1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Current and Future State of Tamer and Why It Need's To Be Addressed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Molleh, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Rubydrag

Yeah because hitting one of the least played classes to make its already few players reroll (idk how since they removed coupons) makes so much sense. If they would want people to reroll, they would buff least played classes since more people would reroll to them instead of making their already little playerbase move to more popular classes... Start using some logic thx

Mathiasruller likes this.
  2. LeMiau

LeMiau Tamer 63 NA

fact. although until this nerf shenanigans is taken care of, I've drawn my coin purse to a close :<

Exactly. We were never a popular class to start with, and anyone who qq'd about dying to a tamer usually either walked into traps, ate an all around spinner etc etc... you get it.

I hope they rework tamer, kicking a class when it was already down just seems to strange.

3. Hijio

Hijio Shigaeki Tamer 63 EU

I totally agree !
    But I think the main issue with tamer balancing comes from the immense gap between tamer players' (we are very few) and non-tamer players' (and they are a loooot) opinion about the class. I think this is because tamer is a well unknown class

This comes from all three sides tho :

- a large amount of tamers are now very sarcatsic at each changes of the class (laughing at devs but also to defend against attacks from non-tamer players screaming everywhere that tamer is OP e.g the DK at the beginning of this thread which is a perfect exemple) which is everything but positive for both the community and will of the devs to make something good

- non-tamer players who, for the majority don't even try to understand how Heilang works, how to punish a tamer or how to avoid obvious long-to-apply cc's and thus cry because tamer is OP just looking at the 100% which is only used often in NW's since it (surprisingly) requires 100% of rage

- devs (this is only a speculation because of the lack of communication), who may be stuck because of this dilemma : make a minority happy while the majority will complain everywhere because tamer is """""""already OP""""""

This is, I think, what needs to be fixed before the class mechanics itself

4. Monkey D.

About first point. I must say that they've nerfed horror slam and practically all pre-awakening.. Nothing to add. If you are a tamer you will understand.

About second. I agree that ppl dunno how to play against tamers. Literally today one told me that tamer is. I-frame x900-grab and instakill. And if he is lucky and could reach us. tamer's pet will magically appear for stiff him. annoying that kind of declaration. They only relate about 1vs1 and tamer 100% goes brrrrrr. The only thing they know about tamer kit is that his tamer has the 170+ fs

About third, is as simple as practice the thing that they've promised. I'm pretty sure that I will kick before see this happening
    upload_2020-7-31_5-29-48.png

5. Hijio

(1) Well, maybe they did. But meming around that or being sarcastic won't really help reaching devs. We need strong basements, as objective as possible, to build some solid ladder to climb all the way to the summit of their super high tower they take decisions from

(2) and prob guru fishing w

(3) ikr. But maybe if bdo community was not taking everything for granted, they would probably do it faster. We also need to take in account they are human, and are also going through issues related to the pandemic. So if they just recently realized this was required, they probably didn't have the time to apply it. And also, the tamer issue doesn't require a simple balance with buffs/nerfs but an entire rework which is a complete different kettle of fish

6. Mahmoud TRoll

i hope this clears it up, the original post isn’t asking for more power. we just want to stay alive more to make use of our already kinda solid kit

7. LeMiau

LeMiau Tamer 63 NA

Still waiting on some hope for a tamer change or at least an address from PA on why Tamer got gibbled. :<

8. Hijio

Tamer got gibbled because despite its poor kit for large scale, she was on top of the kills/deaths ratio table because of her ult :<

Source : "A. When we looked at the data for the past couple of months, we found that the kill/death ratio was on the high side for Ranger, Wizard, Sorceress, Tamer, and Witch."

It was the answer to the first question in Heidel Ball Q&A pt.3 :/

If this is the only data they take in account to balance classes, we can hope to see a tamer buff in the future, since the ult got nerfed. Although I think our ratio will still be good, because the ult is still ok (just not op anymore) so the ult bomb gameplay will still be viable against many of the guilds that don't know how to counter it and tamer won't drop that much in kill/death table.

