1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fate of Tamers

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by Assilma, May 11, 2018.

1. CannyOne

I really see no hope at all for Tamers with the current combat mechanics. But I'm ready to give up on BDO in general... So I suppose my attitude it at least partially to blame.

2. Kuu

Kuu

You do realize pretty much every class believes they're the same right. I don't believe you or tamers have a special privilege to sticker shock.

3. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

the fate of tamers = i just don't see it unless they revert things or change things drastically again

pole jump - completely horrible, pulls/ grabs negate it and in group pvp with 10+ people on your screen you can't control what happens, getting hit in the air makes the pc stutter as well, taking huge amounts of damage while attacks are nowhere near you, getting stuck / glitched out and bugged in the air because of pulls (blackhole as well) , random people can do 50% of your hp with a single ability while you're getting up on your pole

this skill will NEVER work without iframe, even if they reduce damage you'll still get glitched out and even if they fix the bug the pulls will still reduce the length and you'll still get hit by attacks that arent even near

oh right then there's the fall animation which happens if you get hit

melee nature - the nature of a melee class is to go in and fight and that means you're exposed to more people than if you sit behind and even in equal number pvp (10v10) if you want to step forward and attack someone as a melee you'll be more likely to get hit by someone but since they removed protections you can't use any skills any more except allround/rabam cus everything else is pretty much screaming "cc me" regardless of your resists when more than 1 person is hitting you . SA/FG made the game feel good for a melee cus you were in control and you knew what's happening and you just had to worry about failing to press bttons on time or damage (and ofc grabs/desync but those were and still are an issue)
    Without SA/FG the gameplay for tamer will never be the same, ever
    you have no range or no hide so there's nothing left and the best way to fight (still) is to just use SA but now your only SA is rabam and fearful and after those 2 you're supposed to get out , or die

this patch destroys tamer cause the class has no unique traits, no hide or chase or range and you have nothing to fall on. The pet damage is still laughable even after buffs it does no damage and the pet cc is anti cc now (cus there's a limit) and void lighting doesn't even work any more (it only ccs in the first 30-40% of the animation and it can be resisted so you cant even expect it to reliably peel for you)

the reason why this patch kills tamer is cus if you're at range you're not as invested and as much at risk as you are while you're in melee range

Once again tamer is the most screwed class out of all (now) 16 classes in the game and if you want to analyze or figure why this always happens to tamer it's very simple - it's because tamer doesn't have any unique mechanics

warr/valk had lingering sa
    musa/mae had chase
    ninja/kuno have hide
    mystic/striker have extra DP, evasion passives, overloaded kits, superarmor grabs.
    rest have range
    zerker is like a mystic-striker-ranger-sorc hybrid

tamer doesn't have either of these, the closest to tamer in terms of design are mystic/striker cus they don't have anything actually unique just very high defense (stats, which can be buffed easily including for tamer) and also their skills have better effects (more SA combined with the extra magic def and evasion) and SA grab and good speed. In a sense tamer has the same skills just with less SA and no damage reduction and less speed

no matter what happens in bdo tamer is going to always get hit the hardest simply because you don't have any unique overpowered trait. The only unique thing tamer has is the pet and the pet is an uncontrollable AI that really doesn't do anything and if they were to drastically change the game without changing the class skills then heilang would have to lose all commanded attacks (LBD,ALLROUND, void lighting etc) because they interrupt your pet and then it would have to get buffed insanely much which will never happen cause people will whine if a 270 ap tamer's pet hits them for 20-30% with auto attacks

in older games where summoners were overpowered they also were casters (had range) and usually had insane debuffs (spiritmaster in aion was completely ridiculous for example) and the pets also did huge damage and there were commanded attacks (that didn't get interrupted by your own casts like tamer pet is) and the pet targeting was much better (cus tab target games) and it could actually chase them

the way i saw it in the old system it was relatively easy to make tamer equal to the other classes https://community.blackdesertonline...s/dream-patch-notes-a-work-of-ficiton.188658/

you just had to buff their melee strength, that way you'd still have no range or chase or hide or mystic striker-s defensive capabilities but you'd have better (and more reliable) offensive capabilities, in a sense you'd be a more offensive melee bruiser

imagine it like this, tamer is Riven from league of legends while mystic is Jax whos slightly tankier but also less explosive but both are somewhat the same role and both are considered bruisers but in bdo tamer is lacking too much to be on the same level

on this new patch? i simply dont ever see tamer being good unless they give iframe back to pole jump and more SA/FG

most of the people that "believe that" are being unreasonable and have no arguments whatsoever

i just gave you all the arguments in this post why tamer concerns are actually valid

Eri 4, unange, SuzyIdle and 5 others like this.
  4. Kuu

Kuu

I believe valks, witches, rangers, warriors, voices and their ability to flame the forums out gun you right now. And they meme better to.

