1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Community is the reason we have Dead Content, atleast EU could make BDO great again! Lets do it!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WaifuJanna, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Columba

lol. Forcing players to do something or not do something is a really bad idea,

2. GuardianOfTyria

BDO doesn't have any rewarding content other than gear/leaderboard progression.

BDO doesn't have any content that is technically challenging, has replay value, and is easily accessible to the majority of the playerbase.

When 90-95% of the content in the game funnels players into the grind-enhance-move spots-grind loop you can't expect players to break that loop to try and satisfy their desire for group content......grinding is the game.

It is the job of the company to make content, it is the job of the playerbase to decide if that content is enjoyable. The content op suggested was forgotten because the Lions share of the playerbase found that it was not enjoyable as group content.....plain and simple.

I want group content that helps me to progress my character or sense of achievement....all of the examples either don't give a sense of achievement or character progression is done considerably better other ways and is actually accessable to me at my gear score.

Tommus and Factorial like this.
  3. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

We've had several conversations regarding what type of game we think this is, but can I just point out the contradiction I see here? First, I agree with your first paragraph on how Pearl Abyss pushes people away from group content and creates the "me versus everyone" environment and to drive them to the cash shop. I 100% wholeheartedly agree with that statement. It was their goal to create a game like that, it's also why we have open-world PvP to facilitate that "me versus everyone" environment.

So here is the contradiction I see, how could BDO possibly be a single-player game if it's "me versus everyone"? If it's a single-player game, there is no one else for you to versus. While you will mostly play alone for progression, other players are always present for you to versus, they purposefully created a game that pits you against everyone else, it is a competition.

All hail his holiness of the church of pearl abyss and kakao, praise be the developers, amen.

Bang up job responding to feedback that was given 3 years ago. They're realling keeping an ear open for problems. It's a good thing they communicate so well with us to know we've been heard.

Will the items in the special coin shop from Ocean Trading be sold on the market? If so, it's not solving the problem.

I don't see this as a problem they would be truly willing to change as they've monetized the in-game currency with real money. They've created the problem of making silver the biggest hurdle in progression, which is why it's prioritized over everything else. If they shifted the priority, it would mean less cash shop sales and less income.

Maybe no one thinks any of that garbage is fun. Ever stop to consider that?

#43 flukeSG2, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2019
    Mana_Mafia and Zycrus like this.
  4. Prochilles

What? People are "lazy" cause they don't want to spend time on trash content they don't care for? Or, are they "lazy" cause they don't use their time to fill content YOU want to play?

Any game/stream etc steers the direction of the community's attitude. The cancer that is the BDO community is largley due to uncaring devs etc that couldn't care less about the players, which has been apparent since release. The issues that continuely irratate players now are the same ones that players politely and thoroughly brought to devs attention way back when. This, combine with the lack of REAL content that is enjoyable by ALL participants, not just YOU, is the reason for this terrible community that spreads even through other mmorpgs.

This is also the reason I hate BDO players moving to the same mmorpgs I look towards playing. BDO has made an infectious cancer that doesnt need to be defended by anyone at this point.

Sincerely, has-been BDO white knight.

#45 Prochilles, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Xenon and flukeSG2 like this.
  5. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

It didn't start with BDO, cancer exists everywhere, it's our current culture in NA and EU. I am glad to see someone who was a self-declared BDO white knight sees the game through different eyes now. I've been through a similar catharsis with another MMO and I tend to look at them all with skepticism now.

6. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

I don't see anywhere in the post you quoted me making any opinion about devs, just stated a neutral fact, but ok thanks for trying.

In other words you admit they take player feedback into consideration rofl. It's sad to see a whole narrative falling apart.

7. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Yep, I'm sure they take a billion player bug reports weekly which is the obvious reason we get a billion bug fixes weekly too. I really hope you can detect the sarcasm there. Clown.

JM likes this.
  8. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

no the problem is the communty is brainwashed buy some nodewar guilds. back in 2016 no one gave a damn about AP, if you look at the old forums, the discussion topics on itself where completely different.

In the past:

• People show of their house and rate them
    • People where excited for every single event that come out and posted screenshots everywhere

• People made community driven events (Velia beach meating in CBT2, Heidel Ball Party, Mediah Launch Party,)
    • People explored the world together, helped each other
    • People didnt even asked for "what class is best"
    • People just play their game and had fun
    In the past on mediah launch for example the complete community explored together the new zone, not many streamed during that time, and even Random people form up groups so that they can clean sausans the hardest spot ingame (Soldier graves was "unknown" at this time) then a few days later the first persons found Soldier Graves no one could farm that zone, they where purple. For me the first purple mobs i ever saw ingame :)

Then Valencia launched again Random people without even asking in server chat they just invited everyone and explored the desert... I remember it took like 2 hours from Sand Grain Basar until we finaly reached fogans, cause we run in circles.

