1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The downside of the new events

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by NVG, May 3, 2018.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

well, thing is, some are good at tri, but for gearscore and ap purposes tet witch is equal to tri tungrad earring.

Smileybones likes this.
  2. zhagsten

I can feel the TET Shrine Guardian Token coming, this event feels so good! I'm gonna be baseball cap in no time. Tremble, ye who enters RBF!

Amazebals likes this.
  3. Ioci

If they really wanted people to enchant they wouldn't regress fails. Most people don't enchant, not because they might fail a Tet attempt but because they could and usually do end up with a Duo where they had a Tri. It's why all my Accessories are still Pri.

4. Ljungen

Do not enhance main gear, enhance backup gear.

5. Alicia Dominica

There, someone had to say it. Makes me cringe each time someone refers to grinding and hitting the rng-button as "hard work".

Exception and Fearless V like this.
  6. Coeprandua

The downside of the new events is that they force you to run the game for 5 hours every day. Now, if you are a retarded kid, whose only concern in life is maximizing his BDO efficiency, this is not a problem, but for most normal people with families this is not natural. This game promotes a very unhealthy lifestyle and I hope to God these two predatory companies will pay very dearly for it.

Amazebals likes this.
  7. Eynix

Did you fail to notice that the game very strongly encourage you to let the game run 24/24, even without this event ?

#27 Eynix, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
  8. Coeprandua

Nice is earned. I will never be nice to your kind.

9. Eynix

We're litteraly the same kind tho. Litteraly.

10. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Mystic 58 NA

They won't at all. Worst case situation. NA/EU version of this game goes into the red. They shut this version down to maintain profits earned. And push even more focus to other regions that are doing well. And just pocket all the money they've made from the NA/EU version.

There is basically no downside for them at this point. Nor is there a major will or need for them to add quality to this game. They've already won, you just haven't realized it yet.

This is why such business models are so successful. Because they earn these businesses quick money in the shortest amount of time. While at the same time they don't have to put much care or effort behind their product. Because they didn't invest much into it to begin with.

~begins rant~
    Again Western devs and pubs normally build their products for, steady long term high yield profits. While Eastern devs and pubs normally build their products for, short term burst earning with short life time expectancy, than they forget about title and launch another one. Kinda like small ordinance fire and forget rockets vs a high ordinance long range cruise missile.
    ~ends rant~

11. Coeprandua

I know what cashgrab means. It does feel like they trashed this game the minute they started working on BDO mobile. Mobile games are cheaper, easier to maintain, and bigger profits. It suits this company very well to go to mobile development as their new focus. What I didn't expect was for them to so blatantly abandon their "main" game. I wonder if this is temporary, but I'm not really holding my breath anymore. I will never trust this company ever again.

12. Coeprandua

"Litteraly" as in suggesting we are both trash in that way? I guess, yeah, addicts tend to be trash in real life.

13. Eynix

Nop, the litteral sence of the word. From the same speccies. Brothers and cousins. You're the only one being offensive there. I even edited my first message right after I posted it, because there's already enought negativity in here. But I guess "turn the other cheek" isn't for everyone right. Have a good one.

14. Coeprandua

Ok. I figured that was a play on words as it is pretty obviously misspelled. Anyways, these are the kind of people that keep kicking you and exploiting you if you just continue to turn the other cheek.

15. Eynix

--such empty--

(delete comment, when ?)

16. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

Thats kind of the point they want players pushing into the higher gear scores... You dont seem to understand how mmo's and progression works. You work hard to be the top 1% for a few months then they lower the requirements and everyone else that couldn't do it catches up. Sorry you cant be a special snowflake forever.

It's the same with leveling. Back when the game launched getting to 52 was like getting to 62 now. Then the cap moved again and again and again. And now you can get to level 60 in a week or 2.

people pushing 63 and stuff and grinding non stop for months.... they will have all that work trivialized eventually.

Also there is RNG involved. Just because you make more silver doesn't mean you auto-magically will be softcap in a week. There is also the part where getting hards and sharps is still rather involved. I get about 70 a week of each and can blow them in one sitting an not make any progress. Mostly thanks to DUO being harder than TET chance wise.

17. NVG

NVG

The problem is that the transition is too fast, too sudden. One day I go above softcap and then an event appears pushing the softcap to my gear level. It feels that my progress was for nothing.