1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The injustice of Pearl Abyss balance

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Askore, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Askore

Askore Sorceress EU

Succession wizard has been released for almost a year now, and has been the strongest class in the game by far ever since.

But when sorc was supposedly strong after the defense changes, it got nerfed patch after patch, gutting stamina regen management, removing storming crow iframe, nerfing violation and engulfing shadow damage.

Why??

They're even buffing wizard these days, with qol and the addon update that isn't supposed to be only for them but they are the ones who benefit the most.

Succession wizard witch, valkyrie warrior guardian ninja and striker are all arguably stronger than sorc has ever been.
    Why don't they get nerfed too? They did it to us, but they don’t do it to them?
    How unfair is that?

Now they even feel the need to re-buff awa sorc cos it’s so bad, but they don't even revert anything they did before.
    How can they think iframe on storming crow is op but wizard’s protected CCs and insane dmg with range + double tp + more protection than the average class had pre-protection patch + slows + protected area + healing lighthouse + mana shield isn't op?

It’s honestly ridiculous how clunky they made stamina management on sorc, how much they nerfed the little protected damage we had on rabam, for them to leave the current broken classes as they are.
    It's just incredibly unfair that some classes get nerfed when they are strong and others don't when they are stronger.

2. Kinnaj7

Oh you are back. Just fyi, succession warrior is worst succession in the game for PVP now. If its so good why is no one using it for PVP ? For PVE its fine, easy on wrist. Its also worst class against evasion, even with PEN RCE and PEN Kzarka evasion (leeb/musk/kut 350+dp) is an huuuge issue.

3. Askore

Askore Sorceress EU

Awakening warrior is the op one, same with striker

4. Kinnaj7

In good hands and 144fps its scary, as it always was.

Thugarin likes this.
  5. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

I get the fustration of this post, as I am a dk main. After 2 yrs of nerfs they finally buffed us close to our original launch dmg. There's still alot of issues with awakening, such as due to skill animations sa/fg don't work right. Mana and hp sustain is still a little rough but that may be fixed with the new skill add-ons. It sucks to see the class you enjoy getting nerfed and everyone else getting buffed to OP status, but that's how bdo is. I don't see it changing due to how many classes there are in the game.
    Also if they fix the stupid client side fps allowing you to speed up animations and cancels to increase dps maybe we would know why classes are getting buffed.
    Take guardian, a 60fps vs 120 fps that is a scary thing with that extra boost to their animations they can chain sa/fg permanently. Just like sorc can perma iframe.

6. Flesh007

Are you f*****g serious?! Your class is the only one who can spam full invulnerability. It's not in your position to talk about "balance" at all.

LeCordonBleu likes this.
  7. Sintoz

Just think you are playing sorceress. warrior valk ninja kuno sorc succ wiz witch striker these are the classes are beyond broken right now. Too bad most of the broken class players doesnt even know how it feels to play against you guys. If you are having issues with sorc and complaining about it i really wonder what you will be saying if you were ranger musa or maehwa...

thanosgms, LeCordonBleu, Kasu and 6 others like this.
  8. Anvorka

Anvorka Warrior 62 EU

All class need to be nerf in PVP. All class are unbalanced each other.

9. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

I think all classes need a role and be balanced around that. If your a dps style class you need to either be super dmg based and die very easy to balance it. If your a tank style lower dmg in pvp but very hard to kill, support, would be mild dps ok movement and surv. The issue with balance in this game all classes seem to be a cluster of everything and sucking at all.

Reyer, Fateneko and Chaos Ronin like this.
  10. LordCrusty

I love how you sorc players keep complaining about nerfs, funny thing is after 4 years of constant nerfs your class is still highly relevent which goes to show how mechanicly op/broken it is design wise.

I do agree us wizards and witches need a succession nerf but save yourself the headache, in 4 years since awekaneing how many times have we ever been nerfed....

#10 LordCrusty, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  11. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

go play a Valk and then tell me how bad you class is we get no love

ODB3698 likes this.
  12. Ahri-

Succ valk is next in line after succ staff lmao.