Nowdays:

You hardly find anyone ingame these with their original Founder Class or even the founder costume, people reroll all the time cause something is "better" not cause something is "more fun", people dont make content together.

When i compare the Drieghan/Sycraia launch with the valencia/mediah launch i was close to cry.
    • player Quantity
    • player groups
    decreased compared to the past.

Another example mysterious summer event.

In the past if i shouted in server chat that we make a nice beach party with screenshot i got like 20-30 whispers "i want to join too"
    Nowdays (Termian event 2019) i got 5 whispers....
    Cause people nowdays dont play for FUN anymore... (Maybe i have to sent value pack pearl gifts to the participiants, so then they are "Motivated" to leave their grind spot and join to have fun)

Black Desert Online a Sandbox MMORPG
    The Sandbox and Roleplay is missing in 2019

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  9. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

looks like you playing the wrong game then, with your attitude and mindset you would be better playing some Ego Shooters...

Black Desert Online is NOT a competive pvp oriented game nor an progress leaderboard arena game nor an esport game.

If you want to p̶l̶a̶y̶ job for progress, a Sandbox MMORPG is the wrong genre for you, you should consinder changeing your game. The Word "Worth" "Value" doesnt realy exist in an Sandbox MMORPG.

10. Carahil

Carahil Warrior 63 EU

mayber there are no people left who want to play that way
    i rather grind aakman for 20 hours straight than taking pictures on a virtual beach

11. noctred

noctred NA

It is if you want it to be.

Such is the reality you're overlooking.

Very pretentious of you.

I 100% promise you that class tier list and fotm threads were as prevalent in 2016 as they are today, on both these forums and on reddit. If you don't believe me, spend some time on Google. People exploring the world together is still a thing - I have several friends who are kinda new to the game and I regularly take time away from grinding to help them out, mess around, explore the ocean, or do whatever... you not seeing it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. RP channels, guilds, and communities still exist - not sure how active they are since it's not my scene but they do exist. All sorts of screenshots get posted all over various BDO discords I'm in.

People just played their game and had fun? What makes you think people aren't doing that today? That's exactly what I do in BDO. Are you trying to say that because my definition of fun doesn't match up with yours, I'm not having fun? Nice.

JM and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  12. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Did you ever think about that all the mentioned things like valtarra training are just zero fun at all? You need several people to gather there first(waiting + riding lots of fun). Then you kill the same ****ing mobs you kill every time without any challenge or change(super fun again) and finally you get a reward thats so lackluster you feel even more punished for having to endure this unfun ****.
    Why would you invest/endure boring gameplay elements, when they do not even reward you at all.
    People are grinding hystria for hundreds of hours, because of the compass being a ridiculous powerful item, not because it is the best spot for you class or the most fun to do. Same goes for the map.
    Tribute wagon? Really?
    Even before elephants this **** heavily favored ranged classes with lots of hits. Try it with a valk, no protected movement barely low-midranged spells. Try even hitting it without immediately getting downed my 20 meteors or nowadays getting overrung by 25 elephants.
    Gyfin grind? I can not believe this.
    You cried for months about how hard it is to reach level 62 and now you are saying you want to grind gyfin? What is different about mirumoks? Easier spots, no weird assfuck pulls with mobs spread so far, a terrible mob density and grind feeling overall.
    Savage Rift? Fun?????
    You essentially stay there brain afk just reload and shoot and autowin. No Fun, no rewards. Clunky as hell matchlock gameplay.
    Guild quests? You are free to do them however you like, you do not need a single other person in your guild to participate.
    Horse Races, aka the incarnation of either insane time investment in breeding(which is beyond reasonable) or hard p2w. Essentially the fastest horse wins, you are stuck to be on certain channels and areas. You also get no easy overview ingame as to where or when is a race for your horses tier. Together with the rewards its just not worth or fun enough doing it to begin with.
    If you want to paly a fun racer, go play mario kart, seriously.

Phoenixxx75 and flukeSG2 like this.
  13. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

So there's your answer then. No one thought those things were fun so they figured out they were playing the wrong game and left which is exactly why there is no one doing those things any longer. Good job.

It seems the words "worth" or "value" exist in Black Desert Online because Pearly Abyss has directly monetized the in-game currency with real-world currency. So your time, in fact, does have value...it's remarkably like a job.

