1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fate of Tamers

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by Assilma, May 11, 2018.

1. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

1v1's dont win castles or nodes.

why people still argue this?

irrelevant likes this.
  2. Lenerlink

Well think of of it this way... Witches want to be able to survive 1v1 fights somewhat with people of equal gear and tamers want to survive having deal with CC coming in every direction with our low def... One wants what the other has

Crimson_Scarlet likes this.
  3. TheYoda

o, Hay bby<3

4. Faoiltiarna

Faoiltiarna Tamer EU

And then there are "hybrids" with both of those abilities: sorcs, mystics, strikers, warriors, valks...

5. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

tamer doesnt dominate 1v1 either, and this guy doesn't play eu/na he's just here to troll

so i just had my first siege on this patch since i've been avoiding pvp as much as i can and i have no intention to do pvp

my guild is sitting in the castle using ranged abilities > i dont have ranged abilities i can't do anything
    i go outside to street fight / interfere people > that's where enemy comes from so the chance of meeting 1+ people or getting zerged after i engage is LITERALLY 90%+ (which means 9 out of 10 encounters it'll be 1vX)
    > i cant outrun a single class without speed buffs as tamer
    > I can't use any skills except resonance cus its the only superarmor left in the entire kit

how the **** do you "overcome and adapt" ? oh yeah, by rerolling or quitting completely. there's absolutely nothing you can do, pole jump isn't even a good disengage any more cus pulls or random skills (meteor hit me for 60% during pole jump earlier)

i thought tamer is bad before, now i'm speechless - saying the class is in the dumpster is the biggest understatement one could make - there's absolutely and completely nothing you can do in 1vX against geared people as tamer on this patch except if resonance oneshots them or something cus its the only skill left

****ing speechless how can they butcher a class so badly , what happens now?

unange, Meldaza, 920 and 7 others like this.
  6. SuzyIdle

kuu, I gave you a profile pic please use it

7. SnailsHouse

SnailsHouse Tamer 63 EU

I don't play RBF (Not interested at the moment) but I am grinding to level 62 as tamer what means that I will never leave this class no matter the problem and I am glad about your comment when your class is not tamer <3

Assilma likes this.
  8. Lenerlink

im surprise no one said anything about how heilang damage is now equal to his pre-awakening after this patch when performing awakening moves

9. Netreiam

At least you guys can still pve though while you wait for changes, right?

Honestly at this point I’m probably going to pick up my tamer again just so that I have a decent class to pve with since it seems both Valkyrie and ranger got their legs blown off.

That said, I think what irrelevant said about tamer’s lack of gimmick is interesting. I’ve contemplated class roles a lot but tamer was always the class that never seemed to fit into any role. It’s a pet class, but what does that mean in combat? If this was a tab target game, then another hit box would have the regular benefit of making her hard to pin down for single target classes, but since this is action combat and AoEs are not affected by hit boxes Heilang is just extra damage and occasionally random cc.

The way Heilang is handled you can tell PA stopped looking at her pet seriously after they made the class. I mean you have a mechanic that allows you to freaking ride him and it affects half of the preawakebing skills but it’s useless and hasn’t been updated? Why?

I wish they would focus more on what makes tamer unique instead of just buffing damage or protections, otherwise why play the class when you have better disrupters, assassins, flankers, and any other role that you could maybe say tamer does?

10. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

I can only urge anyone who claims that Tamer suffers just as much as other classes from this patch (hello Kuu you shill) to play anything that goes beyond some T1 meme nodewars and see if his claims hold any water. That class is de facto unplayable.

None of the protected skills have even remotely enough combined damage to dispose of anyone and the moment you even think about using anything unprotected you're obviously going to get curbstomped out of this galaxy because in this game you get a 1vs1 situation once every blue moon. Unlike Kuno/Ninja we don't have Stealth either (obviously) so people see you coming from miles away and can be more than prepared for an encounter.

Gap closer? Yeah, try rolling the unprotected Moonlight dice or use the snail speed 57 Rabam. Or waste your only escape skill for a hail mary engage - might as well after all, since SA on pole jump just asks for yourself to get grabbed or downright killed during its stupidly long animation. I see a Wizard casting blue orb, sheathing his weapon and simply running away and I can't do fuсking anything about it because being the squishiest class isn't enough apparently, no - Tamer also doesn't deserve to have any kind of mobility to compensate for any of its shortcomings. How funny is that? A class that has been touted for years to be super mobile by some clueless reddit and forum warriors can't even catch someone who simply holds Shift + W.

