1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The death of dedicated Siege guilds

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by CookieNite, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Idhren

I agree. It's a sideeffect.
    Heroes could register and be affected randomly to some guilds :D People won't like it I think :D

If you limit the number, people will have to choose their heroes. Biggest player won't be able to play together (no more guild inside a guild). Rend-like will have to fight each other ;). Guilds with 20+ man who want to play together will have to build and/or use the union system (if it works now, I don't know :s)

2. Ileara

Don't nerf the hero system, make it more attractive to be in a siege guild. Guilds with 20+ which are mostly the smallscale guilds just won't bother anymore with sieges.

3. People who are so against the hero system should really wonder why all these 580+ gs players are freelancing instead of being in siege guilds.

Siege guilds solely for the purpose of siege don’t offer more than a castle drop buff now.

It is better to play with your friends, regardless of their gear and even help bring them up, than to preen in a castle where you may get kicked any week because you decided dedication to your real life over the game is more important.

I’m wholly for the death of siege only guilds. Guilds for the social aspect still exist. The two are not dependent on each other.

makis, Rayin and Aelisah like this.
  4. 920

920 Ninetwenty Tamer 62 EU

So your main problem was the fact that you lacked the gear to join/fight the top people, which caused you to be butthurt about normal requirements set by the elite?

And now that you do have the gear to do it you will do it to the ones that are below you just as well. So they should just suck it up and and get good? Thats what you should do and should have done.

". No longer will the servers be decided who owns what by the top 5 and it was about time that you learned it."

this will always happen, this game is a MMORPG not a daycare for carebears like you. the fact that now you have the option of participating into this content with no responsability and the fact that you are so eager to get back at the people who just played the game is so so sad.

Why dont you just say, HA, screw you other players, now its my time because i have the gear and i can be part of the zerg to bring you down.

And then because of that, you're nothing but the next guy who will causes the guys below him to complain because you dont understand one basic thing.

This is a competition and inevitably the strong will always have power over the weak. The top geared/skilled players will always take the spots/resources from the others because they too want to keep playing the game and progressing. The grind NEVER ENDS, this is not your reach endgame content game in 2 months then afk.
    You're in the wrong game kid, and its time you grow up and start looking at things objectively. The purpose of this thread is to find balance and to give everyone what they want.
    Some players prefer not to tie themselves with guilds and this hero system gives them the chance to participate in content and have 0 responsability. And some players prefer to be a part of a community. And both of these are fine. But bashing on people who prefer to be parts of communities because you got your ass handed to you is way too sad.

5. Idhren

Yeah, that would work too

Let me correct you, if I may: A lot of smallscale guild don't want to bother with the complexity of being a siege guild.
    It'(s easier as **** to just join as 20+ heroes

Aelisah likes this.
  6. Should also empasize as was mentioned earlier in the thread that the war hero system allows players to participate in siege on non siege desirable classes.

All those players that got kicked or dropped from siege guilds because they didn’t coupon over to meta classes for the good of the guild are now back on the offensive having fun.

Aelisah likes this.
  7. reconkangas

There was a point about a year and a half ago that I was saying what you wrote as well as my other comments posted in this thread.

I was lambasted in these forums mostly by the same seige guild players and those with a much higher GS than myself. It is funny how times have changed as well as everyone's perception of these guilds..

I am guessing alot of these folks here have been affected by these asshats in some way and are pretty much thrashing the guy that started this thread and the entire thread is getting pretty much the same thing VERY NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.

This thread is extremely triggering I didnt realize myself how pissed off I was until I started writing.

For me I would rather die in my guild with my friends and have fun than ever get stuck in a worthless ass guild that only cares about one thing themselves.

Aelisah likes this.
  8. Ileara

That is wrong, for those guilds smallscale is the more enjoyable content. They're not "bothering with the complexity of being a siege guild." cuz they rather not be a siege guild, for the scale and not for the work.

9. Idhren

So it's a winwin for them. No counterpart.
    A siege guild have to work hard to particpate and/or win a siege.
    A smallscale just have to join or invite people when they want and get carried ;)

10. Ileara

Smallscale is the Chad-scale.

11. Rayin

You won't see any real competition nor efforts put in, as long the progression in PvP is so vertical. And guess what? many people are fine with vertical progression, PA it's fine with vertical progression as it caters money.

