1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Definitive Guide to the Archaeologist's Map

Discussion in 'Guides' started by PeregrineOmega, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Roxylina

Thanks for the feedback. I will continue forth.

Maybe there is a special prize for 5 devourer pieces! /s

Kismet likes this.
  2. SingedKitty

Anyone know if the return travel works if you're in the Margoria or Ross Sea?

3. Roxylina

I finally got it last night! Took 130 hrs for last piece. Thanks again for the great guide. Also to answer the question above it does return you to the Ross sea.

Zev and Kismet like this.
  4. Kismet

Kismet Wizard 62 EU

Nice!!

Zev likes this.
  5. Dringe

You guys that got the map pieces, did you use kama blessing or other drop rate buffs?
    Rare items like these make me really wish we got daily loot scrolls like in korea, otherwise it feels like a waste to use them in a spot like sulfur.

6. Kargor

Got the last piece today after more than 100 hours of Pila Ku grinding. Arsha channel is the way to go to farm the pieces.

7. MDSurgtjn

Hey! Is it working with Command to Gather (guild spell)? For ex: you fishing at the some sea and after inventory feeling you using this map (its will tp you to the nearest town). After that your guild leader using spell and call you. May you retern to your prev place after it (into the sea)? (sorry for my english).

8. Janus

YEEHA. I completed my map today.
    Took me somewhere around 400-500 hours total time of which 50% were for the last part (Sordid Deportees at Pila). Used about 20 loot scrolls total and one of the sulfur pieces actually dropped while loot scroll was active. Probably last 100-150 hours I was on Arsha. Sordid Deportees are most abundant in the rotation close to the 2nd entrance (where no NPC is) - note that you can jump down the ledge to basically land on top of 2 more Sordids.
    Good luck to everybody still grinding for it. I will now try to figure out the best use for it - Margoria fishing seems to not justify the rarity / effort...

9. Zaquisha

Hey!
    Can someone tell me who has finisehd the map , if afterwards there still dropping map-pieces?

ty

10. HatoriHanzoR

Hello, I would like you to help me, I was able to drop this item twice on the same map, but at no time in the chat did you show how your got "item" defeat monster "xx", as shown in the image only show got = Obtained , could someone help me by sending email rodrigo.fx@hotmail.com or post here as is the configuration of the chat
    http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img922/2636/Mv9hIz.jpg

11. Janus

@HatoriHanzoR I am not 100% sure but I think you need to have in own of your chatwindows the filter set to include under "system" both "general" as well as "private item"

12. Dringe

If you're not sure keep one of it in your inventory, put the other one in storage and submit a ticket to ask which mobs are they from, a GM should be able to tell you.

13. Dringe

Has anyone manage to get a map piece in the recent days? Trying to grind out something after a break but neither Pila Ku ones dropped yet for me.

14. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

yes I can confirm they drop, today I decided to go for the map and after two hours of intense grinding I got my first piece from an iron fist warden

15. Dringe

Yeah, the game gave me a confirmation a day after too when it dropped the piece I need, lol.
    Now I need help identifying the pieces, waiting for a GM reply to my ticket.

16. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

Started grinding Sulfur at 59.30% with my main Sorc.
    About 204 196 220 with nouver.
    About +15ap from crystals, +13 energizing cron, +6 from Spirit destruction stone and always being under the effect of E buff and BSR.
    Grinding became way easier there after i hitted 60 and got last violation skill.
    In my early expeditions there, while figuring out rotations etc i was only killing tukars and Devourers, something that i kept doing because i was always killing slower than mobs were respawning. Xp is mediocre. Sp seems ok.

Non Arsha server. Level 5 Sulfur works node.S Tukar and Devouter. 7% drop from ecology. No Kama tree or drop scrolls or gm blessings.
    About 50hs for the first drop from Tukar.

Devourer piece droped after at least another 70hs.
    Non Arsha server. Level 10 node. S knowledge. 7% drop from ecology. No kama or gm blessings
    204 206 250 with kutum
    Was at 60.83% when i got it.

There is a rotation rich in devourers.
    The moment you enter the rotation shown in the vid here turn right.
    Keep going straight and going left on circles.
    At some point you ll meet a one way corridor that has a lot of devourers.
    Keep going straight.
    At the end of the corridor starts the devourer rich location. Go left and start killing till you figure out the proper rotation for you.

Off to pila ku jail.

Got the first piece from the Deportees after ~150hs.
    231/245/285 61lvl.
    Node level 10 + Kama Blessing this time.

Got the second from the Warders 10hs later.

Rotations:
    The main rotation on the left entrance i dont like.
    I went for the main rotation on the right entrance and i did not even bother to clear the full room.
    Kill the deportees before the first steps, go straight killing the warders. Turn right going straight for the 4 deportees and move inside the room to kill another deportee. Get out of the room, up the small stairs and kill the 2 warders left and right. Go to the start and repeat. ~2.2k trash clearing this on respawn.

If you are lucky enough to get the Deportee drop first, go to the left entrance.
    Enter and keep going left. When you cant go any more left, go right.
    Keep going untill you see 2 connected circular rooms where only warders spawn.
    Money wise this is a better spot than both main rotations in both entrances. Clearing ~3.7k/h on respawn.

Dobbie is free.
    Godspeed.

#76 Angar, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Zev likes this.
  17. Ninjago

As far as I recalled, we used to be able to read from chat window which particular mob dropped specific item. The first piece I found was dropped by Sulfur’s Devourer. However, on the 2nd piece, it happened to drop when I killed both a Tukar and a Devourer and nothing was mentioned in my chat window. So I took a few screenshot and sent a ticket to ask for help from a GM. It took a few days and the GM apologized for UNABLE to help me. He said it’s a challenging mystery that is up to every Adventurer effort to solve them by themselves. (I still have the screenshot and the letter from the GM).

A fellow guildie who had successfully obtained the map suggested to party up with a friend (who can be in remote place not at your grinding area). And because of that, he could check with his friend’s party chat window which will indicate which mob the map piece dropped from.

As for me...I have given up for now grinding to get the map pieces... I lost the drive and motivation after spending more than 10 months in sulfur and getting only 2 pieces. However, congratulations to all those who had found the pieces by sticking to their guts and determination to achieve them!

Stillwaters likes this.
  18. RoraMohan

Hey fellow map hunters ! I decided to start grind those map parts and i saw something in knowledge : you have 4 knowledge entry for the map pieces so did you guys get the knowledge when you get a map piece ? because if yes you can then watch anytime if u ever drop the 4 pieces in your knowledge to be sure you dont get fooled by a duplicate right ?

19. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

20. Dringe

I believe the way it works is once you convert the unknown piece to Archaeologist's Map Piece using the new system that's when you get the knowledge.
    Sucks for people that already have the map, hopefully they come up with a way to get the knowledge for us.