1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fate of Tamers

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by Assilma, May 11, 2018.

1. SuzyIdle

but we are the negative ones , while you **** on lemon every chance you get

2. ghoulz666

Doesn't seem to matter going near full pre-awakened at this point. I just slapped on any means to get health back though addons and ghetto HP recovery on hit crystals in weapon. Doesn't help with elites so may as well just farm with a better class.

3. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

whats your "real objective in sight"

start here, clear discrimination through and through

real objective in sight is that tamer is getting gutted in every way possible and clowns like you keep being "positive" but this positivity hasn't brought us anywhere. I bet my whining gave more hope to tamers than your forced positivity ever did, i bet me making a thread talking about the issue made some random tamer player feel like "there's a chance kakao/PA finally notice us and fix it" and that gave him more comfort than having 100000000000000 issues then going to the forum and seeing no one talk about them

how can they fix something if they don't even know it exists? the feedback HAS TO COME FROM SOMEWHERE and not saying anything makes them think they're going in the right direction when in reality that's not true

not everyone wants to spend money and time rerolling to a new class the entire time just to be relevant and yes there are people that do it but that doesn't mean that it's right and bdo isn't a game where you can easily abandon your character if your class is **** - like other mmos are.

In L2 i could just subclass or literally trade all my gear and everything i owned to a new char, in Gw2 i can reroll cus there's a cap that's incredibly easy to reach - in bdo you have to REPEAT THE SAME CONTENT YOU DID for INCREDIBLE AMOUNTS OF TIME and also spend a **** ton of real money (in a game as unstable as this) in order to reroll and that's not even considering that you have to learn the new class

you aren't being reasonable or objective and Kuu has never been reasonable or objective and with arguments like these he won't get anywhere in game cus you'll settle for "this is my class's role this is what i can do" and not even push yourself and your limits and settle for middle of the pack/average

I don't want to be vocal and it doesn't bring me pleasure to expose myself and to talk about things like this, i much rather stay anonymous or not even post in forums in the first place - i don't do reddit at all and i also don't visit random forums with the urge or need to write my own diaries - i only do it because i feel like no one else does it or does it good enough and what i can say and the feedback i can give is within my own control so i don't have to "rely on someone else to do it "and that's why i end up being as vocal as i am but i'd much rather live in a world where i had no reasons to complain and you're just trying to turn some random readers against me to feel better about yourself or something while for me the objective is to get MY class fixed and whoever else benefits from it he's welcome to ride along

Eri 4, Mesuka, Kurotori and 4 others like this.
  4. Lenerlink

exactly as i said "half viewed arguments" ...i could be like lemon and say your a *****ing retard and that you an idiot for not reading that they are changing more in the future...that every MMO goes through this where they notice things are not right and the do an overhaul of skills and how things work... i could say that your a nobody that doesnt even show if you play tamer or not or that your rbf score and play time is prob 1/4 of mine...but thats not my style... i come into forums to show give argument both sides of the story.

There is prob a multiple teams that work on this and right now the Combat deparment has full control over whats happening right now with them re-doing on how combat works. because lets face it, if they didnt do this no new class would be able to come out unless they had grabs...**** tons of damage and lots of protection...making less and less uniqueness in classes as the time goes by. This change is not only for the current combat but for the future as well. Untill the Combat department is done doing the major changes to the game as a whole the class deparments can only adjust with the changes they are making to the skills for the time being fixing what becomes broken in the process every week. So untill these major changes cooldown *EVERY CLASS* will have to adjust each week to the changes. It seems they want us to ease into the changes so we can adjust little by little instead of dumping a pile of **** onto us and say "go nuts with the changes" and still have people complain any way.

5. SuzyIdle

oh i know I`m a scrub ,but you the one on the wrong server so whatever, and my profile pic is a gdm tamer , do i need to prove that imma tamer beyond that? Removing iframe on pole jump just proves how clueless they are, you can hope all you want that it gets better next week , my money is on that we lose the cc from void too.
    rbf.PNG time.PNG

also rofl at combat department , you really delusional.

DocPepper, Mesuka and irrelevant like this.
  6. irrelevant

lol at this kid, their "combat team" is what made mystic and put tamer in the place it was

partial/broken skills through the roof while already being bad and random pointless nerfs while they buff everyone else

his entire post is basically "have faith in them that's the whole argument.. like yea... ok... that's not really an argument lol.

This change will devolve the game and since tamer was complete and utter garbage there's a chance that it'll be better off after the changes but the game will be worse and what we could have had won't even be on the horizon any more.. and knowing how bad they are based on their past decisions there's a chance tamer sinks EVEN MORE

btw i'm still waiting for you to debunk my argument why everyone else kept their iframes except tamer, cus you know this is an actual fact/argument unlike "have faith in them" high intelligence

7. Sorakami

Right now our best bet is to fight using pre awakening since ours is pretty decent. Sadly WW is an unreliable iframe,but we do have realistic super armor and with resonance we can hurt a bit more. Few days ago i was dunking warriors,ninjas and witches with trample,resonance,and echo. They all outgeared me a bit,but luckily I'm so used to being bad and helpless.