#108 Hijio, Aug 6, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  9. LeMiau

LeMiau Tamer 63 NA

I don't even mind that the ult got nerf'd, it was just BM to begin with, but I hope now with that leverage gone in NW they tune our kit appropriately then. It's still a disproportional amount of effort that we have to pump out to stay relevant. /saltyQQtamer

Molleh, Monkey D. and Hijio like this.
  10. LigtZ

So now that a new nerf has gone through on global lab removing float from intimidation, can we finally get a real buff this class or are the nerfs going to be the new standard?

Molleh likes this.
  11. Hijio

I personaly don't see it as a nerf

Tamer has more than enough floats, so you can replace intim one by something else : upward, garuda, grab, lbd, etc...

Instead, this is great since you can now use it as a damage filler without increasing the cc count mid-combo and use its downsmash to get 30% chance to extend your combo and thus kill tankier enemies. This is something sorc could do easily with her awakening since the cc reworks, and I'm glad we now can get a downsmash too

12. Karma555

Karma555 Tamer 63 NA

I just sighed looking at the proposed Global Lab changes for Tamer. Pearl Abyss, just delete the class from the game already. It's clear you guys don't take our feedback. You keep nerfing her so badly so people will stop playing it altogether.

Taking away float on intimidation?! What? Why not put downsmash on Surging Tide or Black Turtle?

Our FG and SA are worthless. Get 2-tapped in the air trying to cloud ride engage a Ranger. WW unreliable, get cc'ed on the approach from arrow spam.

No ranged skills whatsoever, small AoEs, and poor long-distance mobility means we HAVE to engage, or die.

Every class has bigger AoE skills they can spam or rotate. We are always taking the disadvantaged risk on the engage. GMs, CMs, and Devs, please take note - this is not the standard class complaint. You are really breaking the class completely.

But really, what's the point? When have they ever implemented feedback from the EU/NA Tamer community? I've been playing this game for almost four years and I've never seen a meaningful change...

It's over.

13. Lurien

Lurien Battleborn Tamer 62 EU

Since huge nerf in KR after Open Beta (I think 2015) tamer keep geting only nerfs, every time PA "it's top class in pvp, we must nerf it" meantime buff other classes. I have no idea where is OP, was before nerf, after it's garbage. Hashashin is more tamer than actual tamer.

14. Karma555

Karma555 Tamer 63 NA

I wonder if they're making these changes to her due to the console port. The dumbing down of her kit ruins everything that makes her special.

15. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Still , they didn't mention the removal of this float so... They may have messed up somewhere, but they could very well "solve" this problem by adding this removal in a later patch note!
    :D

16. Rubydrag

Ofc its a nerf. Its one of the most useful floats we have, the only one that we could actually use outside a combo to try and cc without a really heavy punishment chance and the best way to recc someone when youre misspositioned. And it would be way more useful after being able to quick slot it. **** the downsmash, its not even a garanteed cc, I don't want that on exchange of the float.

Molleh likes this.
  17. Hijio

Yeah, of course, they can

You're prob right
    But I was talking about my pov ("I personaly don't see it as a nerf")
    Me I don't like the animation of this skill, so I almost never use it, so I'm not nerfed. It's even a buff for my playstyle

I guess this is some kind of gameplay change and can be seen as a nerf for tamers who are used to use it a lot

Anyway, I'm as disappointed as you are by these changes that seem (I didn't test yet since I can't log in glab, so I can't tell for sure) insignificant compared to other classes that had so much more power even before those changes

18. LigtZ

With all due respect if they decide to revert the float nerf you should really look into using intimidation much more, its by far one of our best abilities currently and the only reason we are not a completely free kill when our grab is on cooldown versus any competent player.

The downsmash is the most useless thing they could have added to the ability since to use it you need to use a bad combo cause you are now not allowed to use the air attack on one of your hardest hitting skills intimidation... so yeah to say that majority of the tamer playerbase is massively let down is an understatement

Molleh likes this.
  19. Hijio

I know i should tho
    But I won't use it a lot. I just have a bad feeling with this skill, so I just use it when needed
    But I'm doing better prioritizing other engages/cc's

#119 Hijio, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  20. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Random, nobody Sorc main here, wishing Tamer gets the fixes she needs
    Untitled.jpg

lanzend, Rubydrag, Monkey D. and 5 others like this.