1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the game is NOT fine right now

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by irrelevant, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Boojangles

what skill does that?

2. Mesuka

Mesuka Elliasto Tamer 61 NA

When you don't have a comeback after you get called out/flame so you try to correct their spelling lmao seen this to many times.

Josh28, TheYoda and Reuter like this.
  3. Zogre

*too many times. Sorry, couldn't resist.

4. Columba

Read the first sentence. I only correct illiterates

5. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

Stay on topic tho.

6. Columba

The game is fine now..

7. Escapism

You know sand is fine, but its not fine that its so irritating and gets everywhere.

By the way, the expression "it's just fine" means that its not exactly good, but it's not too bad either. This heavily depends on context, the same expression in a different context can mean something is excellent/above average, it can also mean something is bad, but you want to say it in a nice way.

8. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

idk... Still feels a bit like they never really finished the so-called balancing. I still think some classes need looking at and improving a little and toning down a little. That's just my opinion though as i heard they were totally finished with the class balancing now o.o

9. Entharias

Entharias Dreadhood EU

I just think they need to tone down CC a bit more, then PvPc should be fine, imo.

10. Skyblade

Kakao is a small indie company. They are doing everything they can to fix the game!

11. Arcticcz

As I look back and think about everything that was done with BDO since release ... Time to uninstall I guess because we are riding down all the way to the MMO graveyard as devs and distributor only think about how to make more easy cash rather than how to make a game that would attract ppl to pay for it and it's purchasable content :)

Do you member when they said there would never be any pearl items to influence game mechanics in shop and then stuff like VP and other even worse trash was placed into game?

[​IMG]

Josh28 and iller like this.
  12. RP Tzuyu

they make lifeskiller hard by making them enhance tons and tons of gears

13. iller

...yeah I remember back in late fall of 2016 when the server pop had gone from crowded on most servers to not 1 single server ever being crowded and there literally being no one still leveling up in the story content areas... we're even talking about Chimeras being completely empty.
    ... that was also when they added outfit-selling-on-MP which that LazyPeon tard lost his sh** over...​
    People were saying "Game's dying!", and I said "No, it's got a couple more years left still, mainly b/c it has NO COMPETITION"

I remember last year *AFTER* it went on steam and had the huge resurgence pretty much no one else expected but the inevitable Steam-Collapse was starting to set in and Kamasylve ended up being a flop for everyone except Gyfin farmers.

People were once again saying "Game's dying!", and I said "No, nodewarring's still competitive, it's probably got another year left in it"

Then in 2018 they did something even I didn't see coming... (this shyte back in January)
    [​IMG]
    (and then this even worse shyte in april)
    [​IMG]
    NOW... only now, am I willing to admit the game is heading for the final population plunge...
    ... which would put it in that category of "Zombie MMO" that ones like Vindicus, Tera, and Wildstar have been in where it's not quite clear WHY it isn't being shut down (b/c NC Soft especially is notorious for shutting down games even when they're still kinda sorta making some money back). ... and the reasons are:
    • It's been in complete Content-Drought this ENTIRE YEAR. (for NA/EU only)
    • New players and even casual Long-Time players have no chance to "compete" anymore.
    • Even though less than 15% of the population still plays this game for end-game PvP, that WAS the main motivator that kept a fire lit under everyone's asses so they wouldn't be completely embarassed when some Rando attacked them outside safe zones (b/c atleast last year, if you were in a guild, you could still get help to kill that really geared player) ... but too many people have just completely stopped being able to care anymore because even getting guildies to help you typically won't change the outcome.
    • ...and finally... it's GETTING real competition now in the sandbox genre... multiple new Western MMO's are now in a playable state either through early access or crowdfunding. And older Instancing MMO's have gotten huge improvements too which have led to the Friends-of-players here, talking them into taking another look at those other games... (Warframe, ESO, FF14, PS2, GW2 ...even WOW...)

