1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Evolution of a Character

Discussion in 'Art & Media' started by Vix, Jun 2, 2017.

1. erethir

2. Rimisa

Rimisa ItsFreja Lahn 61 NA

3. Osaemasu

Osaemasu DarkKnight

4. alphaelectric

She was a dark elf when i first played her

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Then she became human

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then she became a goddess

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Then she got a haircut

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

There's a story and lore here somewhere but basically she takes a bath and now shes not scary anymore

[​IMG]
    fresh from the cc oven

#64 alphaelectric, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    Vix, Anitoryuu, Elocinai and 7 others like this.
  5. FriendlyOak

the evolution of my kunoichi :O

Attached Files:

Vix, Claydough and Foxens like this.
  6. Nyrante

Nyrante Neecros Warrior 61 EU

My warrior became older, that's all. Its about 15 yrs (cause of RP happening).

2017-01-03_15246207.JPG

2017-07-04_30195412.JPG

Vix, Thirea, Rogahn and 3 others like this.
  7. Girlfriend

some of these characters look like they have been hit by a bus

Finny and Flowerxl like this.
  8. Flowerxl

These are some ugly looking characters no offense. WOW -.-

9. t0ny

10. Flowerxl

Prettiest one in the thread so far lol
    the other just look like they got hit by a bat

t0ny likes this.
  11. t0ny

Thanks! I tend to change my characters a lot. She has had some serious make overs as you can tell. The first one is from beta and the second one is when they released the game. The last two are recent. I just bought the new outfit and though I'd change her from blonde with blue eyes to brunette with green eyes and freckles. I'm happy with how she turned out, she looks ordinary and pretty which is what I'm aiming for. Most people give them crazy features, different eye color, crazy hair colors but i like something more natural.
    1.jpg

12. t0ny

That M on her neck though!!!

13. Claydough

she turned out great actually

14. Thirea

Thirea Nocturis Kunoichi 62 EU

Hey! Thought I'll share mine too! :) I used spoilers to not make it too messy here with big amount of pictures :D

'Adventure' with my kunoichi started on the class release date (20.07.2016). I really wanted to rush leveling and used a preset which I found on korean site and edited her a little. [​IMG]
    (On the left very 1st face I thought I'll use, but after 5min I changed her to the one on the right)
    [​IMG]

On day 2 I was finally lvl 50+ so I decided to make my kuno from the scratch.[​IMG]
    On 3rd day I made the final decision about the hairstyle. And posted 1st picture of her on my tumblr :)
    [​IMG]
    And the 'final look' on day 11.[​IMG]

From the day 2 I pretty much didn't change her face structure anymore. Only thing I was changing was her makeup :)
    [​IMG]
    Edit: After almost a year (6 days left and would be a year already o_o) I finally decided to make a bigger change (at least for me it's bigger :D). Decided to edit her face structure a bit and changed her eyes :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

#74 Thirea, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    Vix, ChibiDemon, eitheldin and 2 others like this.
  15. Shenya

I am embarrassed to admit just how long it takes me to make a character. Partly because I won't play it until I am somewhat happy, partly because the editor took me a long time to get a feel for, and the makeup options always leave me having to "settle", not just because there's not any that are like I would apply makeup, but there are not enough color options, especially since many of the colors don't come out anything close to the swatches.

I am also embarrassed to admit, that I had no idea that we could adjust on the fly in game, and I don't even know how many times I got to between level 14 and 20 and then deleted a character to make minor changes. This became especially difficult once the servers were changed to the current setup (THAT ONE DAY DELETION OMG).

I really REALLY want either a separate utility to make characters on, or the ability in game to not just visit the beauty shop whilst afk horse training or whatever, but also to play with other classes in it. I would love to spend hours (read days or weeks tbh) to make a new character, but I won't leave my laptop running the game overnight, so I afk horse train and pop in to do my farms when I can during the day. This prevents me from spending the time I'd like refining existing or making new characters.

