1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The death of dedicated Siege guilds

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by CookieNite, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Columba

To answer your question. I want siege to be more accessible to mass players. I think it makes the health of the game more sustainable. My experience if Dark Age of Camelot which made siege accessible for all, and it was the best game I ever played. Games where the end game caters only to the elite few don’t last imho.

Aelisah likes this.
  2. Icywave

This game's pvp is built 95% on gear and in siege it drops to probably 90% gear and meta classes / 10% leading ... I mean, you're playing the wrong large scale pvp endgame if you want it to be based on skill alone. It's just meta siege classes with gear being the major influencer on top of it.

Just stop trying to turn this game into a completely skill based game, it wasn't designed to be that way from the very beginning. It has never worked and won't work in the future.

Gear and meta classes in siege will always be king in this game so there isn't a way they could possibly implement a way to prioritize skill over gear, unless they equalize gear in siege warfare, but we all know the PvP community in this game would flip out because they rely on being carried by gear and not actually that great in skill based PvP

Skill prioritization , again, will never happen in this game.

Columba likes this.
  3. TeRRoRibleOne

Meta's matter more than gear just as a FYI. If you play a meta class your GS can be lower, just look at the pages of any of the siege guilds. It has always been that way. Just an example, a softcap witch because they have PA might be considered moreover than someone with 285 playing a maehwa as a result of the class imbalancing they did last year. It's been like that for a year. Right now the meta is ranged, so ranged classes are more worthwhile to have so if you play a melee class you better be damn good to get into a siege guild now. I know guilds have been turning down melee classes, especially the so called OP mystics, since melee classes get destroyed by range.

Rayin and Thelemna like this.
  4. reconkangas

Reflected....
    I'm done with the pretentious, arrogant, condescending people that think they run **** in BDO.

Too many years of top 5 guilds controlling everything to many Dbags flocking to these guilds for pay benefits and keeping down others.

I spent 2 and a half years scratching and clawing my way up the GS ladder. the last damn thing I would do is ever sign up with the same asshats that kept me from gaining anything becouse all there leaders wanted was the highest GS players regardless of there temperament and how the actions of these seige guild players reflected on the guilds name... to boot it was also encouraged for them to trash others.

I dont feel the least bit sorry and I could really give a ****. It stopped being a game for a lot of us that you people thought it was funny to wreck on a daily basis. Thought it was funny not allowing people to grind in good spots or on the pvp server.

It is not that the seige scene is dead or dying it is those of you that took advantage of the games mechanics or whales with CC or unlimited spending Or those few who had unbelievable RNG banned together early on and wiped anyone who may possibly become a threat.

Now you ask for ME to reflect?!?!?!?? Oh I reflected enough on every reason I had to stomp the everloveing crap out of anyone ESPECIALLY those in the seige guilds as soon as I had the GS to be able to defend myself with..
    Trust me your up and comming is just getting started the seige scene will be rebuilt out of the ashes of the fallen with new names, new guilds, new alliances no longer the ones of your specific choosing. No longer will the servers be decided who owns what by the top 5 and it was about time that you learned it.

Now the true competition's start, put up and risk getting pawned like the ones you people had your thumb on for years or quit..

Alicia Dominica and Columba like this.
  5. Zev

Zev Striker 61 NA

As someone who's been gone from the game for almost 2 years and just came back, this war hero system actually has me excited. More people doing sieges is better, and not having to be stuck in annoying guilds/communities just be part of one of the games best features is a major plus.

Only people that don't like this system are the people who actually now have to try and keep their castles. Instead of guild politics and paying other guilds off not to fight, while they rack up billions just sitting there doing nothing. Which was going on since sieges were introduced til before this new system.

Aelisah and Columba like this.
  6. T800

I see, so you enjoy spending 2 - 4 Hours on Saturday fighting for some guild that will have MAAAAASIVE payouts with their 35 man roster, once you win them a Castle with 65 Mercs?

Don't know whether they addressed this or not, but this sounds worse than before.

#146 T800, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  7. Columba

Yeah, why not?

8. Idhren

OP should have ask a random to post :D Too many people are focused on SOV and not on the subject.

Ask yourself this simple question: What is the point of beeing in a guild ? The issue is not about winning siege, sitting on payout, etc ...
    Payout ? Lulz, PA give us more money in attendance reward
    Buffs ? You only need fish & gathering.
    Castle Buff ? Only 2 are good, but it's the only good reason I see

It's better to be on a small guild with 10 actually
    It is a MMO right ? With PVP focus ? We players should look for being in a guild rather than being alone.

Hero system is a good thing for casual gamers who want to join the fight, and siege scene seems to be more active than ever since they set it up.
    But some "exploit" are wrong. 20 people should not be able to bring 60 heroes.
    Sure, we can adapt, and we will as always. It will be bad for the "beauty of game" but people will adapt.

