1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response The hardest monster in the ocean.

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by shidoxen, Jul 11, 2018.

1. shidoxen

The small goldmont battleship.

This mob has been glitched since ... Well its always been glitched to my knowledge. Ive been meaning to report this for a long time, though im sure others have brought it to your attention previously.

This mob has a tiny hit box to receive damage. Now that isnt a huge issue, but when it comes to ram damage being applied it only takes it from certain angles and even then it is maybe only 50% of the time the hits count.

You can actually see it hitting and hear the sound of it hitting most of the time with 0 damage applied. It wont even aggro after an 8 hit combo sometime due to the damage not actually sinking in.

Another issue that happens with this mob very often is even if you are using mouse movements and click to attack it, it will start to turn your boat in the opposite direction. Once again no damage applied.

Since there is a sailing daily involving killing 3 of these, would be great if you guys get a chance to take a look at this if possible. Killing the 3 of them takes a long time due to the damage not being taken and ramming constantly eats up so much of the ships stamina. It is one of the main reasons I need to use breezy crystals during the sailing dailies.

As it stands, it is as the title says and they are literally the hardest mob in the ocean due to the damage errors.

If you need any further details to help sort this out, I will be more than happy to provide anything I can to help assist.

Barnowear likes this.
  2. GM Peperoncino

Game Master

Hello @shidoxen

Thank you for sending this report.

I would like to let you know that I created a report of this issue, our QA team will investigate the situation.

3. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

Doing sailing dailies since day 1 they introduced, ships circle around you ship, there is no problems with any of sailing daily monsters.

4. Shenkt

I also find there is no hit box issue with the Small Goldmont Ships, at least from the perspective of a Cannoneer.

You are attempting to solo kill a monster by ramming alone, and seem to think it should be an easier task.

Are you using a Frigate?
    What grade (green/blue) are your parts?
    Have you enhanced your parts?
    Do you have knowledge on the mob you are trying to kill?
    What is your sailing skill level?

5. shidoxen

Frigate original blue set all +8. / All S rank mobs / Almost Pro 9

Cannon isnt bugged on the mob im pretty sure, just ram.

Ive also been doing them since the sailing dailies came out. Played with them a bit before also, just they were having the same issue since before the dailies released too so there was never any reason to do them.

The circle pattern (circling your ship) isnt really an issue. Just need to create some distance so you have room to go at them. For example, (just waking up and cant think of the skill name. Coffee needed) if you use the quickstart or ram and or both to get away from them and set up a clear ram line, that will work. This obviously eats up the ships stamina quickly, but its not so bad if the hits count. (And this is where the issue kicks in) with doing that in my current gear prior to todays patch and im guessing still, you could clear all the sailing dailies before needing to use a breezy crystal assuming your hits count.

Example: if hits count and you could kill them in 4-5 ram chains if they hit. Currently you are doing about 10-15 attempts (More if unlucky xD) and hoping that the damage actually sinks in.

Even people going at them with cannons who may have started the mob with the ram may have noticed these bugs on the initial ram since the ship might turn away from it and not aggro the mob at all due to the damage not actually being taken even though it might look and sound like it. Sometimes you will not even get the mobs HP bar to pop up at all. Sometimes it will pop up, but remain at 100% HP.

#5 shidoxen, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  6. Barnowear

Ye, im a dedicated seahunter as well and the small boats are a bit bugged, even some monsters dont receive back attacks when i clearly hit them from behind (Ramming). I didnt took the time to test this but i can clearly see it whenever i hunt.
    How did you get S on mobs? am i missing something?

7. shidoxen

Delete knowledge with loyalties or at calpeon and get knowledge from NPCs at ratt again. ... and repeat. XD

8. Anc0

They definitly have a hitbox bugg/glitch.. I tried ramming them over and over from all sides, sometimes you get 1 damage tick sometimes you dont even get anything when you are clearly within the right ram distence. After about 25 ram fails I gave up hope on this buggy mess and i killed it with cannons...