1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the game is NOT fine right now

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by irrelevant, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Columba

I face decent players who seem to be able to handle range. I suggest you learn how to play your class from them. Your constant complaints about range just embarrassing at this point.

2. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

@irrelevant is absolutely spot on about range though especially when it comes to engaging Rangers as a melee class because, even if you can facetank/dodge damage on the engage you are then faced with a ranged class that somehow has a better melee weapon than most melee classes.

Eloway, Reigne Irkalla and Kaishang like this.
  3. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Well they did work over 6 months on remastering game.

4. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

I blame lotr for ruining people imagination, people who think ranger is all about shooting arrow on enemies make me sad panda ;(
    In my times ranger used to mean much more.

Kaishang likes this.
  5. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

The BDO Ranger was literally all about range though. It has nothing to do with dark elf/assassin stuff.

In the context of BDO, having a class that can deal damage at range as well as being very good melee is unworkable.

6. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

Get outta here with that solid logic. Logic and therefore compromise and smart suggestions are not allowed on this forum.

Tvvin and Blackhearted like this.
  7. Josh28

I suddenly feel compelled to say the game is super good right now and very balanced since I started playing Kuno... Yay, I have a working class! I can join the white knight crusade to fix the game by saying everything is alright and there's no need to complain.

Ahem! Keep calm, people, and ignore the opinions that disagree with yours. All that complain are wrong and evil people trying to destroy the game they so much hate. You need to get good at your class, pray at RNG before every fight, and remember that if you lose, it's not because classes aren't balanced or PA screwed, it's because you suctioned, you play on a calculator powered by a potato battery or have free-trial AOL internet.

8. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

calling someone retard isnt an insult then, as you are just innocently guessing that they have rteally low iq.
    wouldnt that just be a final nail in the coffin for combos? imagine 60% shorter BOUND duration. people would be up from the floor before you finish casting the skill that does bound.

9. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

Would only work if Cast Speed/Attack Speed was made to be a noticeable increase and went above 5 levels.

You have to remember, many of our mechanics were developed for a much slower paced game, where people couldn't one combo others. Mechanics simply need to be updated for the faster pace is all.

10. jangalangz

11. aswedishtiger

He literally says exactly whats "not fine" about the game in this entire post and says it in the post you screenshoted and tried to expose him?

fail post is fail

12. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

so game is fine even tho massive part of game is not fine... kinda confusing but its still FINE or is it fine?

13. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 63 NA

Game's not fine, no. It's really not that terrible either, however.

Ranged attacks...well, in RBF it's not such a joke. You can be more aware, you can at times avoid **** if you're looking for it coming. Though the idea that we should be able to avoid everything is a joke to me. I don't think it's a truly valid complaint. You gon' get shot, blown up, frozen, zapped and all that from angles you aren't watching.

The best way to avoid it is plot your attack a little better. It still won't solve all the problems, but it does help. I think the grabs and desynch are a bigger issue than ranged attacks.

14. Lunarbender

Lunarbender Sorceress 59 NA

Probably been asked already, but why on Earth are you trying to kill AFK people? How pety can someone be?

15. Oren steel

am sure you are aware than ppl can afk even in rbf right? it nothing new or he could be testing out the cc rng on an idle player. the fact that he didn't spell out exactly the reason doesn't mean you should jump into conclusions

16. Jensen

just as idiotic as you thinking thats what he meant

Rayin likes this.
  17. Lunarbender

18. Lunarbender

Explain? Thanks :)

19. Jensen

i dont even

hes saying that it basically doesnt matter, your opponent might as well be afk (or unprepared or you catch him by surprise) when you attack him, and you can still get ****ed by resist rng and still lose
    in an era where people die in a 1 grab or 1 kd, its like playing a slot machine every time you fight someone

20. Lunarbender

Idk, it sounds like he's speaking from experience here.