1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fate of Tamers

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by Assilma, May 11, 2018.

1. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

So, from a mass-pvp perspective there seems to be absolutely nothing redeemable about the class right now. Tamer was already a D-tier class in mass-pvp, due to small hitboxes, low mobility, complete lack of range abilities, no damage mitigation passives, unrealiable skills (no safe enegage) and so forth. Perhaps the one thing we had going for us was cloud ride, perhaps the only reliable awakening skill of tamer. But aside from having lost protection on basically all of our awakening damage skills (all-around-spinner barely even merits commenting on, since its forward guard is broken by just about everything constantly in PVP), we have now lost the only reliable skill in our awakening.

Aside from being mechanical nonsense, this is just simply un-fun and an ugly thing to have in such a beautiful game. I wanted to post these clips here to show everybody exactly what I am talking about. This is the fate of tamers, this is what it has come to:

https://i.gyazo.com/a1a2016c877a814c51d795cab102b918.mp4

https://i.gyazo.com/53859477544e80a01d98a82190cbbde3.mp4

https://imgur.com/a/2Hl4wiC

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/RadiantWhimsicalBarasingha

(Thanks to "TheJedi" and "Yengz" for the 3rd and 4th clips respectively)

#1 Assilma, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    1dTen, Josh28, Asami and 19 others like this.
  2. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Willing to see if they will fix things, but right now it's unplayable.

Akiko, Vzais and Eri 4 like this.
  3. Akiko

Akiko Tamer 62

If they would swap the Iframes and SA of the sidedashes with polejump + cloud ride it would already be way better but right now there is rarely any occasion where this skill is of any use (and its 2 of our SA skills, the last one being the e - buff which is by far the worst of all classes and doesnt add anything to tamer besides its going to desummon your pet after 60 sec haHAA, nice joke)

im gonna add the tamer perspective gif here aswell, gladly, as i just love looking at it

https://gfycat.com/BronzeGaseousHornedtoad

you gotta mention that the whole windup animation of getting into the position to even use the cloud ride is SA aswell so you are just a sitting duck literally asking to get grabbed or bursted down. Its just suicide to use the skill in most situations besides closing a gap (which is suicide aswell if you fight against someone who knows how to play against it as its super easy to counter)

Eri 4, CZz, Reuter and 5 others like this.
  4. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

Tamer was the worst class i had ever seen in a game, now it's so much worse i can't even find words to describe how bad it is.

I don't know what to write in order for any of the staff of this game to understand how unfair and how ludicrously bad it is

Being in prison is less of a punishment than spending 2 years on a character that was always the lowest tier in the game only to butcher it even further, at this point it's like killing someone and then t-bagging him, that's what pearl abyss is doing to tamer. It must be intended trolling for shts n giggles and for fun

Bahska, 1dTen, Asami and 6 others like this.
  5. Sawaruna

all other class are pretty much the same with skills being unsafe.
    except wiz but his skills are predictable.

6. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Did you actually see the links in the first post? How is this "pretty much the same" as "all other class[es]"?

EDIT: Even if it is the same, we are here to talk about Tamer, not other classes.

Bahska, 1dTen and Eri 4 like this.
  7. Kuu

Kuu

That's a hard question to answer since the rules of engagement are changing. They do seem to lack an ear to hear tamer specific mechanics issues, but then you can say the same for half the classes based on their track record.

And PA does do FoTM things, so, anytime a new class is release, tamers especially ceases to exist.

Now that is not to say it will change, they are publicly commited to "pvp balance", and one of the reason IMO tamers were shafted was due to human resources. If they are increase their effort into balance, there's no reason Tamers aren't redesigned to fit somewhere.

8. Lenerlink

you cant talk about this if want to exclude the other classes...unless your talking about pve...because other classes changes effect us as well.

Skarrlette likes this.
  9. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

OK but, how is this "the same" as all other classes? Every other class gets stuck and bugged out mid-air now do they? Lol

#9 Assilma, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
    Onoderane likes this.
  10. Kuu

Kuu

Actually this happens to a lot of other classes, some fixed, some semi fixed, some not.

I believe for the past half year, striker, mystic, zerker, ranger, all had to suffer from getting stuck in the air after certain moves.

Rasta667 likes this.
  11. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

4 classes is not "all other classes" ppl just making endless straw-man arguments.

I never said "no other class has this problem", i was responding to someone saying "this is the same as all other classes" lmao

SuzyIdle likes this.
  12. Nyanpi

In its current form I don't see any aspect of BDO PvP surviving. I expect a full rollback by the end of the month.

Kurotori, CZz and Assilma like this.
  13. irrelevant

but you can say that cus other classes don't have this problem

musa / mae still have chase, ninja kuno still have hide

sorc still has iframes + dod + nightmare + even gjr , sorc only lost violation sort of it's incredibly op atm

ranger is incredibly op as well it doesn't even need awakening

zerker has cannon and has lava piercer still i assume they can just engage with their dash

witch/wiz are obvious

valk can walk forward with block and sa and also still have sa on half of their abilities unlike tamer which doesnt have any

warrior got somewhat hit but not as hard, so yeah , what other classes have the same issues lmao

tamer has no engage and no disengage, it doesn't have any mobility that works either and the best tool that you have is 50/50 LBP , lmao ****ing great, no one else got hit even remotely as hard as tamer did when the class was already the absolute worst

Mesuka, Kurotori, UltraHeaven and 5 others like this.
  14. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Pretty much agree, even if other classes are suffering from similar problems, they nearly all have at least some redeeming characteristic such as those u just mentioned.

15. Kuu

Kuu

Whether it hurts tamers more, that's debatable depending on which class forum you walk into. While I don't disagree cloud in it's current form is pretty useless to tamers, due to it's slow animation, among other stuff,

The problem was not invented to tilt Tamers. It happened to almost every class with an airborne move, and they went and had to fix each one( sometimes with multiple attempts or is still trying) individually.

PA being PA with a regression is not surprising, but I don't believe it's a warrant to claim tamer being a special sunflower on a nerf and a bugs.

The Tamer forum we're allow to have our bias to rough patches, yes, but It doesn't change there fact you may turn into a certain poster(s) that believe anything and everything is a slight to tamers, they are the worse, devs are purposely killing tamers, and so on.

Redarion likes this.
  16. lanzend

I mean at this point... I'm pretty sure they are. I'm Team Lemon all the way now! Whooooo! Thanks PA!

Eri 4 likes this.
  17. Rysingmoon

Yes.

18. Zerker’s rocket jump is still Iframe + dmg on take off, in air, and on land, and you can take off immediately again afterwards.

19. irrelevant

sorc still has iframe on nightmare, kuno ninja still have iframe on grab ,ranger still has iframe while jumping

epic logic right there

20. Lenerlink

dont bother... none of these people are actually here to *talk* just here to complain with no real objective in sight... No mater how much you try to explain things they will always counter back with a half viewed argument that wont take anyone elses opinion that doesnt match theirs in to suggestion...tbh these...post have become irrelevant.

#20 Lenerlink, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018