1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Great Expedition Preview

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Oct 11, 2019.

1. ChusteNebo

But what about Guild Galleys? Not a single word about them :(

2. SyreneLillianaide

Oooh!!! I can't wait to sail through the Ocean's mischiefs!!! :D

3. Corrus

Hurry up and don't forget to open Port Ratt

4. Nattia

can you direct me to a patch note that says this is true?

5. Graugus

My question is this, will ramming be the only way to kill one of these ships as players PvP each other or will cannons ever be a viable way to PvP and sink another player’s ship?

Also, with that question, if ramming is still viable at destroying these ships, this content is dead before getting started, because there is no way in hell will I bring any sort of trade item on my ship while ramming is the only viable ship PvP option.

6. Aikatears

Aikatears Tearslight Ranger 49 NA

The upgrades ship has captained only cannons for solo play...you can still ram but it's not the only option

7. Graugus

I mean, are the cannons actually worth using and actually viable. As current PvP on NA is, no one uses cannons, you upgrade your ram and just ram a person until they sink, drie off and swap channels while LOLing.

8. Aikatears

hmm for anything pvp sea stuff I have seen nothing on either being used for that so far. if you can get a few people to Global labs to test that be good, since you get the upgrade boats and sailing xp to try it out.

9. kljgl

Forgive the name as I just randomly made it never really expecting to post, char name is Mystiqol. Anyways from my experience in Global lab ram damage has been changed drastically, it did far less damage against sea monsters and also takes a certain amount of durability away from your ship. I would assume this would also be the same in any type of pvp situation where you are ramming someones ship. Having said this it seems like cannons will be the only viable form of damage output now on ships worth using.

I wasn't in any pvp situation on the lab to say what kind of damage cannons do against another players ship but I personally was not too happy with the damage against a Large pirate ship. I however did not have any upgraded parts on the upgraded frigate so it could be someone with a +7 blue cannon may do really good cannon damage. You can also imagine what this would be like with the carrack that has 9 cannons each side, might get interesting. But yeah I don't think you will have to worry too much about ramming anymore as I can't imagine many people would want to ram, (with intent to sink), another players ship with how little damage ram did in global, (unless this is changed before going live), as well as knowing they are damaging their own ship with every ram.

Also here is a link with information compiled by Airie detailing many changes for ocean content taken from the lab. I am not 100% but i think ram took durability from the ship upon using the skill even before hitting anything but in the info from the link below under "other changes" it states the damage to your ship is in relation to how many hits you get from ramming. I haven't been on lab for sometime maybe its update from last I was on.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...IGTuS6SfXPf3a7pso/edit#heading=h.7dwr7phaq4ri

10. Capitaine Courage

Oh, yes, you mean the update that Korea hated the most, more than any other else ?

The update where the new system is so well designed and crafted that even the korean GM themselves have been stuck several minutes at Hacando harbor without even being able to move or get out ?

Aaahh, yes, soooooo much fun to come ...

#50 Capitaine Courage, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Findubar, Ofdimaelr and BlacxkY like this.
  11. Keldorn

Keldorn Tamer EU

12. Aikatears

Well we got a date. Was thinking this week but hey.Need to finish getting the stuff for the improved boat.

13. Aikatears

So I am watching a stream right now that is showing off the patch...seems partners can get in a their own server...the boat that being used is the T3 but not sure if that room is there. she can confirm if its there. https://www.twitch.tv/mermaidontap that the stream I am watching

Edit: boat has 1800 cannons to use. kinda want to know if we do in fact that room but not sure if they get what I was asking

14. Mimiro

Man even I don't know what you're saying...

From what I've seen the cannons seem to do a lot of damage. I've only seen PvE clips, but if they are doing this much damage to sea monsters they have to do a good bit of damage to boats... https://clips.twitch.tv/AbrasiveFragileWormSquadGoals

15. Aikatears

I saw a steam from a bdo partner that was showing of content from a server meant for partners to show off for that night(which she was the only one doing that I saw) where she was using the t3 boat for sea monsters which has 1800 cannons balls in it to use, and then I put in link...is that better?

16. Factorial

Maybe this time pearl abyss would wow us? I am thinking RNG might be in our favor and get some sort of happy surprise. Bound to happen. Crossing my fingers.

BlacxkY likes this.
  17. SAROMON1989

Actually this looks exciting enough. Maybe it is time now for me to join the Ocean and set sail (finally).

The new system with winds, currents and crew was what it was missing from the good experience for the Ocean.

I personally look forward to this update!

Cheers!

hightech likes this.
  18. Davados

Isn't this ocean expansion a big mess in Korea?

19. TIT/\N

Yea but they have to push content before AAU takes their player-base away

20. Davados

Okay thank you wasn't sure if it was the same content. Yikes this won't go well when released. We already have people shouting in chat "help my boat is stuck how do i get it unstuck" to be fair it's not very often but it will become the norm when this hits.