1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Community is the reason we have Dead Content, atleast EU could make BDO great again! Lets do it!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Jannanomana, Oct 14, 2019.

1. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 62 EU

Cool edited post I must say.

Unfortunately BDO is simply solo based game where making a party is only good at miru and nodes/siege.

For example gyfin gives good exp but requires quite good dp and not big silver income. Horse races etc does give anything?

Why cant we have guild base rbf for example? Arena of arsha is so limited and bugged (constant DC for some players).
    BDO has lots of opportunity.

Also some of the good stuff is instance locked or poor reward for ones that help (kama scrolls, memory scrolls, rifts)

Seems like incoming ocean update will be for soloing aswel...

2. BloodLeshen

Yeah, its been a while since we've done this:

-we have done Guild Valencia part 1 runs which was actually fun.
    -We also took matchlocks and traps to the bridge between Media and Heidel and camped the hills outside then ambush every player that pass. Try that stuff. that was loads of fun. You aim you shoot them of the horse or the trap gets them then pvp. Best is you jump in the water below and they cant get you.

Xenon and Grehm like this.
  3. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

level 49 char ftw^^

BloodLeshen likes this.
  4. Armory

Don't blame the community !

It's not the community's fault, it's a gamedesign mistake that allow us to play alone in an MMORPG because there is almost no need to group up. Pearl Abyss initially made BDO that way so most in-game features are arranged to make us play often separated from each other.

Simply look at how WoW Classic is doing well with those oldschool features, players are bound together even at lvl 1 because they're forced to play in order to achieve things that cannot be done alone.

Pearl Abyss clearly has its own peculiar vision of an MMO and they are the ones to blame for the lack of social/multiplayer aspect in BDO. Only the creators have the power to change things, we only are the customers and clearly directed by how the game is designed whether this is against our philosophy and the way we want to play this game or not.

5. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

You are delusional, no one was doing guild trade quest because it did cost more than reward. Valtara training is not worth it since you get more xp on mirumoks next to it.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  6. DynamicZ

I think you see it from the wrong side...

The solution is so simple: They should invent some Group content which is worth doing it...
    We really need some dungeons / instances that give the players something special, they shouldnt be easy and they should be worth it.

Ofc every1 is grinding on the best money/h spot. Nearly every1 of us has a life and we dont have unlimited time... so we spent hour time in the most effective way to reach certain goals in that game...

People group up because its simply not worth it...

Bdo will loose more and more players because there is nothing in that game that keep players together.

U can see that ppl love group content if its worth it (we saw it on AoB event)...

We dont need to change our mind, we simply need group content which is worth it!
    Every other MMORPG has more exiting PvE content than BDO has.

With ArcheAge unchained we gonna loose even more ppl.

Wrapped In Plastic and Veight like this.
  7. Aelisah

What if the people that enjoy going for best silver value p/ hour - you're going to rip off the fun for them because youw ant to force group play /rest content on them.

no.

Let BDO be played in it's own way and people can choose whatever they want to do for fun. Either it be group content, 'dead' content or grinding best value silver p/hour.

What Pearl Abbys CAN change is bringing more of these contents to light - it's true a lot of people don't even know theres so much content in game untill it gets pointed out by someone. They could increase attention on these aspects & im sure more people would be playing it, not everyones a grinding zombie 24/7, but is it chill to do so sometimes, yea.

My guild is social, we do many random things that are soemtimes a waste of times, just for fun. And I'm sure many others do so as well..

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  8. noctred

noctred NA

Please stop.

The last thing BDO needs is a shitty fatigue system to force me to play the game less than I'd like to.

9. DafuqYouLookinAt

To say that the only issue is the community is a bit off the charts.
    I think we can truly blame both the company and the community here for obvious reasons for various things.
    The developers have a vision for their game and check off do's and don'ts but the player base is what makes the game. Without us, the game cannot thrive. It'd ultimately would just be chillin without anyone playing it. Whether there is criticism or praise, players have the power to shape a game but we do not have full control and that's usually how it is.
    It's a great game but if they want to stay in competition and near the top they need to open up more and change their business practices and treatment of towards the very people who fund their paychecks and fund their game.
    Change can be a good thing but it can also be bad depending on what it is. They really need to take in more inspiration from other games out there and see what they can do here. People play games for different reasons and with different play styles. You can't please everyone obviously but what they should always consider is consistently coming up with more/better ways to keep us engaged with one another.
    Lazily tossing out content and changes to game is not the way to do it. Lazily commenting on our complaints/frustrations and shooing away our suggestions to potentially shift the game towards improvements is not the way to do it.

[Just an example]
    Blade & Soul got a nice lil system with some group content, even Dungeons. I'd love more pvp content / group content tbh.
    B&S has pvp quests that require players to do various kill quests and contribution quests to level up their clan rank and earn achievements.

Point is, we need more engaging guild stuff, more buddy/friend benefits, more content that allows us to group together and engage with one another, tasteful events, etc. etc. I could go on but you feel where I'm going with this?

