1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fate of Tamers

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by Assilma, May 11, 2018.

1. lanzend

This 100%

Just because you can beat someone in CS with a pistol doesn't mean it was superior to the AR he picked up.

Monchizi likes this.
  2. Hooters

Hooters Solairity Tamer 61 NA

Tbh i thought tamers were in a good spot when absolutes came out and an even better spot when rabams came out. I sold my tamers stuff before this last patch because i can see that tamer isnt going to get any better with upcoming patches. Its unfortunate that it had to end this way because i liked my tamer but i havnt loved her since pre awaken. For all of you who are going to continue riding out tamers till you quit because you love her so much good luck but if you are thinking you cant reroll because its too late or you have pens weps or “I spent too much money on my tamer” it isnt too late to play something else that is funner and stronger. I dont mean all reroll wiz because herdur “Im a wizurd pfffffffft (Hexakill)” but prettty much any class is stronger than tamer at this point and there are much funner classes because the game isnt fun when you get pooped on constantly not because of skill but because the class is just bad. Just reminding you guys i had 252 ap 294 dp and i rerolled kuno and i havnt completely geared up yet and i only have 242 ap mainhand 228 ap or so with estique but even with my kutum i hit much harder than my tamer does at level 59 while my tamer was 61. I could actually do some group pvp even with worse skill on my kuno because i didnt get screwed by everything and anything that randomly hit me and im actually mobile but anyways good luck with your ongoing tamer struggles hope it gets better.

Assilma likes this.
  3. Incoming cc strip from void.

irrelevant likes this.
  4. Ciroc

I maining tamer back and forward too. The last patch was the nail in the coffin, after the CC patch which hit us hard aswell. We dont have any down smashes which are a real problem. I was fine with the unsafe Moonlight strike before but now? Now SA on Legandary Beast Dance or the change to Cloud Stomping nailed it.

I am rolling back to Kuno a class that has no FG in their entire kit and still do better on it than Tamer.

5. Syun

Syun Seeon Tamer 61 NA

I hate this. Tamers who mention Legendary beast dance SA, are undoubtedly daft. It screams I don't pvp and selfishness. Asking for Echo Pierce or Garuda would be healthier for the game.

Mind you Ciroc, im not talking about you. I'm pointing at the mindset. Think about the strength of Legendary beast dance in the game when other classes have limited ways to stop it. Tamer would be the best fighter in the patch if we'd kept legendary beast dance SA. It would be a free CC button. So asking for it back it just plain ignorance to pvp. There would be so much more tamer hate. 3 second cooldown of reliable SA. No other class in the patch could match this skill. You legendary beast dance into a zerg and they would flop around. Something along the lines of LBP > LBD > Resonance > Allround > LBD combo spam for example. This would work for all types of fights

6. Ciroc

@Syun wtf are you saying. Tamer has limited AOE, little escape mechanics compared to other classes and the only SA I was using reliably during pvp engages was LBD. The SA on echo was really short and almost not noticable. Garuda FG was really good but mentiong Tamer and being the best fighter is just not right.

Picking one point of my argunment and totally descredit me just by mentioning having one relaible SA back kinda triggers me. And you know aswell that Tamer can never be one thats going full ham into a Zerg without getting punished. The sustain and natural squishness of the class are the downfall of it. SA wasnt only for sustaing CC's but getting reduced damage of skills.

7. Guys, we are an rp class now.

See you all on Cal 2–

whenever I actually log in.

Assilma likes this.
  8. ghoulz666

I RP'd being an adventurer. Then my exp bar went back to 0%. Can't agro multiple crescent guardians like I can with mystic.

Eri 4 likes this.
  9. Syun

Syun Seeon Tamer 61 NA

Wait what? All I was saying that LBD SA is really strong and classes now have limited protection. If we have LBD on 3s cooldown mean we would seldom get cc'd while dishing out cc's other classes cant handle. Literally almost pre patch because garuda/echo were barely used in the kit. Echo was almost always on cd because of swapping and garuda was functional fg and not good for damage. Our awakening was mostly LBD spam for a reason

I mentioned those 2 because they weren't as relevant as LBD and having one of them would make the awakening less **** than it is now (all we have is allround spinner that's decent and leaves/gust but there's no follow up to them). I can't understand what I said for you; having LBD when other classes are struggling to even move safely would be OP.

I'm not trying to discredit but at what point, since you brought it upon yourself, did you argue against anything in your original post?

Your post was a dead horse everyone has been beating on( myself included) until you brought up losing LBD SA(which is grey area, and for a reason I brought up above twice btw); moreover, I was just adding my opinion of pvp health in this patch. If that somehow was your arguement then I didn't discredit anything because that's what I replied to. How can I discredit something I didn't even talk about lol, im done

#49 Syun, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
  10. Mesuka

Mesuka Elliasto Tamer 61 NA

11. Mesuka

Mesuka Elliasto Tamer 61 NA

Can you show a vid or something how u spam the stiffness while being mobile? I don't fully understand

12. Think he means cancel the skill just before the black part of the animation, and heilang still does his follow up.

And unlike awakening pet follow ups that always teleport heilang to your side to attack, unawakened follow ups always trigger wherever heilang is located.

It kind of used to be a thing to stay command heilang and roar cancel for the ranged kd. Similar concept without the stay.

13. SuzyIdle

from "leaked patch"
    • Tamer If you receive damage in Celestial Bo state, the effect of Q activates automatically

14. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

After seeing that Witch gets the stupid version of S autoblock I knew this would happen to Tamer as well.

15. Does that mean we get the dp buff instantly instead of after holding q for 2s, or that we get instantly put into q block without having to react or something silly.

I highly doubt they are going to automate our block and turn us in the right direction. +There are some non collision skills that just go through our q block so it’s better to sa/iframe ... game cannot make that kind of decision for us.

16. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

The latter. Applies when walking backwards, the translation is wonky. Same as Witch, where it automatically activates Q block. But compared to all other classes with S autoblock this makes us stationary the moment you receive hits.

17. D I S G U S T I N G

18. VorteX332

VorteX332 Tamer 61 EU

If those leaked stuff is real , then even PA realised how bad tamer is, cause tamer is the only class without a nerf. Maybe they dont know how to buff tamer, so they said ok, we nerf all classes down xD

19. ghoulz666

lol you get a buff when you're being brutally murdered.

DocPepper and thejr like this.
  20. Kuu

Kuu

But almost all tamers would WW everything, or at least shift/double tap movements in, so It kinda...makes sense?

I don't think I've ever actually walked in combat anything, between LBP, and WW, with some sprint attacks.

Tamer movements is one where you just burn the stamina in sword form, then switch to staff form to burn the same movements in MP (well that is untl they nerfed cloud ride)