1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Great Expedition Preview

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Oct 11, 2019.

1. hightech

That would be so awesome :D

[​IMG]

2. Joungf

I made a suggestion and poll in the old forum some years ago. Many player loved that idea and were willing to pay for a 3D figure of their characters they put a lot of work and effort to design and dress them. But unfortunately neither PA nor the publisher considered offering this to their customers / player ...

3. Aikatears

Aikatears Tearslight Ranger 49 NA

4. Balrogos

I hope they live sea monster hunting as it is i just started doing this, it would be not fair for people who just started making money vs people who doing this for so long time and get billions.

5. Lurien

Lurien Battleborn Tamer 62 EU

That means between Q1 2020 to Q4 2027, right?

gekko and Wodur like this.
  6. Wodur

"Expedition to be added?

Currently, we are working hard to add more contents to The Great Expedition, while preparing to provide you with an enjoyable update as soon as possible. We're almost there, so please hold on to your helms just a little more!"

So frankly speaking, eerrr we need to watch the launch of AA:U before we give out any info...isnt it odd that the same day that character pre-creation opens up or atbleast the day before kakao oulls this rabbit out of the hat...hmmm.

TIT/\N likes this.
  7. DonKiller

DonKiller DonKiller Wizard 63 EU

What about starting to balance something regarding Class Survey from the Feedback Library Discord?
    Is all good and shiny when Dev's listen to the players... not much if they silently stop to do it.
    Its from JUNE the last survey of sorcerer / lahn / Dark Knight
    and we never seen any touch on this and many other classes, if not for the costumes of the shop...clearly.

You (PearlAbyss) just make the game dead day by day from months under almost every aspect of PVP
    Siege is a bet, not more big guilds (EU), just a bet where the many MERCS going. Put a limit for Mercs system like in Node Wars, is so hard to understand?
    Red Battlefield is a Crowd Control Fiesta... put a limit to the smashes... we feels like balls bouncing in a small map with 60 players all developed with a vast gamma of CC's...
    Fix the combat mechanics before thinking about the outline and shiny useless ocean... There is already a great game with better ocean system, where many as going soon.
    :|

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  8. LithicForm

meh.

Blade and Soul has been refreshingly fun and trying out the AAU PTS last night was promising enough to make me open my wallet. Combat takes a little getting used to but you know what both games have in common? A UI that is pleasing to the eye, functional and has not gone through three iterations in a matter of months.

Wodur and PeaceInChaos like this.
  9. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

10. Zcarto

For the love of whatever you believe in, make the flags on the Epheria Frigate and Sailboat FACE THE RIGHT DIRECTION. And the hilighting on the ropes and around the sails when you are steearing the vessel please get rid of it, it is off putting

#30 Zcarto, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Landaine and Corrus like this.
  11. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

Current blue grade gear becomes obsolete for the upgraded ships.

12. WinterRED

I'm excited for it, but also baffled as to why we still don't have more customization options for any of the ships. Hell, I don't even need AA's custom emblem feature, just give me the ability to color my sails with premade symbols.

13. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

WOOT running into invisible walls (currents) looks like the funnest thing I have ever seen in a video game! (sarcasm)

It makes me wonder if people in Korea dont have enough annoyances in their life so that they have to add annoying things to their video games to keep a balance or something. Video games are supposed to be fun these annoyances are starting to get to be too much.

Some examples of the devs great ideas:

Lets make people navigate part of the ocean without knowing where they are going- annoying

Lets make it where people get no sailing xp but in only the part of the ocean that isnt mapped- I dont get it, are we not sailing in the other part of the ocean?- annoying

Lets make swimming the most horrible thing ever in any video game- annoying

Lets make it to where people cant really explore much of the underwater sea content unless they buy a dive costume and even then not for long either- annoying

Lets not allow mounts onto the frigates or sailboats-annoying

Lets not allow harpooning off off of the frigate or sailboat-annoying

Lets add ghost ships that random spawn and are useless-annoying

Im not even going there(SMH)

Their total great idea:

Lets not fix all of the current annoying problems with the game lets just add more.

Adding currents without anyway to see where they are is going to be way too much for me personally unless they change it or have already(havent checked lately). I will most likely keep my boat in the wharf.

#33 Tabri, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  14. Kelet

I'm very close to having the materials for my frigrate license. Will the old method of crafting the license be removed?

15. -Axel-

So, again, what's your problem with smh actually? cause from my pov who exploited just got rich already and u can't do much about that.... this nerf is not going to fix it anyway. Instead for ppl like me it's 500m/week cause as Executie affirmed beyond that it's just pointless cause of taxes.

#35 -Axel-, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  16. Aikatears

Aikatears Tearslight Ranger 49 NA

No you can still build those ships after the update nothing changed there just now you be about to upgrade them

17. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Thanks for more things to explore, PA. But are there any plans for PvP stuff in the works? There are so many new PvE additions, like Ocean Content, Altar of Blood, new grind zones, Manos, Ash Forest soon, etc. - it feels as if PvP has been long sitting on the back-burner. As a long time PvX player, this is concerning and has me worried about the state of the game and developer intentions.

• RBF has remained unchanged besides buffed rewards and EXP rates. Same CC -> one shot fiesta it's always been.
    • Open world PvP has zero incentive. This reduces player interaction, thus, decreasing the overall quality of the game.
    • Arsha is what it is. It has no innovation / nothing new. Buffed drop rates and no penalty of PvP goes only so far in innovating open world PvP. Have you considered revamping the Karma System and/or adding some sort of Bounty System?
    • No relevant PvP modes. Some considerations: Ranked and unranked instanced 1v1 matches. Ranked and unranked 2v2 and 3v3's. Different RBF maps. More RBF modes like King of the Hill or Cature the Flag.
    • Fixing the many glaring issues in PvP mechanics. One shot META is barely passable as skillful PvP. PvP combat can be refined to an almost unlimited degree, if you guys put some resources and work towards it.

I believe the vast majority of players participate in PvX activities - this includes PvP. Thanks for all the PvE content. But the big question remains...

-- PvP WHEN? --

Ofdimaelr, flukeSG2 and MinMaid like this.
  18. MinMaid

MinMaid Guardian 62 NA

For good reason, terrible idea.

19. Joungf

Well, please explain me why it is a terrible idea. I want to know the reason.

Ofdimaelr likes this.
  20. TIT/\N

:Thinking: seems like they just soo happen to release content in the most active game season of the year when games come out like wildfire and they seem to stall content to a stand still when there is nothing going on instead of using that to their advantage to get eyes on the game