1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the game is NOT fine right now

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by irrelevant, Jul 27, 2018.

1. jangalangz

Irrelevant can't make his mind up. He made that post about the game being fine before creating a thread saying the game is NOT fine xD.

2. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

@CM Kabz @CM Servantes @CM Richter

does our feedback matter at all? can u guys just come out and say "no, koreans do what they want". That's all i need and i won't complain about balance any more

and i'm actually curious what does kakao think about balance and pvp and stuff like that, like your opinions even tho im pretty sure u guys dont do pvp on a daily basis

right now ranger and sorc are so ridiculously overpowered it's not fair at all whatsaoever, i honestly feel like fighting a sorc/ranger is like fighting someone whos blatantly exploiting and cheating . In my eyes they're pretty much cheating

the **** damage from distance is way too high, the hitboxes are way too stupid and insane it basically hits the entire screen in front of you but its ranged and the mobility is just stupid, they have way too much of everything and they can sit in middle of their allies and you can't do much about it and that's when ppl are even bad , imagine if they were actually good

rangers shooting their bow 10m away from me getting a cc on me then being able to follow it up twice without even having to move while doing more damage than melee, their ranged knockdown has faster cast than melee skills do. I'm pretty sure if you put a ranger next to a melee class and they both start using the cc at the same time, the ranger will get it first even tho its a bow cc

honestly i think if you banned rangers/sorcs from doing node wars , sieges and red battlefield until they were toned down it would actually be fair even if it sounds ridiculous

and then there's the issue how having 275 ap vs 255 ap is like 100 ap difference which is just idiotic no matter how u look at it. It's actually impossible to balance a game where the stat scaling is so stupid cause then you get classes that can abuse stats much better than other classes. Stats need to be absolutely even at any enchant level and getting higher gear will still give you bonus but it won't be as ridiculous as it is now

3. Lorai

Lol Sorc op since release... I Live thos threads

4. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

Don't forget ESO which is the same. A PvE game that has more PvP than BDO. But these aren't Korean MMOs that is only interested on squishing your wallet dry. They are Western Flagship MMOs built and made to last.

Sorry BDO will not outlast Western MMOs that have content, and are built as flagship with the long road in mind. Not the Korean cash grab and run mentality.

iller likes this.
  5. HairaQ

they earn alot of money on us, and now they dont give f. about us - it is in some way players fault - payed so much money for crappy game so why they need do something to make this game better when money comes so easy? - it is called SCAM.
    :(. yeah time for true western mmo.

Josh28 and Fearless V like this.
  6. thdsm

This is incorrect though, there have been multiple cases of skills having their pvp damage buffed or nerfed without written multipliers changing, and the reverse of multipliers changing but the patch notes explicitly saying that it only affects pve. Also there are numerous example of skills having higher multipliers and big pve damage but low pvp damage (and yes, after you take crit and special attacks into consideration) and vice versa. Not sure if it is every skill, but a lot of them do really have an individual pvp modifier, so percentages are absolutely pointless to bring as an argument. Other than that I don't disagree with this thread.

Smilence likes this.
  7. Josh28

It is sad how a game you love goes downhill like this. And ignoring the current state or saying everything is fine does not make it better. This game was in good condition (not the best, I suffered to 1 shot combos too but I looked forward to being that good) then it was taken by a dude that wanted change and didn't know how to go about it and completely destroyed that which attracted people in the first place.

I changed classes twice to give this game a chance at recovering, and engaged in life skill more, but pve got boring with no content, bosses are crap now and no fix in sight, so I simply can't have fun anymore.

Whoever can ignore the desync, the unbearable lag after logging in or change character, the messed up pvp/gear balance... and STILL enjoy this game, I bow down to thee! I crave new content and progress beyond soft-cap is effing frustrating. Maybe dreighan will revive this game...if it's still playable by then. The life skill gear is a good idea but not worth it and too inconvenient...I won't enjoy it either.

For now, I shall go spend money and time elsewhere.

8. Columba

Ban rangers and sorcs, HAHAHAHA. The day would not be complete without this guy whining about ranged classes, lol. L2P!

9. Mesuka

Mesuka Elliasto Tamer 61 NA

The day you show your in game name will be the happiest day of my life, I would even go on eu if thats ur main region just to see how bad you are in pvp.