In short...
    Pearl Abyss got way overconfident with the hype around their stupid Mobile game and they've turned BDO itself into a c**k-Sleeve for every half-assed dildo-mechanic that not even Ken Levine or Notch or Peter Molyneux would try to hamfist into a Franchise they were actively attempting to Kill (out of spite for revenge in how hard it pigeon holed them as Designers). They've begun to kill their own game and there's nothing we can do to stop it

#193 iller, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  14. 2Cents

So in short it was the failure of the players who thought they could play an MMO for PVP? Instead of an actual PVP game that was 100% designed for players to FIGHT EACH OTHER?

15. Josh28

I suppose your conclusion could've been worse like saying it was their parent's fault for giving birth to gamers seeking PVP in a game where most content is pve/life skill.

This game proclaimed to be pvp-based action combat and attracted a lot of people like me and my friends who admired those pro-pvp-ers on twitch which also pulled people here until that environment was drastically changed.

However, those who aren't affected by these changes, or spent most of their time trying to win arguments in the forum cannot understand how cheated many players feel. Well, shame on us for expecting too much of companies that don't give a shiiiiet about its customers and tries horrible gambles for new ones...

Fearless V and Blackhearted like this.
  16. Columba

That's a darned shame!

17. Rayin

So in short you can't make a decent conclusion because person A says "the sky is blue", person B says "...and there are some clouds" and then person 2Cents joins the discussion saying "and those problems are basically ruining our economy, gotcha" showing once again that shìtposting is an art more than a simple ability.

#197 Rayin, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  18. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Maehwa NA

Wrong in my post? Hardly. I think there is a disconnect between your brain and reality if you think anything you credit to being a "brain" worthy of listening to as far as this game goes, by others, would see better results.

As to the league comment, League gets popularity from top end competition yes, but because the game is actually and legitimately fun for a MOBA. Proof being in the other number of multiple MOBA like games that have tried to upsur and take the playerbase it has. Hell, even DOTA 2 by some regard tails behind LoL and it was premiere before LoL was.

NA is actually respectfully good in a lot of things, there have been numerous occasions in gaming, not just Fighting Games either. Yet then again, there you go talking out of your neck. As not even in fighters is NA number one, that would be Japan. Though if you actually turned on something factual, say an EVO, a Capcom Cup, or you know, actually did some research, you would know better. Similar though to the same reflection of your knowledge for BDO. Like I said, even a tired meme / broken clock, can be right twice in a day. You just exceed your usual capital by blathering on at a rabid and almost concerning rate.

Also thanks for the psuedo "Kill count" swerve ala "Gold Player." I knew you could not go without countering me without finding some way to range skill when we have never crossed pixel swords, and probably never will.

19. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Maehwa NA

The outcome would be pretty clean and a lot more relevant than your attempt to hypeman someone who is known for being ousted as fraudulent. I am already credited on forums that matter, and BDO "Official" is not one of them. Then again, that is the ultimate difference in Lemon and I; I know my worth, and others know my worth by extension. So I do not have to tell other people they need to listen to me, they just do. I never set the standard (dumb tutorials as you called them) but hey, you said it, not me. I guess the general player, you included has to think of that whenever you can.

They have been proven multiple times to not correlate in the way Lemon has declared. He/She/Whatever they are, has been exposed and blown up for that by not just staff, but proven wrong in data mine info, as well as by other players who actually HAVE experience with the class that Lemon has none in. If you want to get your kicks trying to defend a troll and a very asinine character in Lemon, by all means, do so. Yet watch where you step, or you will get blown sky high trying to avoid all these pieces of evidence when you backpeddle out of the warzone.

20. 2Cents

They can't cool down CC that is the problem. CC has always been a FIX to the BROKEN mechanics. Want to allow a person to change locations every .5 seconds............... good luck hitting them.

Thus, CC was introduced. It's the ONLY way to actually hit players.

The correct design would have been to NEVER ALLOW such absurd mobility.