13. reconkangas

I really honestly dont believe you people have a dang clue as to what is OP.
    You come in the forums crying about how bad your class is in hopes to gain sympathy from people. So they can yet again buff your class becouse your to much of a bumbling idiot to play it or you cant figure it out.
    Most don't even begin to understand gear in this game let alone proper skill rotations in PVP or GVG. I cant tell you how many times I have seen you clowns using unprotected moves (sorc) or how about tossing spinning blades at a valk/warrior while in q block or how about the best one using Iframes in a circle THE SAME DAMN DIRECTION around an opponent to were you can almost time them re appearing you die get up AND DO IT AGAIN IN THE SAME DIRECTION AS THE LAST TIME.
    Most of you dont even understand tactics heck even situational awareness eludes you. Then you wonder why some of the best players in this game completely destroy there competition and can do it consistently with much less.
    Hell I watched sorcs in the arsha pvp challenge with pure AP and literally 100dp just enough to put gems into and walk through fields of players wiping them all and never die.
    But pardon me when I say skill matters and you clowns jump all over me and say naaa its gear?!?!? now its nerfs ?!?!? or becouse another class is too OP ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
    In the hands of a skilled player ANY class can be great the gear only highlights a players ability. But a trash player OR a player with an ill suited class no matter the OP status of the class litterally is just hot garbage EVEN WITH 650GS.

What makes the difference between people crying about the class and players that dominate are those that truly cared to learn the class, learned OTHER CLASSES and are able to use good tactical knowledge along with good decision making on the fly. Then use common sense that some of you lazy players seem to just want to ignore and read irrelevant articles in discord from 3 years ago that really have ZERO to do with the current game play or listen to people that are not even playing your class or retired from BDO you take it as fact and literally flame here becouse your dying against a wizard....

For a sorc one of the best dualist in BDO and to date STILL one of the most relevant classes in the game to call out a Wizard becouse of its OP status is like calling the kettle black.
    A wizard without proper gear and AP is literally one of the worst classes in this game. It is so gear dependent that even a top notch player will in fact get wrecked by a garbage player with decent gear.
    1v1 other than a super geared player a suc or awaken witch/wiz is one of the worst trash classes in this game. In GVG in the hands of a solo player that doesn't care about there team mates spams heals for themselves, PA themselves it is a complete peice of s#!t and a waste of space.
    Any player ESPECIALLY a wiz/witch without good situational awareness IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF PIXELS on my monitor.

If your dying and find yourself frustrated not happy with BDO maybe its time to take a serious look at yourself and realize that MAYBE JUST MAYBE the class your playing is just not the right class for you.

14. LeCordonBleu

Funny how a SORC complains about balance. SORC is a very good (tier 1) class. I dare say it does well in everything except for siege-sized fights. Hell, it's the only class that can tie down a full platoon for a good 5 minutes. Recent changes also makes SORC even stronger, such as cartian's nightmare that allows you to 100-0 opponents in a split second.

Explain to me in which ways a Succ Wizard is OP. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not here to defend Succ Wizard as being a very strong class. But it seems like there is an undeserved narration of Succ Wizard being completely broken circulating around the community. First of all, Succ Wizard gets shutdown hard by several classes given both players have equal playerskill and gear. To name a few, Warrior, Valk, Striker, Mystic, Tamer all shits on Succ Wizard hilariously. I still think Succ Wizard's 1v1 is okay, but it's nowhere near even close to being broken. For PvE, Succ Wiz is good but there are many classes that do better. In small scale fights, Succ Wiz can be focused and shot down very easily by players that knows what they're doing. The complaints of Succ Wiz being broken is primarily focused in the context of organized large-scale group fights.

There are so many good classes right now. Stop crying and play one of them (Oh, you already do and yet you still cry). I'm sure there are plenty of people that thinks the class you play is completely busted, just as you have ur own opinion of certain classes being busted. Class balance is completely subjective. Even if someone makes it sound all logical and statistical, in the end, it's still just that person's opinion.

