1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Long Term Dmg of AFK

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by 2Cents, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Arzurag

Math expresses reality, but it doesn't define respective reality.

Ruffe and AllanJr like this.
  2. Souljester

Souljester Sorceress 62 NA

15-25 billions is a bit of an exageration
    .... ....

3. Spartakatz

no, every week vell goes for 17-18 billion
    tet ogre for 24-25 billion
    other tet accs for 16-17+ billion

and i remember times where a tet acc was actually sitting like 30 minutes in market because only 2-3 people on the whole server had that kind of cash, to buy it even without preorder.

4. Reave711

**** I think the last tet ogre on na was preordered for 30bil

5. Claydough

What stupid logic

What about the “long tearm effect” of players who made active money?

Players who played 2 years are going to have 2 more years worth of progression than somone who’s playing their first day

Weather the money comes from fishing 24/7 for 2 years or from grinding and logging off over night makes little difference, the afk side of things plays 0 part in that
    And whats stopping new players from playing afk for the next two years for the same or more likely, better progression since the game is getting easier with every single patch

Ghoast_ likes this.
  6. AllanJr

i have started playing this game 7 months ago, i am near to softcap and havent found any particular dificulties catching up and gearing up, if anything only the avaliability of boss gear in the MP, and the fact that grinding profit is way too random, so i believe the real problem is this game is not made for casual players, wich is the group having those "difficulties", also a big problem is ignorance about the game, the game is soooo big that analysing it all while playing trough it takes tons of time, if you are lucky you fall where the money is if not it takes a lot of time to find a activity with wich you feel in syntony.

7. Josh28

Oh, I'm fine buying boss gear at night vendor with max characters, max energy, and gazilions of potions, but WE are talking about new players who mostly hate increasing energy. Adding to that, the night vendor doesn't solve the severe lack of yellow accessories for crazy people to enchant more and sell on the marketplace. Yes, I know they are cheaper and yes, you can even re-sell, but they are rare. Gosh, stop taking things at face value.
    You make these posts and only focus on superficial meanings. I was actually expecting more of this thread but it's just the same old qq worded differently. Just re-affirming what everybody knows, yet you somehow tend to disagree with similar opinions in your own thread...lolz.
    You want another issue to Long-Term AFK in games? It makes people lazy and addictive to this type of method. I feel extremely disappointed playing other games now without any AFK progress, and I can't go past 2 hours of gameplay per day. My other friends experienced similar things...they are just playing casually now and don't commit to any mmo like before. BDO DID THIS! And then, people criticize theme parks MMOs... Bdo is like a zombie maker.

8. AllanJr

Oh, I'm fine buying boss gear at night vendor with max characters, max energy, and gazilions of potions, but WE are talking about new players who mostly hate increasing energy

i bought my gear in both night vendor and MP, and never used a single energy potion, neither i have max characters or i have reached the energy hard cap. and now with the night vendor event with 400 energy wich is not even softcap and 12 character he has offered me 2 muskan boots 2 dim tree spirit armor 2 bheg gloves 3 diferent dandelions, 2 kzarkas, 4 diferent nouvers, and 4 diferent kutums in about a week period. this game is like a puzzle, and every single piece have a place, you hate increasing energy? too bad for you.

Adding to that, the night vendor doesn't solve the severe lack of yellow accessories for crazy people to enchant more and sell on the marketplace. Yes, I know they are cheaper and yes, you can even re-sell, but they are rare. Gosh, stop taking things at face value.

thats what events are for:

termian beach event: DUO crescent rings for 440 mill as many as you could buy
    patrigio discount event: i have lost count of how many DUO basilisk belts i have seen on MP even quite some TRI.
    if anything the tungrad belt + earrings are kinda hard to catch

You want another issue to Long-Term AFK in games? It makes people lazy and addictive to this type of method. I feel extremely disappointed playing other games now without any AFK progress, and I can't go past 2 hours of gameplay per day. My other friends experienced similar things...they are just playing casually now and don't commit to any mmo like before. BDO DID THIS!

if you cant go past 2 hrs of gameplay it just means the game is boring as ****, are you trying to fool yourself?? if you and your friend are unable to commit to other MMO is just because you have realised how a real MMO should be like, and how much of a **** other MMO's are.

BDO is the best developed and worst managed MMO that has ever existed up until now. they have analysed the MMO gamer's psychology to the very depths of hell itself, they know you better than you know yourself, and i am not even joking, but dont get me wrong i admire how hard they have worked but in the end NEVER forget they have done it for one and only one reason, money, money and more money, never for your enjoyment.

so that frustration you feel when your PEN attempt fails, that anger you experience when you lose tens of billions in a failed enhancement, that psychological pressure you go trough when you want to have the end game gear but no matter what you do it seems imposible, ALL THAT falls within their calculations to maximaze the profit they get from you.

never underestimate koreans, only when you recognize them as very smart individuals is when you are able to realise whats going on and counter measure their actions.

9. ghoulz666

Yellow accessories are even rarer than boss gear on NV.

Basilisk loot is beyond horrible. It all depends on those extremely rare belt drops. Add insult to injury you don't even get yona fragments there now. Not sure why, even those pile up very slowly.

