1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fate of Tamers

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by Assilma, May 11, 2018.

1. pInAy

I'm thankful for those who complain about our class for the PA/KaoCash to know the problems and hopefully fix tamers (which I doubt that they will coz it seems like they never read forums) than still be optimistic which will make them think that tamer is fine because of someone like you. If a miracle happen that they actually fix/buff tamers, it'll be because of them and not you. And yeah, all of us who still play tamer since NA/EU launch have been trying to play the class as best as we can despite the bugs, etc so please stop telling us about what you think that other tamers only know how to use few skills and not experimenting combos/skills to use because you want people to know you are the best when in fact you're not. You're just same as the rest of us.

DocPepper and Assilma like this.
  2. Nah, Len's a really humble tiny tamer. He just takes a different approach to this full-tilt mess.

He is right that some go in way to hard on the self-victimization hand, and it takes away from their points, even the valid ones.

But yeah, at a time when everyone is lamenting the fundamental shift/death of their class, a period of mourning is to be expected.

People will be more open to optimism and tips maybe a month after things actually stabilize (and if/when people come back to play).

3. Kuu

Kuu

Mine you,

The SA blurb that's been deleted is completely unconfirmed and worth a huge grain of nothing. We'll have to wait until tomorrow for anything real.

On that note, S-block on tamer sword would complete her kit very well in the new unprotected world. Flash might actually counter attack now.

4. ghoulz666

I don't even go awakening anymore. It's just so bad.

5. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

6. pInAy

7. lanzend

JP notes in

We got S-block. It looks like in staff form only?

8. Maxi.BS

Maxi.BS IIuminescent Tamer 61 EU

I think so, but why they specificly mentioned Rain Curtain? So we will not only having block on backward walk but also the 20DP buff when attacked?

9. lanzend

That's the way s-block currently works on witch (they get the 15% all resist buff and go into the blocking animation if hit from the front while backpedaling).

10. Maxi.BS

Maxi.BS IIuminescent Tamer 61 EU

Also it seems PA does notice that Heilang role is not big enough in PvP, they are planning to increase his power (along with witchard pets tho)

11. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

you really need to post the 2nd and 3rd deaths or show them to support or anything, this looks so ridiculous and bugged it's almost insane how pathetic they are to make this change. Get hit by random people attacking the air 5 meters behind you and doing damage on you while you're in the air - next gen mmorpg LOL

seriously superarmor pole jump is ****ing worthless unless they make tamer 50% tankier and especially with bs like desync the idiocy is next level, a witch casts lighting on the ground better do damage to a tamer that's 30 meters away in the air and they charge money for this game - this is on the live server and it's official, i can't facepalm enough

random dude swung his sword at the air in the opposite direction and damaged you 2018 pvp style

12. LexusGirl

So of all the people in this thread ranting on about SA's etc, have you even noticed this at all? this affects us in pvp just as much as the other stuff, actually more so imo.
    I have done the same thing, rerolled to kuno (while i still keep my tamers gear in everlasting hope), and i kill things faster with the same AP/DP while being 2-3 levels lower than my tamer, add this into pvp, my kuno does more damage than my tamer (same AP/DP/ACC) even not taking into consideration CC's, SA's guards etc on either side.
    Our poor class has, from my experience, the worst dps in the game as well as all the other issues that have been brought up

13. Mystake

...you do know that end game Tamers have one of the highest (if not THE highest) one combo bursts in bdo right? They are considered a top tier 1v1 class in kr! Group... not so much. And yes, valk pvp damage is being nerfed with this patch.

Anyway Tamer Evasion iframe (idc how buggy or unreliable it can be coz Heilang free stun while performing an invincible strategic retreat is so legit), Ninoichi concealment (lol cheese skill), Muswha Chase SA (...), and Sorc tele iframe (change to SA please) need to go. 'nuff said. Else, I hope that the upcoming pvp damage nerfs to ninja, tamer and maewha are more drastic than other classes to accommodate these unfair advantages.

And yes, I play Mystake. Saw my nerfs coming and will continue to deal with them. Infinite fortitude is all I need. REEE!

14. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

you do know that's complete and utter ******** right? lmao

tamer burst is absolute garbage compared to other classes, stop writing such blatant BS and literal lies and i don't give a flyin what koreans consider tamer , it's not even a top 5 class for 1v1

in what world is tamer a top class for 1v1 when zerker, valk, striker, mystic and even ranger exist?

Ppl in this game are complete garbage and they cherry pick moments from when someone has a buff and think that this is what the class does and not what the buff does. Tamer does high damage with 100% rage absorb and with 5min 30 sec cd buff but without it it's a joke against half+ of the classes in the game and it's not as high as other classes's damage without buffs

SuzyIdle and thejr like this.
  15. Angarato

lol he thinks ranger is a better 1v1 class than tamer.

16. Mesuka

Mesuka Elliasto Tamer 61 NA

i was fighting a 270+ ranger and it is a fact better than tamer its really hard if they kiting well and now u can get shotgun in cloud ride its really bad lol

17. Angarato

thats because the ap scaling is broken. at any other level ranger is absolute trash.

18. Mystake

Valk (pre-nerf, not anymore), striker and mystake can defeat my mystake in single combat. Tamer somehow stands a similar (albeit slightly lower) chance through my increased magic defense (what?), and +500 hp and +300 hp 5-6 sec CD heal cycling, while DK/wizard/witch literally get roflstomped since they are magic attack classes. Zerker struggles greatly. As for ranger, they are free kills ahahahahaha! I enjoy stomping ranger effortlessly ...also, idk how you missed ninja.

Not sure about EU, but in NA our skilled end-game Tamers utilize the "hold W+W hotkey technique to maximize iframe reliability since we have the most spammable iframe flips, then wait for a chance to Void lighting off CD for the free Heilang aoe stun and combo". Give it a shot - it's no Ninja Concealment -> two button win with a 100% escape route like Ninja, but you'll see the resemblance. Then again, it might not work anymore with the new first hit CC only rule.

19. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

Take the gif, use it for whatever, I just made it for the luls. :)

20. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

So today's patch changed basically nothing for us. Anybody actually surprised? ;p