1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The graphical remaster. .

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by iKaneki_Ken, Dec 4, 2017.

1. iKaneki_Ken

Will it fix the pop ins? If not, it's kind of pointless if the only time the game looks good is when you're standing still, or taking pictures.

#1 iKaneki_Ken, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  2. Azalel

No, it's just like SweetFX :D

3. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

One could only hope but is just eye candy. You can do a few things to minimize pop-ins a bit. Install BDO in an SSD drive. Get stronger graphics card and more/faster system ram. Its a shame that BDO was not optimized at all and the only thing they are doing to fix it is reducing its file size.

4. Durakus

Probably not, doesn't seem like an engine rework, just an additional lighting system.

5. Asterotis

It's using a new lighting engine called YEBIS from Japan's Silicon Studio, as shown from the trailer earlier this year. They've stated that it won't affect the game's performance, which makes me think that this is just an injector of sorts.

As for optimization, they've apologized recently for that, and seem to be shrinking the game's files in order to alleviate that, not sure how it's working out for most though.

#5 Asterotis, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Roechacca likes this.
  6. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

Polished shet is still shet. Sorry to burst your fart bubble.

7. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

its probably just a new shader like those ones for minecraft, nothing too big of a deal.

8. Roechacca

I can correct most of the pop in problems on my own end but you're right. That's the main issue in BDO's graphics. It's intentional though to limit crashes on older rigs. The graphics team for Pear is pretty damn good if I'm going to be honest and critical at the same time. They're dealing with MMO graphics and all the variations on client ends. I hope whatever they add brings more details out and less poppins but I'll take pop ins over crashes and lag anyday. There's no real load screens for them to cheat corners here.

9. ChunksAhoy!

Go on....?

10. ghoulz666

This crap only reserved for fecal covered ultra setting?

11. ronniejw

Most of the pop ins were eliminated when I purchased a new computer about eight months ago. Still happens a little bit but the difference for me, between my old and new computer, was huge.