Syun likes this.
  8. Lenerlink

Yes i am optimistic to counter-balance the state of tamer forums...i do not go white knighting the changes but we are no way and HAVE NEVER been in a state that zerkers was once when they were neither good 1v1 or mass PVP where they had to re-do their entire Skills and are in the state of pretty decent right now.

Every forum...and i do mean every one except tamer has people in it coming up with ways to deal with the situation or see how their CC moves might be unprotected and the pro/cons against going other classes...then you have the tamer for thats
    [​IMG]
    even before the changes...even after the buffs...
    no one talks about how they changes some of the CC on heilang because it seems like no one really fully test all their moves
    what works against what... how to run away from mystic effectively (because **** mystic)
    no forum on how to effectively deal with other classes...bearly any feed back on forums from people wanting to play tamer and when it does get notice ya'll are there to tell them not to pick your class saying..."that class and do that one specific thing better than us" when everyone of the other class give us the "jack of all trades master at non"
    People stop coming to the tamer forums because of this...if you go to other forums you will see lots of different classes making comments in them but you go to the tamer forum it its nothing but "Waaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaah" or to the poor soul that puts his impression after fighting a tamer "you dont belong here get out".

Tamer forum has turn into a cry fest for tamers feeling sorry for themself even though they KNEW what they were getting themselfs into in the first place... its like playing jiggleypuff in smash then complaining about how every other char is better than her.

Alrikmerc and UltraHeaven like this.
  9. Lenerlink

now lets go over how the next few post were going to go if i didnt post this

(quote what i say)
    1.make a statement about my past irrelevant to the topic
    2.blame the devs for making the forums like this and driving tamers to feel the way they do
    3.come up with something off topic but try to tie a very very tiny portion of the quote of what i said into the conversation thus making a very large post about that tiny quote ignoring the main point of what i said.
    4. "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

10. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Um, Lener, are u ok there?

11. Ronove

What are you talking about?
    Ok let's maybe consider that tamer was in a worse starting position to begin with, tamer got the mystic treatment.

Now you tell me all the other forums are being constructive and working to future and ****... ********.
    Half of those forums are talking how the changes basically ruined their class gameplay.

SuzyIdle and Assilma like this.
  12. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Lener, I tried to address what I consider to be some fundamental gameplay issues of tamer, and draw particular attention to how the change of cloudstomping/ride from Iframe to SA, is a horrible mechanical decision and also an ugly and fun-killing thing to have done to the class; I evidenced this by showing how the skill now interacts with vacuum skills, and in fact it's even much worse than this, because now you can literally fall out of the air (with the same animation as when u jump off a cliff), i might record that later and show people as well.

With this thread I thought it was obvious I was suggesting cloud stomping/ride should not be super armour, and Akiko additionally provided the idea that the Iframes from leaves dropping/gust could be swapped with cloud stomping/ride, which was a pretty good suggestion.

You came in here saying nobody is willing to talk and basically tried to de-rail the thread and posted massive attention-grabbing images accusing everybody of "crying" etc. I really don't know what you are trying to achieve here. Anyway, i'm not getting involved in more of this, and I will just leave the thread to stand as it is. Good luck in the game, fellow Tamers. ♥

13. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

People stop coming to the Tamer forums cause the Tamer population outside of people purely being weebs with no interest in PvP is dwindling. The secret not so secret Tamer Discord is basically dead, if that serves as an indicator for anything.

Tamer has been butchered beyond any recognition and there is no point in 'adjusting' either cause who knows what kind of cancer we have to deal with after each new week. Yes, people are perfectly aware of the goal PA has in mind but that doesn't stop them from hating it for obvious reasons. The suggestions made in this thread are viable and would be a saving grace for an otherwise broken skill. Your 'counter-whining' on the other side isn't productive and rather detrimental in contrast to whatever you might believe. Simply having faith brought us nowhere. Being vocal at least gave Tamers a glimmer of hope in the form of staff members actually looking into the Moonlight Strike issue. A moot point by now obviously, but still something to consider.

Eri 4, LigtZ, SuzyIdle and 2 others like this.
  14. Lenerlink

Im doing exactly what the people above me has done but instead directed at them. I pick out what is positive and only focus on the negative saying that one negative black outs the positive.

With these changes This allows in 1v1 heilangs CC moves to be more usefull when not in attack mode and allows his CC to go through when in attack mode. Like it was intended
    1. Surging tide- has been nerf but no one knows that because no one truly tried to use it in a way i have. Instead of all 3 attacks causing stiffness only the last hit on it causes stiffness but if you dont have heilang in attack mode and you spam this abilty while being mobile you can literally have heilang keep sending CC at the opponent from medium range and attack when it does hit.

2. void- it actualy has some what of a use now... even thought it takes 1.4/2 of your CC meaning do not follow up with another stiff (NO moonlight)
    instead you should moonlight>lbp>bound or a float

3. Us being a low CD high amounts of CC class and everyone else being less protected we have a better chance getting a CC of on them first before they do.