Talking about revitalizing the Siege scene in the era where BDO for PC became a mobile game with BP points (Battle power for who doesn't know, GS translated for BDO) is just funny.
    When Siege videos came in EU/NA, in KR they still had the +15 era. We didn't see the current one shot festival, it was engaging to see.

If you want a more competitive Siege/NW scene, ask for capped tiers (if you reach a certain cap your stats won't matter too much), reduce the number of Mercenaries deployable for guild and make visible Rankings for all, so people can also see what are the most effective class in Mass PvP and PA can balance accordingly.
    Human Damage should simply affect PvE, as no other race is playable and it basically negate any effective restriction. Villa Buffs and Foods that give X amount of AP/DP/DR/EVA/ACC should be usable only in OwPvX, not in those modes.

There's only one good point in this thread which i underlined earlier, basically "Guilds are losing their identities" with the mercenary system.
    If you want to change the situation, ask for radical Siege/NW changes, so people will be more eager to partecipate in those activities with their whole Guild, vertical progression won't be denied - but instead organized in tiers only for NW/Sieges, it'll still affect the rest of World - and PA will gather more accurate datas about the effectivity of classes in Mass PvP.

Else let's just pretend that until now the Siege scene was engaging even if it wasn't. Last time i was hyped to see or hear about Sieges fights (in EU) was back then when we had guilds such as Addicted, Sovereign, Enemy, Harmony, Ember, Morghulis.
    The Politics between those guilds was fun to see, but it wasn't just politics, even if shortly.
    Then with Renown and even prior to that with all those new classes that ruined the balance in the Siege scene, it became a clown fiesta where everyone was afraid to fight and lose to X or Y guild as they had some pride to defend.

Where's the pride now that the geargap is so huge and everyone wants to sit in billions? it's fine, PA allowed it for a long time and it's still allowing gating the gear-gap through money or an insane amount of time/silvers/luck.

Keep apologizing this thing and you'll see Podcast commenting AFK Fishermans in the major Towns and how fast they can pull out of the water a fish.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  12. Grottis

And this is what I have been trying to say. It has opened up for the large scale guilds to get what they want. Large scale battles.
    (Still waiting for if someone has statistics on the activity on sieges in the past, since I might be wrong when I am assuming it has been "dead content").
    I still haven't gotten any indication that it is something else they are looking for so I still assume that the reason behind building and being in a siegeguild is to attend sieges because you enjoy that content.
    Grow stronger as a large scale guild, improve on your flaws, and do it better next time.

Maybe if you get zerged you have to improve your politics towards the small scale guilds so they don't ally up against you?
    Could it be that you have bullied them in the past that makes them zerg you now?
    Or are some of your members too cocky?
    I don't know, but reading this thread might give you some insight.

For small scale guilds it could be a fun thing to do, fool around a Saturday night. And it gives the guilds that want to focus on large scale battles something to fight against. Even tho the "alliance" formed with war heroes have bad tactics and bad teamplay, since they haven't put in any work at all into practicing with each other. Maybe they had a 30 minute meeting prior to the war what their plan was.

The small scale guilds are focusing on their goals that is to grow stronger as a small scale guild. (this is also time consuming for all these veteran elite players that think only large scale guilds takes time). Imagine when you have to build Tier10 elephants as 25 players compared to 100 players for instance. Same applies to everything, every member has to put in more work than in a large scale guild.
    It has nothing to do with being lazy or not dedicated enough.

Different goals.

13. Ileara

That would imply that siege guild build elephants, in largescale you crash them against gates/walls/forts/flame towers or let them pre engage into 100ppl. They don't even notice their elephants being dead or alive. In smallscale getting the enemy fort on 50% without much effort is huge, also you notice the stomps more since they can cc their entire blob.

14. TeRRoRibleOne

I actually don't agree with you on this. Even though I'm 284/286/317, I play a non-meta class for NA with maehwa. Do I front page when I merc? Yes. But if you limit the merc system you then make the guild have a choice, go with the meta or people who know wtf they're doing. 9 times out of 10 they will go with the meta so for NA they will only look mainly at witchards because of Protected Area, archers because they are dumbly broken from range, and zerkers because that 30 or so seconds their skills are up they do work. Every other class will be looked at after that. Quite honestly, I wouldn't even look at a maehwa for siege if I had to choose 10 based on the known nerfs to the class. Most people don't realize how much more work this class has to do to get kills in siege these days because it doesn't have any true identity. But nonetheless that is going to happen. I've even been told this by three different GM's of siege guilds. I personally haven't even bothered applying to any guilds since I left Vertex as one of my reasons why I'm still guildless besides the ones I already listed in this thread. No siege guild wants non-meta classes.