#14 LeCordonBleu, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    Fearless V and reconkangas like this.
  15. Ahri-

Yea dude 80% of the playerbase always wanted to play wizard but they were just held back before succession now they can finally show their passion

^ sarcasm btw

Vortexii likes this.
  16. MinMaid

MinMaid Guardian 62 NA

Buff guardian?

lufl likes this.
  17. reconkangas

See this is were we get a local phenomenon that makes such a name for themselves you get other people literally re rolling to a class and trying to mimic the game play and style. One of the old greats was Big and Shiny now its Jackie Felix But what most don't really seem to understand is there GS/gem set up leads them to being able to do things that newer or avg players(specifically brand new re rolls) cant get away with it takes in some cases 6+ Months just to get the muscle memory in new combo's from old ones in other classes and it may take a year or more to get really good at a class. The same thing has happened with my personal favorite to kill when i can Shakybay with his 1 trick musa that seems he is the only one that is able to pull off his play style because all his little followers get completely destroyed when trying to mimic it.

Alot of the above players that i mentioned have one thing in common HIGH END GEAR and a uncommon nack that they all learned how to fight other classes understanding super armors/FG ect.. There ability with situational awareness and use of tactics makes them all outstanding opponents in the case of Big&shiny he is the original founding father of scientific studies in this game that has pushed our knowledge long before the numbers were even visible. He has time and time again proved as well as disproved gear, accuracy, evasion how it all works or doesn't and his work is what i reference when i talk in the forums about gear. Heck it was his studies why i started to questioned things in the discord channels about the long standing evasion builds and direction for myself especially in the mystic channel. I went out and double checked his numbers, did his testing just to double check and he is spot on every time but it was motivation on my part that has made me a better player.

Something that alot of BDO players seem to lack is motivation and laziness instead they would prefer to blame and justify there game play with salt. oh your a gearlet, whale, FOTUM, when not realizing the effort that someone has put into there class, gear or research let alone the 1000's of hours put into a class in training PVP/GVG watching and learning then challenging themselves when 99.9% of the time you get wrecked by a highly proficient player you know it almost right away and instead of approaching them and asking questions being HUMBLE, people like this sorc come in here and spit venom complaining about another class simply disgusts me. You cant blow off people that have taken things to the next level who have put in time and effort and just say it is because the class is OP.

18. Exposed

You seem to be the one not understanding the game. Wizard and witch succ are actually top tier 1v1 and if you can't perform it's because you are bad.

19. reconkangas

The only reason wiz/witch is top tier to you is
    #1 your playing a class that is not best suited to fight them
    #2 You don't understand the class and your knowledge of skill rotations is very limited.
    #3 You are fighting someone that has a greater knowledge of the wiz/witch than you do with your own class and they out gear you
    #4 You are conflating the difference between 1v1 and GvG in Most cases people have issues with MULTIPLE wiz/witches or combinations within a group or team of players this is also compounded by these same players fighting together for 100's of hours. in these cases teams of Wiz/witches can absolutely dominate but that is by sheer numbers NOT singled out skill.

I have ZERO problem killing off wiz/witches ESPECIALLY in a 1V1 dual and small scale to me they are a mere speed bump unless they are VERY geared but again all classes get better with a lot of gear. In med/large scale were wiz/witch become dominant on the battlefield it becomes harder and harder they shine like a nuclear bomb going off and they are also the 1st targeted alone with range classes but that is the fun part of GvG.

But i am not surprised that people like yourself would rather dismiss what i have written so you can stand on your soap box and cry like a little baby get sympathy from others instead of reading what i wrote which is 100% the truth of today's players in BDO. instead of learning you would rather complain about a class then get good at your own.

20. Xashia

Xashia Ranger NA

Welcome to the life of Ranger and Tamer. Nerfed into the ****ing floor and spat on. Just NOW getting buffs to their awakened but are sub-par in the roles that you play.

Get over it. Sorc was the poster child for BDO for years and now you to feel what other classes felt. I literally do not feel bad and will not feel bad when those classes you listed get nerfed as well.