interactive life into the game.

The current BDO system only encourages solo and antisocial behavior. It's a cancer that's slowly killing the game.

Case in point, as soon as people see a white square on the map, they instantly get hot and bothered about "their" rotation. Pure hostility and hatred follows.

Two-Tu, dersied and Fearless V like this.
  19. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Nope, not kidding. You're right in saying that dungeons can also create more interactions... Except one : PvP. Unless these dungeons also create pvp situations, but I don't think it was the idea here.

And as my opinion is that BDO could be better by really allowing group play, group conflicts and mixing pve and pvp in the same open world, instanced dungeons are still a "no" for me.
    I also think that pvp in team can be more enjoyable : more interesting, and this feeling that you and your team are on the same boat may change a loss into something less "violent", less dramatic.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  20. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

Why do you feel the need to dump your gear score on others who are no where close enough to fight you? You are starting to sound like a cyber bully. Only interested in picking fights with people who have not the intentions nor means to fight back.

If you are so thirsty for PvP why not do Node Wars, Siege, RBF, BA, or the many of other avenues that supports PvP in their limited fashion.

And people wonder why BDO's PvP scenes has less than I DARE SAY 10%, of the activity of those PvE MMOs PvP scenes.

dersied likes this.