Actually they can. They can make people put themselves on vacation and choose from the hero pool, it's happened already with some guilds.

If you randomize it, you essentially just did the same mechanic as militia. The problem with militia is people wouldn't show up and just take spots, same would happen with that. This would also allow people to mess with bases if they are randomly put to a guild they don't like.

Thelemna likes this.
  15. davidiven

I know it's harder to get a merc spot as a non-meta class if we limit the amount of merc in a guild but you are just exaggerating rn, there are still maehwas in siege guilds, snake has maehwas even though they arent top fraggers, if you can top frag like you said, people will take you over an idiot playing witch/wizard.

#175 davidiven, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  16. Idhren

You are right and wrong.
    1rst people who will be pick will be those 600+GS (former NME, Rend, etc ...). But after that pool, I highly doubt guild leader will pick people they don't know and/or don't trust.
    They will probably go for people they trust more than people they don't know at all.
    You said Maewha is not a meta class .... Don't you think a guild leader will pick a hight gs Maewha who can communicate, give information, follow their call, play her role ... Instead of a random guy who will just try to be top kill even if some of his engage will be useless as **** ?
    I don't know in NA and for every guild, but goods Maewha who can play their flank/scout role is pretty ****ing rare and far more important than a shitty zerk who will try to ult and kill noone. (or a wizz who will go in like a tard on 3 ninja)

As @davidiven said, you are exagerating yeah.

17. Ileara

Make siege attractive again and being in a largescale guild outside of siege.
    5 weeks castle streak? reduce it to 2, 25% increase per week. also reduce the taxes on payouts for a castle owner so they can do higher payouts.
    Or make payout fixed: 1st week 500m, 2nd week 1bil, 3rd week 1,5bil + auto uncontested.
    Outsides of sieges? mby buff guild quests so they give enhancing mats or make guild buffs scale with size. like 5% buff > 50%, 20% lootbuff etc.

also make region owners be able to place on t4 nodes, would even enable to have smallscale groups within siege guilds and they don't die of boredom.

Idhren likes this.
  18. Ileara

Also since we got attention in this thread: quickly fix sieges...
    Here are a few points that could improve the siege feeling:
    • Make the first gate more tanky so you can hold while with it being down or even make it repairable. Nice castle where the gate is useless.

• Put the entire time bonus on 1st gate and give 2nd gate the castle spawn (outer gate spawn or even outside the castle)
      the inner spawn encourages bodythrowing the tent, doesnt matter if you're nr.1 guild if ppl just "V" through and hit the tent once.

• Make cannons placeable inside the castle for the defenders, why do they have to wheel the cannons in.

• Bring Medkits back, winning an engage loses their value if you can't make anything with the win.

• pls remove bsr from pvp, mby let the selfbuff in, but why should a single guy be able to kill 10ppl and make an engage for that guild impossible. Enemy losing to Resi 1v1 btw.

• reduce the bodyblock so ppl can actually make it inside a castle, make skill hitboxes larger to make up for it.

• remove vacuums or at least turn them into a single pull so you don't get stuck in them. Mystic vacuum? **** that, put the pull on the last hit so they can't just engage and trap entire groups.

• make it possible to assign officers to guild skills ctg, hp, heal. it's fun for any gm to sit in their base cuz otherwise he's afraid of a ctg.

forgot the rest, mby i add sum bad suggestions later.

• Give region owners like 10 merc slots, i'm tired of hearing "this 1v1 doesn't count we had bad attendance" hint hint enemy/sov

• Make Mediah the entire Tier1 scene including the siege. You can only participate with a Tier1 node and have the gear cap. Mediah gets removed anyway for the Calph vs Valencia.

#178 Ileara, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  19. TeRRoRibleOne

NA guilds mute all mercs so communication is null for them.

The only one left is Nude and he's been there over a year ever since ManUp was killed. Vert rerolled to ninja.

20. Ileara

This dying down so fast shows how much ppl actually care.

Idhren likes this.