Do you want to publicly trash your gear on video, I'm sure it might actually make your opinions slightly more accurate.

5. Lenerlink

I didt have time to fully test it yesterday as I know for a fact that if I stiff>stun>void someone the would get stiff for 1 second then walk out of void before this patch which is how I came to the conclusion that void is multiple CC after other tests...then again I have 20% resistant and my guildy had 30% ignore and I was still resisting floats and stiffs when testing...so I don't know what to fully believe anymore.

6. VorteX332

VorteX332 Tamer 61 EU

I know, before the patch, if someone was in a full void, the cc counter was at 1.4 i guess cause grab, float and stun didnt work after it. This patch kinda messed it up even more

7. Sorakami

Not exactly special privilege,but tamers have almost always been scrapping the bottom of the barrel with maybe ninja. This is in terms of anything that isnt 1v1. Of course you have those insane tamers that can wipe people,but they are few and far between. Alot of people who only reroll to flavor of the month classes are crying because they arent op anymore. Valks and rangers recently got a little taste of it before getting shut down. Zerkers have been getting a slow collaspe,but tamers have always been near the bottom(atleast thats how i and others beileve)

SuzyIdle, JM, Assilma and 1 other person like this.
  8. Kuu

Kuu

Feels musa,
    sorc's don't exist
    rangers don't seige
    Kunos are there to flash their breasts (the once fad of flesh color clothing)

I think there's a ton more memes to contradict your ideal that tamers were near the bottom, but that's digressing, way way back to the KR KDA charts.

In any event special sunflower we are not, and not not going to wedge myself into the hourly guild chat and channel chat argument on who is the most unluckly class.

If the new balance is mass nerfs, then it is still a a type of sadistic balance. As for bugs neither are they special. All you need to do is look at all the spicy memes and twitch videos going around affecting every class.

So ya this mess is big pile of dung, but playing victim it isn't. Now the race is who has theirs fixed first next week.

9. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

You can say that, but there is no other class in the game currently that has Durability within their kit, ie; Heilang. Him being part of our kit and him being able to die at that too, is flawed design to the fullest.

Also, he is server dependent mob AI. If the server hiccups, so does he.

10. Shadowfibby

Shadowfibby Tamer 62 NA

Not sure if we play the same server but I have resigned myself to afk processing since tamer is beyond useless atm but even I know you are wrong even though I don't pvp.

Musa I have not seen in action so no comment, sorcs are still fine but in comparison to the other class's 'fine' they can still frag kills and kill pretty fast, rangers DO siege they still top frag manup and I only watched them nodewar I wonder how many others I would find top fragging if I actively searched,

kunos I cannot speak for but I hear from experienced players specifically some EU players that they are quite strong. If you were also to use memes as something to refer class balance to then you would say valk is the lowest of the lowest at the moment judging from the absolutely insane level of reddit brigading they did yesterday, 10+ threads all valks complaining but they are only on the same level as the rest of us useless reject classes. They in fact do not deserve any special treatment at all, considering they were absolutely overpowered for so long.

The fact is, irrelevant and many other actually experienced tamers have proven to you many times that tamers are the worst class in BDO but all you can to deconstruct their arguments is to tell them to blow their gear up riiiiight,

11. Sorakami

While i can agree with what you said,I'll have to make a comment on those classes.
    Musa had pve and with the recent buffs became very pvp reliable.
    Sorcs have their insane but needed iframes,if a few tweaks were made,they could be almost as good as original dk.
    Ranger has range,sadly their awakening is melee for some stupid reason.
    Kuno has more sustain and protections than ninja.
    I never meant tamer was the only bad class,but she basically doesnt exist in any stand point. Want pve go musa. Want pets,go witch/wiz. Want pvp,go warrior (before recent changes). We had 1 thing that made us different,and even it got taken away. Even those kda charts are heavily flawed. If my memory serves me right,it said tamer was just under warrior in terms of kda which is impossible. Ive grown to learn that almost everything thesw devs put out as statistics is complete trash. Just my opinion though

12. Hooters

Hooters Solairity Tamer 61 NA

The chart is flawed because Koreans don't pick characters because they're op they pick them because they enjoy how they look or they're playstyle. Korea has more tamers than any other region and less wiz and witches. They need to remove the patches from this whole month completely people need to stop being white knights.

13. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

and this post is the perfect example of why you troll

LOL at "feels musa" are you kidding me? they kept SA on their most important skills and i think their E buff still gives them 30 sec SA on crosscut im not sure but they also have a good superbuff and they have their speed and they're nowhere near the bottom

sorcs don't exist? lmao this patch buffed sorcs but nerfed their 1vX but since most ppl are Xv1 players they're happy. I got info from sorc discord that the majority of bad players were happy with the changes. If sorc lost 20 power level others lost 50 and tamer lost 100 so yeah sorc got hit but others got hit harder and they benefit probably the most

rangers still have insane bow damage and range and speed

kuno is op as hell cus they can have infinite SA since they kept their 3s cd skill with SA and they also have SA on their spin and on tendon slice which is even more op now cus its so easy to land a cc with it. Also they have hide lol @ ur trolling i wish i was a moderator on these forums really

i explained in my post why tamer is always gonna be the worst and you can't counter that cus those are the facts

tamer IS the only class that got hit super hard on this patch and that's cus you have no redeeming qualities and cus your role got hit the hardest as well.

the role that got hit the least = ranged backline, THEN HIDE USERS , then frontline (warrior/valk - they got nerfed but their role not so much cus they have allies usually and that makes up for the nerfs), then striker and mystic then musa/maehwa and then tamer cus it doesnt have hide or exceptional speed or tankiness

SuzyIdle and Mesuka like this.
  14. Sawaruna

Wizard is the weakest class now, literally only good thing about wizard is he dmg and now it’s gone.
    If this change is perm, then wizards will need buff first before tamer gets one.

15. Shadowfibby

Shadowfibby Tamer 62 NA

Pretty sure people say witch is worse than wizard so if you want to say witchards are bad witch is worse. As for their recent nerfs/bugs in damage it is well deserved and you can expect absolutely no sympathy from anyone from any class as they have dominated pvp for SO long just like the valk situation, ESPECIALLY a tamer sub forum, a class that until recently got the 30% additional magic damage from wizard/witch stealth removed.

16. 920

920 Ninetwenty Tamer 62 EU

All the ****ing valks complain because they got used to being the most OP monster in this joke of a game.

I mean they had it all , they had tankiess , they had sustain , they had insane speed (probably the fastest class in the game ) , they had almost perfect SA , they had huge DMG burst.

Of course , the crybabies got used to being OP for no effort whatsoever so what they are doing right now is spamming the whole world in order to draw some attention to non exzisiting issues. They cant adapt they cant even think for themseleves.

17. no_nic

no_nic No_Nic Valkyrie 62 EU

18. Sawaruna

Dominating 1v1 pvp? That’s tamer

19. Faoiltiarna

Faoiltiarna Tamer EU

How do you enjoy the 0 damage tamer future? Get over 265AP or you basically are useless... Pity that blizzard got nerfed the moment i made a wizard alt :(

20. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

Currently on ninja kuno watch in RBF spamming chain lightning to detect them, hit one they unstealth and get stiffened then I get cc'd from behind by another 2 kunos and am stuck till death. Forums say its dead class BA says dead class but they're still there lurking in the shadows.

Valk stamina change killed this class, goes to RBF 5 valks on a team spamming vacuums same with the sorcs iframes in sorc ball everyone gets dragged in the we all wipe, most rounds they tend to have most points as well, dead class?

The same can be said with all classes from the beginning of class balancing last month to this last patch supposedly no ones playing them anymore, goes in toRBF que 59/60 people wtf should just be witches and wizards then from what Im hearing, but that not the case as there seems to be a healthy representation of the so called dead classes there.

3 hrs later of OPness being a witch having anywhere between 200-500 pts on me ,looks around "****" Ive only been trying to stay alive and not get ganked by zoops and shadows.I remember there was another so called assassin .... the tamer, why wasn't I trying to watch out for them? Simple cause there are none, some days I may see 1 but for days I wont come across them at all.

On the RBF score board there use to be 1 or 2 now its just warrior followed by witch/wiz and then those who have decided to continue with there class instead of being a fotm reroller, but the tamers who use to be there are gone and have been for months, long before renown and current patches. Why because they're a dead class one that no one wants to play them because:

1. It actual requires some skill
    2. squishy as hell
    3. desync aids
    4. Why bother when you can play something that is OP and will continue to be so: warrior/valk wiz/witch and all new classes.

I defend tamers more then my own class cause you cant get any lower then dead, I actually like this game even with the crap going on :(.
    Tamer when?

Meldaza, Shadowfibby, lanzend and 4 others like this.