1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The downside of the new events

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by NVG, May 3, 2018.

1. NVG

NVG

So the downside of these new events is that the softcap is being pushed up too fast and veterans sitting on 20b+ silver can have more attempts at PEN accessories, since the prices of most items are close to garbage.

Are the events ever going to stop? Summer is close and the termian park will be opened and again new events. Probably price of evasion accessories will become 1m/piece and "2nd best in slot" yellow accessories will end up costing less than 10mil/ piece (Serap, Basi, Sicil).

This just ruins the experience of players who worked hard to get their accessories to a decent level. This basically affects all the players who are not sitting on tons of silver or who are not new players.

Why do they keep doing this?

2. Ljungen

My guess is: They want to push the playerbase to go above softcap in enhancing.

3. Isteria

Because the old players dont spend as much money as they used to while they can still milk the new ones.

4. itzBT

pretty sure a lot of them left already lol

YajStylez likes this.
  5. Alextrazsa

Alextrazsa Sorceress EU

I "work hard" 10 hours during the day, to earn money, for food, children, wife (:D) and daily needs.

Define working hard in bdo, afk processing? No life grinding for 10 hours? Guild payouts?

6. RealXared

RealXared Witch 61 EU

Sicil's Necklace and Serap's Necklace are not "2nd best in slot" accessories, rather 3rd and 4th.
    Basilisk's Belt is still a "2nd best in slot" accessory indeed, however the price of Basilisk's Belt has been increasing for months now, despite of the events. Tungrad Belt offers just 1 more AP, so Basilisk's Belt is still an item that many consider "the best in slot", hence the price increase.
    PRI and DUO accessories are also dropping now, so they have a part in "ruining the experience of players", and Accessory Seals are also dropping (I forgot their name). These are permanent things, not events (afaik, so correct me if I'm wrong).

PA's (and Kakao's) intention is to close the gap between casual players and harcore players (or at least to let them catch up). What they are doing is a quite good way to help late-comers to get closer to the top players, however, they would barely reach them (and that's not the goal anyway), so what they are doing is healthy for the playerbase imo. Also, top geared players are not running PEN accessories, so this also helps them to evolve their gear.

I totally agree with PA's/Kakao's event policy.

Asurathia likes this.
  7. itzBT

Dude BDO is for no lifers, dont mess with their hard earned virtual stuff. Either you have no job and become a god in bdo or you are a sugar daddy carried. Your hard work in real life means nothing to them xD.

Pook600 and Fearless V like this.
  8. SavageDragon

so what is 2nd if not Serap's. Laytenns doesn't count cause exact same as Ogre.

9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

basilisk is 3rd, i think valtara and tungrad are better, no? :D

10. WhySoSeeryus

Tungrad >Ogre/Layten>Serap - ap accessories

11. NVG

NVG

What would be that then? TET BOSS ARMOR/WEAPONS and TET BIS ACCESSORIES?

12. WhySoSeeryus

softcap is considered to be tet boss armors and tri bis jewlery for your build. (whereas if you use blue jewlery, then tet)

13. NVG

NVG

So now it should be some PEN boss gear and some TET BIS jewelry. I saw many players already having TET crescent rings and 1-2 PEN boss gear.

14. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Pushed where? You think everyone success at enchanting? Look at chat and see how much Fail/Success ratio are in game.

15. RealXared

RealXared Witch 61 EU

if you consider that valtarra gives HP with each enchantment level, then yes, basilisk is 3rd. AP/accuracy-wise Valtarra and Basilisk provide the same stats.

16. Ljungen

What WhySoSeeryus said.

17. Ljungen

A very low number of players are sitting on multiple PENs and TET jewelry.

18. Escapism

ah good to know that for tree spirit belt, rce and witch earrings its now TET for softcap, no longer TRI.

Thats the weird thing with these community-made-up terms and definitions, you never know when they suddenly change again, even for something that should by definition be a static, but i always enjoy learning new things and staying up to date.

19. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Meh people whine about gear gap then they whine even louder when game makers make catchups to reduce said gear gap. Sigh.

RealXared likes this.
  20. Eynix

I'm genuinely baffled by the community, I feel like it's been whining from day 1 and never stopped since then. I mean, the game isn't perfect but just...

Pook600 likes this.