1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Community is the reason we have Dead Content, atleast EU could make BDO great again! Lets do it!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WaifuJanna, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

Actually, there is a lot of feedback, but most players turn it off because it's simply too jarring to deal with for hours on end and it interferes with the smoothness of combat anyway. There is bloodspray for hitting enemies, but you kill them so fast and are constantly moving, so you don't notice the blood on the ground or it spraying out of them.

Combat weight feels fine for me. It feels responsive, snappy, and fast, but I play a Ninja with more than decent frame rate, so yeah. Even with effects turned down, too. It might be a class vs class issue. I know the casters don't feel very good unless you have lots of screen shake and stuff. Having sound on is very imperative here, too.

As for Karanda, I think that's an issue of hp presentation and awakening gameplay changes dulling out PC hit feedback. Because of frontal guard and super armors minimizing the effect on your character, plus how HP is presented, that issue becomes obvious and glaring. Try fighting her without your fgs and super armors, then watch how she's constantly knocking you back/staggering you when you get hit. It gets tedious real quick.

But I will agree with you that there's definitely no real aggro management here, and how healing is basically relegated to one or two abilities from certain classes, and your pots. There used to be an aggro system in place, since Warrior and Valk have taunt skills, but I guess it got thrown out early in development and they just left the skills in. I wonder how well they work currently.

I also think the main problem with world bosses is they've become an issue of players just stacking on top of them, constantly casting skills, so it's hard to see anything. The game was definitely and originally designed for much smaller encounters than we have going now at WBs. That's the problem with popularity, and outgrowing your original vision. Not to mention the original staff that designed BDO are no longer working on the game.

Kittyberry likes this.
  2. Lord_Xenon

There are two core problems why this have no/hardly any group content: Broken AP scaling and backwards progression. While the first is somehow understandable, the latter not. I didn't encounter a game where 'previous' content is better than the comming one. It's like getting a new level and instead of fighting now higher level monsters, you go back 10 levels as the mobs are now way easier and profitable than fighting a bit longer the higher ones. This brings a problem to group content. When 1! person already OS or nearly OS mobs, for what are the other 1/2/whatever??? I mean the only thing they could do is 'farm' parallel but for that the loot need to be shared(aka 100 silver drop and everyone get 25 silver in a 4 man group) or they just kill mobs for no use for the other just to stay in a 1 minute cleared whole area. Without hardcaps on AP for zones(like 130-150 for Nagas or simply any 100 AP zones that would be group content then) it's nonsense to think about group content when one person alone can easily achieve OS ability which render the USE of a group to zero. And when you only implement shared loot, then it would become a leach party or just a 5 persons run around OS mobs in a 20km² area. But this is not what I call group/content.

3. zeezero

BDO has serious problems that forces mostly solo play. The group content is not great. There is no player trading and a controlled market place. And rewards are mostly gained by logging in or being afk.
    Also there is no end game content. Because it is basically an endless grind you just keep grinding. Other MMO's I have played, you hit max level, then the game basically opens up and you can do the side quests and work on your skill points or whatever. You just don't get to that point in this game ever.

4. Lord_Xenon

Sounds like a shitty game when it handicaps on lower levels to not prepare your char for higher ones???
    And it's not content when only 'endgame' have diversity.

5. zeezero

Sounds like every mmo i've ever played other than bdo. I've never played an endless grinder before, so endgame was always opened up at max level. Sandbox gameplay is what this is, but it has inherent issues. One being the endless grind makes you feel like you always have stuff to do instead of going and playing in the sandbox.

6. namnam030

namnam030 GottKoenig Valkyrie 62 EU

classic luxienna, a living meme xdddddd

Xenon and Nagasaki like this.
  7. Mirajane

i think most want content that is coop / worth grinding mobs together , sadly as far as it stands no matter how you look at it, you can make more money solo. this game does not reward you working together and node wars/ guild quests dont count .

8. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

I agree with this because I feel the same about Alter of Blood...I love doing it but can't find a group with the group finder and nobody else wants to actually play the game long enough to do it,they all want to get back to their afk activities

WaifuJanna likes this.
  9. Blunkx

I also agree with your opinion!
    I have the same problem in bdo..but content needs always a good reward and fun weight and this is the most issue..the most content is not fun or not rewarding.

10. Capitaine Courage

Well ask yourself why ...

Hint : Altar of Blood and most of all Savage Rift are bad (the fact that Rift was validated and had ressouces llocated to it still amazes me, but is a strong sign that nobody cares at PA)

11. Prochilles

Your backing arguments that aren't pertinent with evidence that doesn't actually support those arguments. The reason people and the forums were drastically different back then, is because the game was drastically different.

Node war guilds didnt have a hand in AP monkey builds, however individuals who tested the new meta ap changes and discovered no other stat mattered, shared the info and the playerbase responded. Everyone was contributing to game knowledge in these days, even myself.

BDO used to take time and effort to achieve gains so everyone focused on the best thing to do, this is also the reason so much content has failed and why they had to put such high rewards for any new content, like shadow Arena. So, it is only natural that the route(s) that were determined to be the most efficient would become main content.

As for new content, it's was always exciting but it is also always doa, as devs dont have enough game knowledge and fail to consider what is going to keep this new content active.

We can only be milked etc so long until people get mad and leave. Milk the playerbase is one thing, but ask us to put up with a broken trash game and spen money on it is another.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  12. Gretsia

90% of the above content its either done or really bad!!I will inform you just for 1 thing to understand that its NOT players problem.When shadow arena released people played A LOT this new mode and was fun as hell!!Mostly the party mode was amazing plaing with friends with decent rewards.But ofcourse after a point started producing really high values of income and mostly hard/sharps & mems.Prices of those items droped a lot and was obvious that artisans its not needed so much (at least not to the point that many people used to use them).

And what PA/Kakao done?Removed the mode!!
    With the cheap excuse of hackers etc etc (like there is no hackers in game mode).
    Like a program can outperform a massive company and they cant find solution!!
    Dude wake up and aceept 2 things that its a FACT.
    1)We need SERIOUS party content that its gona produce decent income/h plus to be fun & not valtara training (lmao 1 belt after many times compledted)
    2)Boss items like Kzarka its BETTER than Kalis & Bares.
    You better accept both of the above otherwishe you cant see the obvious...

flukeSG2 and Mirajane like this.