1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The End of BDO is near. Cron stone patch

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by IRustyI, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Aikatears

Aikatears Tearslight Ranger 49 NA

You will be able to craft the stones...craft them with simple alchemy

2. LogicaI

United Kingdom
    Country in Europe
    good satire ;)

But have you tried my BF goodrich new laytire?

zhagsten likes this.
  3. ambyentlight

bdo 2.0 is comeing out in late 2019 eairly 2020 and this is away of makeing it so players get bored and eventually ease off and quit right when the new and amazeing bdo 2.0 is announced, when bdo 2.0 comes out they will simply shut down bdo 1 servers.

4. NiTianErXing

Couldn't agree more. all this did was lower my faith in humanity. And yeah I hope youre wrong, but I'm not worried. you probably are. now go have a cup of coffee and go grind like a good pale loli.

5. Cardiel

Cardiel Disglair DarkKnight NA

Do you know the recipe to craft em?

6. Aikatears

Aikatears Tearslight Ranger 49 NA

Also, Cron Stones will be craftable. A new item called “Ancient Spirit’s Powder” will be obtainable by grinding, underwater gathering, mining, and collecting fluid in Valencia, Kamasylvia, and Drieghan. You can craft Cron Stones by mixing Ancient Spirit’s Powder and Black Stones via Simple Alchemy. The price of Cron Stones in NPC shops will remain the same.

Cardiel likes this.
  7. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Yeah those players that made a few!?! pens already because there luck is beyond anything imaginable. Other people have 30+ fails and not a single pen. You seem to forget that having pen does not equal putting more time or effort into it.

8. Stabby

Glad I have over a billion silver on the Euro servers too. Once the server merge I'll be in good shape. : )

9. YoMa

Okay lemme put it this way...
    First of all, it's currently unknown exactly how many cron stones will you need for a PEN item through this system, but if we consider it's similar to how it worked so far (though it's not, it literally says it'll require more cron stones than it did so far to get max cron power...), it costs roughly 2,200$ to get ONE item to PEN, yet you have 7 items to PEN, that's 15,400$ just to get the main part of your gear to PEN (Accessories excluded).

Now for some reason, you guys in Korea are "raging" about this, but if you just think about it, people who invested such money in the game so far are already at nearly full pen, only missing accessories, which they won't be able to enhance with the new system either, I don't see a problem here?

Besides, cron stones will be craftable, you get them by doing literally everything there is in the game with that new system, which makes it easier to get it with in-game technique, while p2win side gets worse, having to spend more than 2,200$ for it, so basically people who didn't p2win get to have it easier, and those who did still gotta pay the same amount give or take, depending on their RNG. So this change is BETTER for the non p2win players, PvE is also being changed so that people with lesser gear get to grind at nearly the same speed as the high geared people, once again making it easier for lower geared players to reach high-end gear.

A year from now I assume everyone will be walking around in full PEN gear, aside from accessories which will still be really hard to get to PEN, and that means people will have more equal gear, and PvP will finally be able to be balanced out as gear won't matter THAT much anymore as everyone will have a chance to get to PEN...
    I seriously cannot see a single argument that makes this a bad system in any way, it literally helps people get to PEN, sure it might be unfair to those who got PEN before as it's made easier now, but hey, you gotta balance the game out somehow if you really want it to be PvP oriented end-game as they've always stated, and people always asked for it and now that you get it, you complain? Like why... Are you sad because your TET&PEN won't be able to kill people walking around in TRI anymore, and you'll actually have to learn how to play your class and beat the people with same gear as you? I don't get it...

Only argument u have for making it p2win is the fact u can melt costumes in kr for cron stones, but we have no info on that possibly being changed even, who says they'll 100% leave it there? Besides, EU/NA don't have it, and we don't care about that part whatsoever, this system will just please us all here.

Only thing I dislike with the new changes is the system that shows your gear level above your name, don't see the point to it and find it kinda stupid but meh...

#89 YoMa, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Never and TheZecretWeapon like this.
  10. T800

#90 T800, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  11. Cardiel

Cardiel Disglair DarkKnight NA

Sweet. Thanks. I guess I'll be doing a lot of underwater gathering later since that sounds more fun.

LogicaI likes this.
  12. TarkusBlack

TarkusBlack Witch 62 EU

What's this? A massive hysterical overreaction on the BDO forums? I'm shocked. Shocked I say.

LogicaI, Moen and Cardiel like this.
  13. Nicknero1405

Nicknero1405 Lanayru Witch 62 EU
    Ambassador

People cry and moan about RNG -> System introduced where you can actually get proper gear without RNG by just playing the game long enough -> People cry and moan.
    Are you babies never fking happy?

TheZecretWeapon and TarkusBlack like this.
  14. Coeprandua

We don't know anything until we see how this is implemented. Crons could cost an insane amount of money. They can be removed from blacksmith and added to very rare drops, which would basically turn them into mem frags. One thing to keep in mind, they will not throw out their entire mf/artisan revenue stream just because they want to be nice to you. There will be a catch.

Now, I see a lot of people that don't get how this is p2w so let me help you there. One of the greatest arguments of people who defended PA against p2w claims was that enhancement was RNG. Money that you can buy via the Pearl Shop did not directly translate into gear. Now it will.

There is a limit to how many pearl items you can sell per week so it will take p2w-ers some time to amass enough silver for guaranteed PEN. This italicised statement is unlikely to be true, considering those whales have been selling pearl items since day 1 of this feature and the amount of silver they already have available is more than likely to translate directly into instant PEN.

15. Hissis

They are not, for now...

16. Spartakatz

I don't believe the 100% PEN until I see it. But it would be a good thing.

17. YoMa

Exactly, they are not (for now), why already rage about it then omegalul

18. Solo322

I assume its around 8+ bil silver in crones for 100% chance.

19. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

since 2016 ive probably been making 3-6billion per month so thats like 17-18 months (since awakening) and the only upgrades i got are +1 on earrings, +1 on a ring, +1 on necklace, +1 on weapon and everything else remains the same

lmao, if you convert that to money its 80 billion wasted on garbage rng for barely any gain and now we're hearing about some idiotic patch like this where people that have exploited for billions or did p2w or just zerged their ass off in a siege guild or were rng carreid are gonna get rewarded

you can cheat for money in so many ways in this game but you cant really cheat for rng so this patch will make the game even more unfair than it could be now.. and that's already a lot when talking about some moron thats leeched castle for 2 years without any shame

20. Coeprandua

In which case it would make no difference for most of us. It would only help cheaters, botters, p2w, nolife and payout scum. Exactly the people we want to help!

Reyer, Amerrante and Stabby like this.