Reuter likes this.
  10. Columba

You aren’t terribly bright, are you? Besides, I’ve never claimed to be good at pvp, so what will that prove, lol?

Rizzly likes this.
  11. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

He will kill player in pvp game :D

Columba likes this.
  12. Mesuka

Mesuka Elliasto Tamer 61 NA

If your not good than why do you even bother with your input on pvp? Its pointless since you even say yourself that your not good at pvp. Its like giving ur input on how to build a house when you know nothing about how to do it lol.

Edit: ur just a troll that know how to bend the rules so mods dont ban you lul.

Reuter likes this.
  13. ambyentlight

Nope they dont give a **** and instead make it so hackers get more and more silvers without doing the right thing by banning them all as they destroy the whole games ecconomy. This game is a joke because of its care factor zero devs and will die so fast if a game similar to this with asgood or better graphics appears.

14. HairaQ

every tamer who is 61+ will agree with you, people dont understand because they dont play it.
    heaving alt on 58 rely dont mean you know issue of the such ****ed character as tamer.
    comparing tamer and wizard dps and telling it is the same... it is insane - insanity in true form.
    numbers on paper and efective damage are 2 different things.

wizzards event dont know what **** accuracy is - they will nerfed for couple of seconds and scream form hell come. I am wizz i lost 45% of my dps - ****ing acuracy... ble ble ble. tamer is magical class (use mana!) she should not use accuracy too! :P

and if she is magical - she should have passive to resists for magic damage, and not be very tanky.
    and what passive she has? 25 weight and ulalal 50hp. ? some joke of sick engineer in pearl abys

#174 HairaQ, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  15. Columba

So you presume to be a moderator now? Lol. It’s youre by the way - the contraction of you plus are. Your is the second person, personal pronoun. You’re welcome (please note the spelling).

#175 Columba, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Yuusayn likes this.
  16. 2Cents

Why would anyone need to give you the answer. There are OVER 2 years of evidence to blatantly state exactly how things will be.

It's not THEIR responsibility at this point it's YOURS

You figure it out.

17. Sebastianz

Tjaranis, thank you for your post. It was thoughtful and the effort is appreciated. I did take the time to read them all.

18. Karmek

If you still care about BDO's PvP in 2018 then there's a huge ****ing issue in your head.

19. iller

I just want to point out, that anyone who's really interested in Sieges, and Territory conquest, and building your own Forts to defend, and this high mobility FPS type aiming combat system on top of all that in a RvRvR context... well you're not solely limited to only BDO or Archeage (or Bless if you can even count it as one), b/c Camelot's long wait to Beta is finally over (it began this morning) and the people who are genuinely interested in helping to build a stable long lasting version of this type of sandbox MMO through rigorous testing (without the RNG & Pay2Win crap tainting every inch of it) ... can actually go do something about it now by supporting an American developer for a change and leave these confused and uncreative Korean folks to their own game(s)'s destruction.

#179 iller, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  20. Zogre

If you never played a Korean MMO before I understand why you would be mad. I'm a 6 year TERA veteran, so when I came into BDO none of this surprised me much - I expected nothing different. The changes brought to TERA received a lot of backlash from NA/EU but were well received in Korea. You can see the same element that drove NA/EU people away from TERA creeping into BDO; the over focus on female classes and skimpy cash shop outfits and a struggling PvP system as well as a general feeling that NA/EU feedback is ignored by devs. The insane grind and RnG is a staple feature of Korean MMOs.

Yeah, large scale PvP may be messed up and unbalanced; but that's a given in almost any game with such large numbers involved. What would be much more interesting to see is some sort of auto queuing and ranking system for small group pvp, say 4v4 or 5v5 with meaningful rewards, along with 1v1s. Otherwise Battle Royales and MOBAs are currently the place to go for action packed and reasonably well balanced competitive PvP.

EDIT: Also those praising American or European developers are quite misguided, especially in the realm of Action combat MMOs. Western MMOs that have tried action combat have fallen flat, and the traditional tab-target combat becomes quite stale after you've experienced action combat. Truth is MMOs are a declining breed for a more hardcore (or masochistic) audience and times are changing.

#180 Zogre, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018