Lastly, I think the leaderboards in-game would like to have a word with you about competition.

obamamicdrop.gif

JM and Kynreaa like this.
  14. Zycrus

Luxienna, Please. Can you finally stop that nonsense. You keep repeating the same fabricated fantasies of yours for months/years. It is so simple:
    - players naturally decreased after the first year of hype for a new mmo.
    - above mentioned content is not played for 2 reasons: not fun, not worth it (compare to rbf, more fun, not worth it, still played because it is fun for a lot of people, unlike trade guild quests....)
    - your definition of a sandbox mmo actually limits. Sandbox is meant to be free to do whatever you want
    - bdo after all is a mmo with 1 endgame goal: pvp/sieges/nodewars. All of its content is build around it (food/elixirs for combat buffs, level/skills, gear progression,...)
    - bdo is unique for its combat. The game should focus more on that strength (savage rift fails in that aspect. Shadow arena was kinda successful even though it was flawed because it utilized combat without being locked to your own gear)
    - class tierlists back then were far more dominant. In fact you had pretty much 2 classes for months: ranger and sorc. Now most classes are viable for everything, you got a lot more diversity (remember when everyone played dk? Or mystic? Or guilds with 80/100 wizards/witches?)
    - the only reason to play a game is for fun. If you don’t enjoy the game you look for another one. So I would assume that the people who play enjoy exactly what they are doing. Stop making wrong statements

Summary: stop spreading lies, nonsense, fantasies of yours. Start playing the game or change the game(a lot of people would open a bottle of champagne if you did) and stop complaining over reasons that are completely irrelevant. If anything, since we all know you won’t stop, try at least not to speak for/include everyone while only wording your own (very limited) opinion and knowledge

JM, Törni, Phoenixxx75 and 2 others like this.
  15. Asterotis

WHAT IF..

BDO had horizontal progression and content that gave the game a bit more longevity? :x

Akantorian likes this.
  16. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

OP is right. I'm here since release. Nuff said.

17. Akantorian

bUt BDo IS A sAnDbOX

18. WNxArcticwolf

- savage rift was fun but you need 7 people to start it I did them daily till the players dried up like a prune. But i also have noticed in the last few days people bearly speaking on NA valencia 4 and no one looking for a guild. Have even seen fewer guilds adverts too.

19. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Did you ever do guild trading mission ? Boring waiting for npc to refill (15 min wait after switching server before you can use trading npc). Not to mention wagons being slow. How is this fun ?

TIT/\N likes this.
  20. TIT/\N

The Tags for steam are Massively Multiplayer/MMORPG/Open-World
    Yes it does include "Black Desert Online is a sandbox, living-world MMORPG..." BUT my point is that its not advertised as a sandbox style game but merely has sandbox aspects as such it should be treated partly like one sandboxes should not require friends or you to make your own fun but some are more enjoyable due to friends. (More enjoyable meaning already enjoyable in its current state with your current hours gear etc...)
    My point here isn't to fight just to bring present others view point from my standpoint on the matter
    In my opinion no where does it say sandbox so players should have to look for fun as this can make ANY game feel fun
    Races are meh after you do a few even with friends they can be fun to do up till someone gets a horse faster than everyone else

Guild missions are guild missions exactly that they are there for players to do what they want if people enjoy trading then they have the option but This isn't making any more fun from the game half of trading is travel and travel in bdo can be VERY slow and boring

Gyfin/Mirumok/Navarn are all decent places for friends but the issue is that they dont come out with new locations for party grinders and it becomes stale after time even grinding in general for some people feels more like a chore than fun so more challenging slower to kill enemies might be a nice change of pace for most
    As for the reason i think party grind locations are nice is that they offer a grind area for groups and the ones we have currently are for various ap brackets making it a great option for new players to get into with friends once they get to the 180-220 range

Savage Rift is a Tower defense minigame that no one plays anymore because the rewards are out of date and the time consumed often makes it less viable to continue being on top or close to it if you waste time in Savage Rift

Valtarra My only issue with valtarra is that the drop rate for the belt is a bit low but thats understandable if there were more valtarra style challenges it might be better or various difficulties to allow new-less geared players to participate with friends of equal gear
    The solution to this could be to implement 5 different difficulties Beginner/Practice(160ap) Easy(220ap) Medium(260ap) Hard(280ap) Very-Hard(300ap)

The implementation of guild bosses are nice but i think the difficulty of the boss should scale on the number of players online in the guild to allow players to complete it even with a 10 player guild
    Overall the game does need more group content and content as a whole. The whole reason people focus on money per hour and ap is because they want a sense of progression and in a mmo you should want to progress and everyone should be able to get to the top with work but in the current system it takes a lot of time and energy to get there so whoever puts in the most hours at the highest silver per hour spots will get there and whoever takes advantage of players in market wins.

TLDR Yes we do need more group content and yes we do have group content currently but not nearly enough.People want silver to progress their statistics to have more fun and see how far they get.

#60 TIT/\N, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Törni likes this.