4. Heilang just got a buff in his base damage...is his normal CC'less attacks good...no but as of now he has the buff he gets from Absorb already into his base damage meening more damage from Awakening attacks.

Its been 2 over months since i seen a post that tries to put out Tips on how to use tamer. I dont mind post that show the changes to tamers and how it effects us like the "Skill changes with todays patch" post. But when we start to have repetitive post thats literally beating a dead horse. Then attack anyone that tries to comment on it. It grinds my gears.

15. Lenerlink

No in forum when every someone brings up tamer this and i quote "we dont want you know who to come in here" It was never about the weeb stuff but more about the one tamer barging into other people forums telling them off then telling them to get out of the tamer forums when they do the same thing...that put a bad rep out on what to expect when you go into tamer forums to post. That the word "irrelevent" has start to become a meme here.

16. Lenerlink

yes but if you actualy go into some of the forums people post how to deal with some of the changes... alternative moves to use...can you say the same for tamer forums...like at all.

17. SuzyIdle

did this dude say zerkers had it worse then tamers , k im done , back to lurking and laughing/crying

18. Nyanpi

What do you expect from a Forum where the vast majority of the population has never seen the rbf from the inside and starts their post with "I usually only PvE but..." when commenting on PvP topics?

19. irrelevant

lol yea that's the one thing that stuck up to me

meanwhile in enemy they have zerker often (or always?) winning their small scale tournaments while also getting among or top kills in sieges, whahaha

everything ive gathered so far from forums and streams is that NA doesn't have any good zerks while EU is absolutely packed with zerkers that do 1 million damage with every skill while being in permanent SA and they don't even need to use grabs but they can

absolutely flabbergasted

i think it's actually amazing how lenerlink manages to write so many words without saying absolutely anything at all, he didn't have a single argument game-play related in his entire post and then he made a post saying heilang got buffed lmao what a joke
    , i'll let you know when heilang does more than 10% of a 560 gearscore player's hp in a fight with pots and this crap about tamer having low cds is amazing bs as well. Yea LBD has low CD and you have ascension flow (useless) intimidation (useless) full moon (useless) 2 sidesteps and pole jump (which is just the second part of a skill) and soaring strike which requires 2sec+ stationary channel while a kunoichi has
    > lunatic discus, danse macabre, spin flow, wheel of wrath flow , lunar dash flow, chain crash - SIX protected (well at least before) flows compared to tamer's ...... ZERO (unless you count pole jump's 2nd part) or soaring strike which good luck using outside of 1v1 , by the time you channel the full allround your enemy or you'll be dead and now you cant even do that cause you don't have cc limits to do it cus allround is 1.7 ccs alone

yea mate, tamer has low cooldowns.. wait what ? kuno has 3 sec CD on half-moon slash which doesnt have CC but does same damage as LBD(cus it has +50% crit rate) and has 2.8 sec lingering superarmor .. with 3 sec cd, kuno spin is lower cd than allround (and 10 times better and faster), kuno ghost step is lower cd than lbp, kuno dash is same cd as tamer and the flow is lower cd (and also has cc effect on it unlike full moon)

get out of here , you don't know other classes and you try to argue about how tamer has X or Y over other classes when that's not even the truth, other classes have more skills than tamer does and their cooldowns arent as long as you're trying to imply they are and that;'s why one of my biggest arguments has been that tamer is predictable and lacks options

you know what? everyone can beat bad players, i have 112k rbf score (and yes i haven't done rbf for a long while now since they butchered the game) and before i started doing rbf i did a ton of open world pvp and i can tell you (something that shouldve been obvious to anyone trying to think) that if your enemy is bad your class won't matter and that class only matters when the skill levels get very high

ITS THE SAME IN EVERY DAMN GAME, take League of legends the easiest example - you can reach high elo with ANY champion but the higher you get the more you'll have to push the limit and when you reach the top meta picks become so much stronger and on tournaments and pro play people that play the game for 14 hours a day for months end up being meta slaves because (well i think its cus theyre too trash to innovate but nevermind my personal opinion) meta and class/character strength matters so much more on high level when you fight good players that can capitalize on any and all mistakes and that's where tamer is absolute dogshit garbage the lowest of low and it has never been in a good spot ,never. Even in pre-awaken times it wasn't the best class (altho it wasn't as bad as it is now and it was better than kuno musa maehwa maybe even ninja and on par with half of the others)

you'll always be able to kill bad players but that doesn't make your class or your gun better than theirs cus you'd do it with any other class and that's why you can't balance a game on trash tier levels and on high level tamer is just bad

i'm still waiting to your argument why does tamer lose iframe on pole jump but everyone else keeps theirs? I got hit by an aakman mob for 40% of my hp while pole jumping earlier pretty ****ing hilarious cus the guy was nowhere near me he was 5m behind me and he hit the ground while i was in the air and i took damage
    MINDBLOWN

20. Felyni

Felyni Tamer 61 NA

Tamer Pro's:

We make great lifeskillers, also heilang is essential when I want to jump off of mountains and not die.

Also we fit on horses nicely, since we're petite and the proportion of the tamer body to horse body is more eye appealing compared to a zerker on a horse or any other class.