If you set some limit, guild will have to choose wisely their heroes. Heroes will have to show a minimum of commitment.

If they don't set some limit, they should at least buff the reward of being in a guild. And I'm not talking about big guilds for castle siege. Don't forget Balenos & Serendia and look closely who fight there. Only guilds with at least 50% of heroes. Remember that someone won Balenos with 15 "real" players.

@TeRRoRibleOne OP (and I) doesn't want to remove completly the hero system, but just to balance it. Something like 10 or 20% of the guild member should be enough. (10 heroes for a 50man guild seems good enough)
    It won't impact you.

Back in the days, guilds were carried by militia. Now they are carried by heroes :')

#148 Idhren, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  9. Grottis

I feel like a parrot.
    There is not enough players to naturally have a healthy siege scene.

If you limit war heroes it will not be any competition for the few large scale guilds that have 100 geared players.

And it will be dead content for the ones interested in this content.

Limit guilds to 50 or whatever number of players and the ones interested in large scale will make 2 guilds and work together. (this happened in the beginning of the game so it will happen again).

10. Idhren

And it will happen if you limit the number of heroes. There is some guilds atm running with 50members and winning siege without many heroes (Millenium for exemple)

11. Grottis

So you claim that if we limit the number of war heroes the large scale guilds interested in 100vs100 man guilds will get a fight every Saturday.
    Because the now 20-30 man attending guilds will bring in 20% mercs.
    Say 40 ppl in guild. 8 mercs each, AND make a coalition with another similar guild to give the 100 man guild a fight where they are somewhat on equal numbers.

12. CookieNite

Also just to add to this, Sov and Enemy have been fighting almost every week on the same node for almost a year straight(Eastern border, everybody on EU remembers that).While Enemy was sitting in Mediah for 20+ weeks, Sov dropped Valencia 2 or 3 times to take them out, what did Enemy do back then? They went back to sitting.

T800 likes this.
  13. Idhren

I say guilds will ally up against the guild who can bring 100 people.
    What is the difference between having 2 guilds fighting 100vs100 and 3 guilds fighting 50+50vs100 ? Same amount of player but a lot more diversity (tactics, diplo, teamplay, ...)

I believe it will open some rooms for 40ppl guilds and it won't deny the 80+ either. Winwin scenario right ?

You said guild with 100 attendance won't have challenge, but it happened only for 1 guild: ENEMY, when their main opponent (SOV) was at the bottom and other 40+ man guilds didn't wanted to challenge them... It happened ONCE.
    If ENEMY wanted challenge, they had option imo. They just decided to stop mostly because of that, but not only because of that.

14. Grottis

I don't know. I haven't kept track of every region every week, what guilds that fought where, so I might be wrong when I remember that the siege scene was more dead than alive prior to these changes.

What I recall is that Calpheon was the only region something happened at.

Mediah and Valencia was mostly chop chop some snipe towers with an attack every couple of months from some overkill large alliance that lagged out every server known to man.

Anyone with some statistics that can provide knowledge would be nice to see actually.

15. Idhren

That was the case because of defensive militia yeah. This mechanics was broken.
    Heroes is basicaly the same for attackers now.

16. Ileara

not if the defenders can pull the numbers themself.

17. Grottis

Your claims is so far from my memory that I actually start to question my sanity.

Was the siege scene in castle regions that heavily contested before the militia?

Wasnt militia introduced because it was stale and the developers wanted to try something to get more people to attend siege?

Complaints came in and war heroes was introduced as a further development of that concept?

Thelemna likes this.
  18. Ileara

Militia was a trash mechanic, cuz the militia couldn't lose. Nobody wanted to play offensive and rather farm stormtroopers in defensive militia. PLUS we got the glorious 100% bombing meta, which was a perfect fit for the def militia suicides.

19. Idhren

Hero is better than militia, there is no doubt, but it's not great either. I don't remember if the scene was dead or alive before Militia, I was probably "too young".
    But again, we are now talking about winning/loosing/sitting.
    My concerns is about a colateral damage from the hero system: Guilds with 20man can win with 50+ heroes. Being in a guild is becoming a loss more than a gain. As a result, tactics become dumb & dumber.
    Today, you just have to ask Rend to come in your guild and done. You won.

Without Heroes, you can ask them to come. They will need to build, and the 20man "client" guild can be killed before Rend clean the battlefield.
    (I took Rend as example, but it works with many more: War, Yes, Sov, and top tier from others guilds)

My idea is to limit the number of heroes per guild, but maybe it's not the best solution, idk.

Very easy to do compare to just bring heroes :D

20. Ileara

Biggest problem with the hero system is in my opinion that any guild can cherrypick heroes, which would make a full hero guild absurdly strong by default. You have a larger number to chose from and so you can pick the high average while a siege guild with a fixed amount of players can not choose different ppl. Same happens when siege guilds drop in smallscale, they can potentially send a perfect comb which a smallscale guild can't.