1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fate of Tamers

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by Assilma, May 11, 2018.

1. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Btw, I'm going to add this GIF to the original post of the thread and credit you for it. Hope u don't mind. It's a really good GIF, if u want me to take it down just say so.

2. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

Its for everyone. s'all good lol

3. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

Playing from a witches perspective seeing a tamer anywhere aside from fishing or processing is a very rare site, I pvp alot and from siege/nodes/gvgs and more just rbf now. When it comes to representation tamers need more mainly due to the fact that its such a small population and has become a silent minority.

From a class that sits at the back lines seeing everything I can tell you watching a tamer vault in miss due to desync and combo the air is hilarious but then they are stuck there till there animation is finished and attempt to disengage only to be aoe'd by a valk ult/perma slowed and just die is pretty sad.

I hate tamers because they had good burst potential if everything went perfect but thats never the case and the renown system made it next to impossible to kill someone in a full combo, as an assassin class that fails to assassinate single targets due to poor coding, desync cc rng only to see kunos and ninjas 1 v X kill the target , cc everyone and escape it does make you wonder why you still stick around.

I don't even know your skill's or the combo's you use but seeing tamers support team mates by hitting the mages or cc high pt individuals only for the team to abandon you and hide behind mages who have been acting as front liners for some stupid reason is real depressing and shows you the state of end game pvp. ( that is who ever is left after these recent patches)

PS I tend to have a personal bias because I played witch since January last year but was tamer at launch and didn't really see what the class has become until I started actual pvping.

2018-05-11_185685603.jpg rip.jpg

Other classes do notice you its just that we have more of a voice.

Eri 4, Mif, Mesuka and 6 others like this.
  4. Kprime

Kprime SoSu Ninja 63 NA

Seeing my Friend Jade play Tamer throughout the years id be a fool to not notice Pearl abyss insane Neglect-ion of Tamer and how they treat that class when it comes to patches/reworks. They have Remained an unnappreciated and unpopular class that has **** passives and a summon that doesnt respond properly (heilang). I hope Tamer gets the buff they deserve.

Assilma likes this.
  5. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

ranger has been the best 1v1 class in the game since release

it's actually hilarious that everybody else got nerfed cus they deserved it while tamer was garbage but it's sad that they didnt touch pole jump and the class is gonna remain a meme. I just don't understand how can the skill be left superarmor and then you lose 80% of your hit by some guy 5m behind u like on the gifs

Assilma likes this.
  6. Sawaruna

So I guess all tamers are happy now that they avoided a nerf while getting a buff?
    arguments about tamer being weak shouldn’t be valid anymore I guess.

7. Angarato

dont worry irrelevant will find something to cry about

8. jane7652

jane7652 Tamer 61 NA

still valid as long as this exists https://imgur.com/a/2Hl4wiC as we are basically suiciding into any fight that is not a 1v1 atm. 1v1 is ok though if that is your thing I suppose.

Assilma likes this.
  9. lanzend

Kinda hard to kill what's already dead. But please go on.

Proof that many Witchzards get it. Most of my guildies are Witchzards and get it too. Although getting asked by them at least once daily why I'm still on this "sht class" gets annoying.

#89 lanzend, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  10. Ibirujo

Ibirujo Ibirujo Tamer 62 EU

I don't see how getting something every other class already had is a buff, however Tamer not getting nerfed can be considered a buff at this point lol, because the class is so bad they had no way of making it worse

Assilma likes this.
  11. Kuu

Kuu

Tamers got a buff in that their E-buff is worth using again.

Thelemna likes this.
  12. Sawaruna

here is why tamer shouldn't be buffed anymore
    -RNG wolf that sometimes decides the fight. How cool would it if bdo turned to esports and the game turned around when the wolf landed a RNG cc while the tamer is clearly outplayed but a lucky cc on the enemy?
    -ugly ass character
    -ambiguous age, might look like a loli and sometimes not
    -ugly ass staff
    -annoying squeaks they make when doing attacks
    -riding heilang is op in certain situations

lanzend likes this.
  13. lanzend

lul.

14. Lenerlink

....almost non of those reasons are pvp related...and...if your standing next to a ticking time bomb...wouldn't it be smart to...i dont know move slightly to the left out of its range. Its less rng and more like..."if it can CC you should avoid it"

Thelemna likes this.
  15. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

zzz...

16. Meldaza

can someone legit tell me how do we engage now? my brain still register moonlight strike for my muscle memory @Lenerlink or anyone? love your vids btw

17. jane7652

jane7652 Tamer 61 NA

I know this is a troll post, but even for a troll you can do better:
    * Heilang no longer ccs ppl(this was in a recent patch)
    * Rest but last point is subjective and in no way related to balance.
    * Musa/mae accomplish the same goal holding rmb without removing their ability to use their skills effectively.

18. Lenerlink

Have you tried moonstrike>LBP>All-round Spinner...

19. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

"Safest" engage right now is rabam or shift q on shortsword (u can also cancel former with the latter), cloud ride cancel with LMB also is safe. Lone ppl stuck in void u can still moonlight them or ppl stiffened/knockedback by surging tide etc. Spray scratch is also an option.

This is assuming you can't use moonlight at all, although there are still a few opportunities for the old-school method.

20. Lenerlink

Don't know where you read this but he still CC people.