1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Great Expedition Preview

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Shanari

That made me laugh, AAU is going to be just as bad as AA was. Limited housing, bots all over the place, broken promises, let down to anyone hyped, buggy as hell and just as boring as AA. I see people playing it for nostalgia then quitting it within the first month, I also find it amusing as before AA released they said it wouldn't include any p2w elements then later down the road it became p2w and it's going to happen to AAU as well.

As for Kakao pushing content, they're not pushing it because of a game in fact they're not pushing it at all. Pearl Abyss decides when content is given to Kakao and when they can release it, Kakao can also choose not to release it until there is hotfixes, bug fixes and changes to the content before they decide to release it so it's not in a bad state that they think it isn't good enough to release.

#61 Shanari, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    TucoRamires likes this.
  2. Davados

No bot's won't be a problem now might see a few gold sellers but the mass bots no. It's a steep price for the high chance to get account banned heavy botted games are mainly because they are free. But i think the main problem with AA is that it's a very dated game.

3. Capitaine Courage

Who said "Kakao" ?
    Where is the name "Kakao" mentionned in the post you quoted ?

4. Factorial

Yeah I know. I couldnt say it with a straight face.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  5. Shanari

There will still be bots, lots of them. Doesn't matter whether it's a buy to play game or not, not to mention Trion Worlds and XL Games suck at battling bots, they always have. As for gold sellers they make more then enough to get banned and just buy the game again as they make profit every time they advertise, AAU is also only $25.99 there is games out there worth 3 times that infested with players using bots, saying it won't happen due to the price is just hilarious as the game is cheap as heck.

6. ChusteNebo

Why is this event "Ghost ships" still in game? It's useless, nobody cares since it was totaly nerfed and now it's doing nothing. And now they will left this nonsense in next expansion? This looks very stupid.

7. TIT/\N

Its still a competitor that will take away player your opinion is that of many but many came from AA because they implemented P2W many may return but they are launching things prematurely on BDO as a response to the possibility that it will do well its like bracing before you get injured if you brace sometimes it can be just enough to save you for something worse its their attempt of bracing for a launch that will be soon and they dont know how hard its going to hit NO ONE DOES so please dont pretend to know how AAU will launch unless you are a time traveler or professional economist.
    Even the Gm's have had issues that they cant fix with this expansion its going to be a **** show for some but i look forward to seeing if they can pull it off either way.
    If they stick the landing there still will be some inevitable backlash in some way.

Yea i kinda agree they should add the chance of them dropping margoria loot (the silver key crates you find scattered around) as a reward for doing them to give incentive them.

8. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

I may be mistaken, but are they not dropping an item needed for the new boats in the Korean build ?

TIT/\N likes this.
  9. Davados

I never said it won't happen re read what i wrote ;)

10. Aikatears

Aikatears Tearslight Ranger 49 NA

Think so a few items you need you going to kill lots of sea things

11. SAROMON1989

The problem for the new patch and the patch that will come afterward is that we don't know how much materials we will need so we decide which materials to take from the quests?

Furthermore, WoW Classic came and BDO is still alive. I personally wanted to go back to WoW Classic, but the long ques are The Killer Factor. For now, I prefer BDO, because of REASONS.

12. TIT/\N

long queues will be slightly shorted due to a ban wave of exploiters for wow classic ;D