1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The changing meta regarding dungeons

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Factorial, Nov 18, 2019.

?

Are you looking forward to dungeons?

1. Yes

84 vote(s)
    60.9%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    31.2%
  3. Something else

11 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

They could add a dungeon you can't enter until you've won the rights to it via pvp with others? Like a node war, but you earn access to the dungeon if you win?

AZzalor likes this.
  2. Haemosu

I have always said that if BDO adds group content such as dungeons i hope they take the opportunity to raise the bar and make it something more than what it has always been.
    They have a chance to go beyond the norm.
    I wont hold my breath though.

3. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Nope.
    The biggest problem about instanced dungeons is that you can't compete with others for that dungeon. bdo's open world was made to encourage conflicts between players for ressources. Adding instanced ressource generation that is as good as the non-instanced one will remove that aspekt basically.
    So either make dungeons somewhat open world so you can get contested there by other players or make it so that the rewards are low enough to not hurt the open world conflicts.

4. Vanraven

Wouldn't work well.

5. XkiviX

XkiviX Archer 61 EU

Sure, let's add a dungeon like in every mmorpg and let 280 players get in it kill everyone and take their loot. Glamorous thinking.

Maybe it's time to consider content that doesn't require bloodshed around every corner.

Currently we have 220+ ap players grinding in places for 100 ap players.

And even we get much higher ap players grind in this kind of places because it profits.

Currently it's a "don't give anybody anything " Kind of game.

Currently developers are working towards a system that encourages pk
    What they don't think about is how many of low ap areas are covered by highly geared players.

In my opinion adding different level dungeons would be a better solution

Over geared players are already claiming whole map

6. Vanraven

Dungeons do not have to be instanced. Lineage 2 had open world dungeons.

7. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Sure, we can stop the bloodshed, but if you want a save progression, it should be slower. It's a simple risk vs reward scenario.

Also pls don't act like 220ap is a lot...you can have that after 2-3 weeks playing easily.

8. XkiviX

XkiviX Archer 61 EU

I am not acting like 220 AP is a lot.
    I'm saying a player who just joined and has the required ap to grind in those areas, will get constantly ambushed by players with much higher gear than him on a spot which have been designed with players with lower AP in mind.

People with higher gear do not try to look for a solution that could help players who are still joining the game.

For someone starting out 220 AP is a lot.

For people who study, work and are new 220 AP is a lot.

A lot of players above 220 ap still grind at 100 ap+ spots.

Adding dungeons is a good change.
    Having a dungeon and maybe bosses will add a change towards mindless same mob grinding.

Maybe some content which will require to cooperate wouldn't be so bad.

Adding new content that isn't already in game isn't always bad.

Looking beyond of what is now isn't a bad thing.
    There is always room for improvement, games change.

9. zeezero

I have no faith that they could build reasonable AI into dungeon mobs to make it worth it.

10. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Its not the AI, that's the problem with these guys, they keep regular mobs Dynasty warriors style on purpose I think, so its kinda like a 3d Diablo game..They can and have done it better then most tab targeting games, as shown with the gahaz elites, gate keepers, dark rift bosses, etc...They could literally just make a dungeon with groups of different reskinned rift bosses with the final boss being a new creation if they wanted. No this company goes out of its way to make things unrewarding, and frustrating, with a PTC/PTW solution.

The rewards will NOT be worth the massive effort to finish, they wont do it correct, as in cooperative play will prolly be punished, and it will be ruined with cashshop paywall mechanics...Not only that, dungeons just dont work without dmg numbers, and a dps chart, It could end up being each mob feels like the mutant ogre.

There is also not enough gear selection tailored to different class playstyles to render dungeons worthwhile.

So if they ever announce dungeons, those issues should be your guys primary concerns, during any sort of "Q&A" they pretend to listen too, otherwise it will just be another 10 GB, and pointless content they can advertise about the game to bring in more.

Vanraven likes this.
  11. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

I think you misunderstand the ap values on the map. Those are not the recommended ap but the bare minimum that someone should have so they can reliably kill stuff there...but that's still far off from what you need to grind there efficiently. Let's take desert nagas for example...recommended ap: 100, but with 100 ap you need like 5 skills to kill a single mob. Below 200ap that place is pretty meh.