1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The enhance system literally makes me depressed

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Astro945, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Astro945

One man can only carry so much failiure, slamming desks only works for so long. Eventally after failing pen enough times it starts to eat away at my soul. It almost feels as though the way the enhance system was designed was to do just that, make you depressed and want to quit.

"Then just use the MP and dont enhance"

1.) I have an addictive personality, the way this game is designed feels like it was made to prey on people like me.

2.) Some of the pen items im going for are rarely on the MP.

I'm screwed xD I love everything about bdo but its enhance system... How some of you have the will power to go on after losing hundreds of billions is beyond me.

Proud, Akantorian, MamoruKin and 10 others like this.
  2. Carahil

Carahil Warrior 63 EU

ez fix: dont enhance

Proud, Two-Tu, Thugarin and 2 others like this.
  3. woots

welcome to the core of their buisiness and not the core of an entertaining game design. As doesnt matter how you put that, making a design where players can have a negative progression isnt something that should be used in a game.

Xenon, Rubyvulpa, Truthonly and 4 others like this.
  4. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

Welp... Look at the bright side, other mmos you lose the item upon failing enhancement and there is no way to failsafe it.

Arch2k and BloodLeshen like this.
  5. Andaro

Ambassador

failing, is never a loss

6. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

I always tell to my guild members that the chances of enhancement showed are rigged af. You always have 50% chance to succeed or 50% chance to fail.

1 fail = 1 step closer to succeeding

7. BloodLeshen

Its tedious Until you succeed and then ever fail was worth it. I've enhanced all my own gear apart from my IV Basi and V Helm. I've failed a lot yes but if a casual like me can do it without spending real money in any way then anybody can. I don't make enough silver to buy the gear so had to enhance it. ALTHOUGH 6 Ogre Tet fails felt bad. Not to mention the bunch of TRI and DUO fails in between. After a few months I succeeded.

PEN is another story. But casuals don't care about PEN.

8. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 63 EU

Then you know nothing about how probabilities work.

Meow 2, Rubyvulpa and Findubar like this.
  9. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

It was meant to be ironic because you can only fail or succeed. I know how they work, some jokes here and there will relax us ;)

Proud and Mars713 like this.
  10. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 63 EU

Oh, ok, my bad ;)

Proud likes this.
  11. Exposed

If you love everything about the game then don't enhance. If you can't control yourself delete all your stacks or move them to port ratt idk.
    If you are not going for pen distos/tri dead god there isn't a reason to enhance as you csn easily buy everything off the market.

Proud likes this.
  12. Chris_Hisss

Not sure why people expect anything? Knowing very well that chances are super low, you only set yourself up for frustration with expectations of anything else but failing, much less the hotheads that demand the game bend to their will on that one click because they have already failed too much.

Ultimatum essentially with RNG, misplaced anger, feelings of regret and sadness projected on a system that has been in place, albeit in worse forms for years and years, expecting a different outcome.

I was like that at first before I sought out to know the ins and outs, and then saw biohack and just was amazed at just what goes into it, and what is needed. He, much like Blade Boques preached about, built up a huge net worth and enhances for profit live, with stream influence, just over and over, it is not really directly for his own gear, like a lot of people do, just scraping by for another attempt, while he has a whole army of characters, showing efficient failstacking and just what it takes to make those kinds of things happen, and still often clicks around 20 times on upgrades mostly unemotionally. Just routine business at that point and is now a multi trillionaire.

Other things about that aren't immediately apparent like all of the adventure log bonuses, and knowledge bonuses, etc... That are making his numbers a bit more favorable than most of us, so I do think it is important to leave it to the ones that are more capable and better prepared, until we are there ourselves, if that is what we want, and in the meantime, if you click it is because you might feel lucky, but one must never feel entitled or it will certainly hurt more, and we must own up to our skewed expectations and knowing fully what it is we are doing, or just not do it.

As was said before, plenty of people just pay for upgrades. It costs too much in the long run for most of us, and we are warned repeatedly of this.

I am fairly new myself and I hear horror stories of people rage quitting this game and I am just trying to build smartly, hopefully I won't ever get myself into that kind of position!

Good luck to you, whatever you end up doing!

Rubyvulpa and Karna5 like this.
  13. Capitaine Courage

Create the problem, sell the solution, old monetization tropes.

Proud, Akantorian, Meow 2 and 7 others like this.
  14. Thugarin

Thugarin Striker 62 EU

@Astro945 for me it's super frustrating (like failing 24x pri -> duo distortion with 60-80fs and 40%+ chance shown) but then you can just think to yourself realistic > damn im wasting own time and money > i need to change strategy > (in my case sell base and pri distortion f*** trying to make duo) > hold down on a leash your gambling demon > continue selling things to pile up silver > buy yourself pen from mp for 22bil > feel a relief from gear growing > next step: repeat > future steps: owo, im actually progressing

Proud and Karna5 like this.
  15. Broodex

Broodex PvP Sorceress 62 NA

You'll either get over it or you won't and that's the hard truth. Gotta try to remember that we've all been there and you're by no means getting shafted via worse RNG runs anymore than the average player is. BDO is a marathon

Karna5 and BloodLeshen like this.
  16. Blitzball

Ye sure , don't enhance and grind 1 year straight to buy PEN Ogre / Disto at 100bil , lmao :D

17. Thugarin

Thugarin Striker 62 EU

Still better than not getting pen in 1 year, while getting 30+ failed attempts xD

Proud and Chaos Ronin like this.
  18. Prowly

That can be skipped if you pay to win.

You can't call something a marathon when it's skipable by spending money.

Proud and Fearless V like this.
  19. Aysnvaust

I stopped enhancing years ago, never looked back.
    Feels good man.

Proud, Eyrate and Karna5 like this.
  20. Findubar

You are just not skilled enough at it. kappa.