So anyway, here's how I started and how I ended up. It was a bit accidental actually, I wondered if I hit a different face type, if it would keep all the slider settings I already had and how I might look. Sadly it doesn't, but makeup alone can make a face very different, and having hit a different face type, found myself playing with what I now saw rather than reloading my template, and many, MANY hours later, I ended up saving the new face, and then being able to quickly swap between the two customizations, decided I liked the new one a lot more.

I found the hair glowed, and I mean properly GLOWED in the dark, and I couldn't stand looking like a light bulb, so at level 17, she got deleted and remade several times with darker and darker hair until eventually, it was pretty much black.

2017-07-10_129114914.JPG

This is what happened after switching the face and ending up playing for hours afterward. The only thing I didn't change was the makeup and the hair color.
    2017-07-10_129097541.JPG

She now looks like this, except I use the hairpiece from the outfit, because I wasn't able to make my existing hair fit into or around the collar of the Stella outfit in a way where it was either pleasing to look at, or not going THROUGH it (which looks SO messy)
    2017-06-06_339376440.JPG

And from the back, this is the reason why I shortened much of her hair (it just wouldn't let me move it around as if it was falling into the collar and coming forward) so that the collar and back details of the dress could be seen. It's a shame, because the hairpiece "helmet" that comes with the outfit, whilst nice, doesn't allow anyway customization ('cos "helmet"), and more than anything, is designed in such a way, that it completely covers all of the back of her dress. :(
    2017-06-06_337360581.JPG

Should you want to see her with the hairpiece, page 26 of the "Show us your character" thread. If you haven't been there yet, HOLY COW there are some very talented people creating some amazing looks and are infinitely better at making screenshots than me. I will make more effort in the future (when my stupid horses give me a keeper).

Vix, eitheldin, iPure and 1 other person like this.
  16. iPure

iPure Valkyrie 56 NA

I'm 100% one of those people who is constantly tweaking their character and is never satisfied.
    One of my favourite things about this game is the char creation though (and tbh every other game too, unhealthy obsessions ik.)

Order goes from old to new:

(first beta)

tumblr_o2qysolCfd1ufb0n2o1_1280.png

(2016)

tumblr_o692gfwh5t1ufb0n2o2_1280.png

tumblr_odpkuv4vGx1ufb0n2o7_1280.png

(2017/present)

tumblr_ohvd23sAql1ufb0n2o6_r1_1280.png

tumblr_oovm72OqLs1ufb0n2o2_1280.png

shes always been blonde but the lighting makes it look reddish/dark sometimes. >:{

#76 iPure, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Vix, Mystica, Elocinai and 7 others like this.
  17. Shenya

This is my favorite picture of the bunch. The whole look (hair makeup skin etc) plus that outfit and its colors just work.

iPure likes this.
  18. Shinpai

I have been tweaking my characters since the Korean OBT so the newer classes I haven't tweaked much yet, but these are some of the very first characters I've made. I made it into a huge image just to make it easier to view~
    [​IMG]

Vix, Anitoryuu, Elocinai and 7 others like this.
  19. VardaSkaya

Hey,

BEFORE, at BDO starting
    2016-03-31_45447579.JPG

After, ATM.

2017-05-31_12405958.JPG 2017-07-13_6770800.JPG

2017-08-13_44920408.JPG

2017-08-03_3777386.JPG

#79 VardaSkaya, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    Vix, Anitoryuu, Elocinai and 4 others like this.
  20. LurkingPeanut

the first picture is from all the way back when they first released the character creator before actually releasing the game. they had some sort of contest going with it as well i think. I wanted to see how much i could alter my character and tried to make him into an elf since there were no male elves in the game. I ended up playing that character in the full release but changed him back to a human. The third picture is what he looked like around the time that i quit the game, about a month after release.

after over a year i returned and decided my character needed an overhaul (pictures 4 - 6)

it's kinda funny how i ended up going back to an elf-like character. guess im just salty they havent introduced a male elf in all this time.

cc.png cccccccccccc.png saxx.png sxxa.png sdass.png asddasd.png