No AoE, no protection, no mobility, no range, no goddamn nothing. Imagine if the distribution of class characteristics (i.e tankiness, damage, mobility) would follow any form of logic in this stupid game. Considering that both tankiness and mobility are easily 0/10, think about how much more damage this class would have to deal in order to gain any kind of redeeming qualities.

This game is already an absolute joke in its current form, but Tamer as a class surely is the cherry on top. I can't believe that I wasted so much time and energy on this class, and I merely rerolled from Witch like 7 months ago (how to become irrelevant over night btw), so I can only feel utterly sorry for anyone who endured this ѕhit since release. Rolling Tamer was one of the most regrettable mistakes I ever made, followed right by starting this retarded game in the first place.

Eri 4, SuzyIdle, LigtZ and 2 others like this.
  11. Is uh, no one else tired of raging? Yeah, it sucks hard. Take some time off or quit at this point.

But for the people who still plan to play, maybe start looking up from here?

Anyone else notice that tamer v tamer 1v1 is super long now? It used to be that no matter the gear difference (and I mean even up to a 50 gs difference) tamer 1v1 was over in a matter of seconds with or without pet even when the lower gs kills the higher.

Now there are engages, disengages, comebacks and reversals that don't just feel like a roll of the dice on sa/if desync.

Has no one else noticed that? Or are people still airing complaints without playing the patch?

12. Lenerlink

...well most people here like* the SA meta where you spam SA till something finally went through, rushing in totally* protected* without much care for positioning, wise choices and situational awareness due to the fact that SA took out half of those factors making it much... easier*

I dont mind* what they are doing. They are trying to make it so no one can play the hero unless astronomically high in gs and resistance. But the problem deals with them trying to balance 1v1 and node/siege all in one way while still trying to be a sandbox game Its...impossible. The way this game is set up makes balancing a nightmare especially when they added SA/Front guards to most awakenings.

Tbh i thought awakening was going to be a stance that you swap to that gave you lots of power for a limited amount of time and that time regen over time...like your guard bar so you can go in and out of awakening but cant stay in it for long periods of time ( or your bar is very long but usage of skills will delete it faster...and your black spirit 100% could refill it upon use). I think that would have made for a better experience instead of giving everyone the MVC2 experience which was fun...but unbalance.

13. Sawaruna

Why does castle and node even matter when grinding earn ways more?
    1v1 decides who takes the spot.
    Tamers should stop spreading propaganda that they are the weakest class and clearly now witch and wizard are weaker.
    One shotting tamers are considered the rights of wizard and witches and pa just took away that.
    They took away our one good thing which is pure destructive dps.
    In all other games mages always instant kill with range attack but not bdo now it seems.

14. TheYoda

You're mad at the wrong person lol

15. Makena

The problem with the game is that instead of defined roles or having something to bring to group all skills do nothing for allies unless you are a Valk,Witch or Wizard. And no it does not matter if you flip to another class. The problem is still there and always will be because they are way too busy making the next playable character to look back at anything they may have screwed up. I would comment on these changes but I have less play time since the game started crashing a lot since these "balance" changes.

16. lanzend

Saw DarkCrusade Pulling 1500 trash at Hystria yesterday w/o a loot scroll which is what most classes can pull at 270 AP since the Ranger wotw nerf. Sorcs are top dog at Hystria now.

17. Syun

Syun Seeon Tamer 61 NA

Disgusting
    [​IMG]

#157 Syun, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
  18. Faoiltiarna

Faoiltiarna Tamer EU

haahahahahaha

Reuter, TheYoda and Assilma like this.
  19. Netreiam

Cool, the 0.01% can still pve fine because the monsters in hysteria don’t die in 1 skill, what about the people who don’t have 270 AP?

Stop trying to use outliers to define a group.

Running weapons sheathed is faster than spamming DLC, but it’s not like half the people who cry about valk ever bothered to learn anything about the class.

Sheesh, complaining about people complaining in a thread that is supposed to be focusing on tamers. Such mature, very cool, much superior, wow.

Syun likes this.
  20. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

lol please

1st; where did you find a tamer to actually fight him

2nd there was no roll on the dice on sa before, there is now, the pvp isn't longer by any means maybe you just don't know how to use your shortsword - xcept with lbp but lbp hasn't been changed and if anything you're supposed to rely on lbp more cus you dont have lbd any more

there were disengages/re-engages before cus you actually had skills to do these things with, there aren't now

3rd how is 1v1 gonna help me do any content in this game? nw siege rbf

SuzyIdle and Mesuka like this.