10. Andaro

Ambassador

We've actually had this discussion in the library quite a number of times and even CM Shirna from the console version hit the nail on the head pretty accurately in that there are quite a number of contents that players an hour version at least here in EUNA, seem to not play as much anymore because they're not as profitable as other content, but simply boosting their rewards in a Content does not necessarily make that content better or provide more incentive to play the content.

For example we look at Savage Rift..... For the most part people claim they don't want to do Savage Rift because it's not as profitable for the eighth time in mechanics involved as simply going out and doing some other type of content which involves less. You could simply increase the rewards in Savage Rift, but then as content and timelines progressed you're eventually going to come around full-circle and be met with the exact same problem where some new content might be more profitable than Savage Rift again, and you start back at ground zero.

It is my personal belief then each of these unique contents need their own unique rewards that you want and I think that the developers have also latched onto this concept and are thinking about this as well, as we have currently seen in the new ocean content update where you have a special coin shop that has various items that you can purchase for the new currency that is obtained from Ocean Trading.

I think that some similar methods could also be applied to some of the other contents that are less plate that might provide more traffic for those content.

Tldr, if the only typical reward that were after is silver per hour, then no matter what content is released or adjusted or improved, you were always going to endure this continuous cycle of new content fading out older content.

And I stand behind my stance that silver, the game's main currency, should not be the only reason that you perform activities.

Mana_Mafia, Xenon and Solitaire like this.
  11. Lefteye

Seems odd to request that people be forced to play a sandbox mmo the way you want them to. Isn’t the point of a sandbox that you can play it the way you want to? People who want to do things just for fun can do that. People who want to maximize their efficiency can do that as well. Can also mix and match based on what you’re in the mood for. Forcing people in certain directions isn’t the answer.

flukeSG2, Phoenixxx75 and noctred like this.
  12. Jannanomana

Jannanomana DarkKnight EU

did u even read my post? thats exactly what have to change. People should stop with their "not rewarding, not worth it" atittude. PLAY THE GAME FOR FUN! and not Reward!

even if Valtara training would be 0 rewards it still would be fun.

Again one of those guys with the "WORTH" argument. People have to do stuff even if its at ZERO rewards, cause then we are back there, what the good old mmo times where about. FUN.

People in WoW run the low level dungeonds too for FUN, even if the item they drop there after 10 hours of dungeon grind is useless in 3 levels.. they still do it.. Cause FUN.

then remove the progress overall, so that EVERYTHING you can do in BDO is "Worth" it.

Make a global AP cap for PVE and PVP so everyone is on the same level, like in Gw2, then everyone can enjoy the game, and people finally will get ride of those "i need ap" mind..

The worse thing about those AP mentality players is, they destroy not only their own game, they destroy the game experience for everyone else too!

It sounds hard, but in 2019 gamers, specially mmorpg-ers forget how to play games.

#32 Jannanomana, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2019
  13. Hypotermia

Above mentioned content is dead because its not worth of doing. If it was slightly worse than best method sure there would be ppl doing it but when difference is too much then no one wants to do them

14. Hypotermia

GW2 had equalized gear only in Arena. World vs World was still gear heavy.

If they removed progress in BDO i personally would quit game on that spot. Im not looking game where i can just do everything without effort. Im not looking game where my time spent in game means nothing.

If i want to play game where gear doesn't matter then i go to SC2, Apex, League or so. What i want from BDO is long journey of progression and not type of game like WoW where i can achieve everything related to gear in month or two and have killed all hardest bosses in latest patch.

15. Sandpit_

How is it the players fault that shite unprofitable content isn't played, that nobody attends events because they are worthless? ANY content, nomatter how boring or brilliant will be played if it's worth it, the fact that the game has so much dead content cold be very easily fixed by the devs just giving a damn. Players can't fix this, what are you smoking? The Devs have to fix it, and they could do this VERY easily.

flukeSG2, Veight and rSick like this.
  16. Lord_Xenon

I can make a TLDR out of this: As long as you can get an item via silver, most silver/h is META. Everything else is cancer and not 'worth' to even wasted devtime for it.

Veight and Factorial like this.
  17. Factorial

Pretty much this, though sadly.

18. Naho

That's what happen when ppl focus too much on reward instead of fun. Nowadays for the tryhard, reward 1st then we will see later for the fun. But then they leave the game before they even reach the fun part they were going for.

If it doesn't imply silver/h, they don't want it. Wait until they bring quest where you need to flag up and kill ppl and you get minimum 100 mil/h. Watch ppl jump zerg everyone they see on Arsha .

19. Veight

As a person that tries to min/max, To me, being rewarded is the fun part. Because I know that reward will turn my character stronger, which makes my pvp/pve more enjoyable. so Ya, maximizing silver/hr is fun and all the other little 'content' and 'minigames' like valtarra and AoB after the first one time clear rewards are useless.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  20. MinMaid

MinMaid Maehwa 1 NA

We need a permanent 100% drop for this game to be fun again.

Veight likes this.