Josh28 likes this.
  10. DiBBz

DiBBz DiBBz Striker 59 EU

i dont really enjoy afk cooking or processing especially when my core focus is getting my gear up. so i AFK fish for relics. however with the new changes to afk fishing my income has literately been severed. i hear people saying they are still getting 35+ relics a day. and thats nice an all but i cant AFK anywhere else but keplan because of the stupid bug thats existed for months now persistently stopping me from AFK fishing or having my character freeze coming back from a AFK session. i cant AFK cook or AFK process because of the bug, and i barely touch alchemy so essentially all my afk activities have gone to the shitter!

im essentially at the door now for quiting. tet roulette is just becoming impossible now and has been for over a month now for me cause i cant even get my kzarka gauntlets back to tri. let alone consistently failing duo attempts. cant get dim tree or giath helmet to +13 or +14. ive essentially run dry on stored memory fragments. so at this current point in time. why should i even continue to play this borked game ?

im a patient dude. but ive continued to try to be patient with the game, but its pretty much nearing the tipping point in me realising the game is going to **** and PA is doing a utter **** job in fixing critical issues that are plaguing the game right now.

Ruffe likes this.
  11. Blackhearted

What my brother brought up when I was discussing this with him is that when everyone is using afk mechanics it's the same as noone using them.

What this means is that if u don't calculate people who p2w their lodging, everyone is making the same profit. The only reasons they have these afk mechanics is to have another inconvenience to spend on, keep the number of players online high and abuse psychological weakness of people thinking theyre progressing while afk.

12. Schinrah

Well that is a statement that is only "correct" in theory. Because the money you can make AFK can be as little as a couple million a day, or tens of millions a day, in some case even more. There is a whole lot of different ways to make AFK money, some do require abit more active time, but simply comparing time spent AFK and money made AFK you will see that there are massive differences in efficiency between players.

Someone AFK fishing for most of the day, not having a crate empire or the likes running paralell to that vs someone who does is already a gigantic difference. Even between someone AFK fishing and someone AFK fishing and selling his fish to the imperial vendor is a huge difference over time.

13. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

I really wonder what the point of this nonsense topic is.

New players are not supposed to catch up to long time players within a very short time.

If i start a game that has been out for over a year then i don't expect to be as geared or rich after a few weeks as people that played since release. If you think it should be that way then please make your own mmorpg. (As you had already claimed you easily could).

14. 2Cents

There is no argument here, the math will decide. It can exceed that amount
    • 2 Years
    • Alts may also be used
    • Value Pack Discount (Optional)
    • Additional increases such as Kama (Not used)
    • Max energy required 200+
    You can easily gain 2-3 Energy Potions on a main character each day, along with 1 per alt each week.
    These few billions are in addition to the real prize. The Worker Empire/Life Skill is where the vast majority of the income is made.

15. Blackhearted

Almost everyone whos been a month or two in the game has workers going about.
    It would make no difference if new players joined the afk routine or not. Afking isnt a catch up mechanic.

They could even have workers work even when ure offline but workers are not and everyone knows why.
    PA doesnt care about anything else than their profits and statistics. Even if 50k people around over the world kept their computers on and wasting energy for minor profits in a game makes no difference to them.

I wonder how anyone here can justify supporting this game and the policies of PA

Josh28 likes this.
  16. 2Cents

They are playing physiological games with systems that have been around for years. However, one must Never Forget What WOW Did. They proved that by providing quality content you could yield the highest profits. This extends far beyond World Of Warcraft as Blizzard gains the notoriety that is essential for their other products.

AllanJr likes this.
  17. Ghoast_

Ghoast_ Musa 62 NA

18. Josh28

Too bad for new players that don't want to go through the tedious process that won't even reward them right away. Worse **** ever in games.

thats what events are for:
    termian beach event: DUO crescent rings for 440 mill as many as you could buy

A yearly event that not everybody got and hardly made a dent in the demand... Yeah sure that solves everybody's problems somehow.

patrigio discount event: i have lost count of how many DUO basilisk belts i have seen on MP even quite some TRI.
    And right after the event ends... here comes the lack again. Dependant on events much? Is that healthy for a game? Like chickens waiting to be fed...pathetic.

if you cant go past 2 hrs of gameplay it just means the game is boring as ****, are you trying to fool yourself?? if you and your friend are unable to commit to other MMO is just because you have realised how a real MMO should be like, and how much of a **** other MMO's are.
    What a load of bull ********* Oh, well it's an opinion.

BDO is the best developed and worst managed MMO that has ever existed up until now. they have analysed the MMO gamer's psychology to the very depths of hell itself, they know you better than you know yourself, and i am not even joking, but dont get me wrong i admire how hard they have worked but in the end NEVER forget they have done it for one and only one reason, money, money and more money, never for your enjoyment.
    I noticed this on the first day I logged in BDO. THE FIRST DAY... Please... It's TERA 2.0 for me. Same ********** happened when I played.

so that frustration you feel when your PEN attempt fails, that anger you experience when you lose tens of billions in a failed enhancement, that psychological pressure you go trough when you want to have the end game gear but no matter what you do it seems imposible, ALL THAT falls within their calculations to maximaze the profit they get from you.
    Ever played Silkroad? The enchantment system was even worse than BDO. I spent 13 000$+ in that game and ever got a +8 weapon which was obsolete in 6 months. Yet some people got +12 by pure luck.

never underestimate koreans, only when you recognize them as very smart individuals is when you are able to realise whats going on and counter measure their actions.
    By counter-measure, you can only, ONLY mean: leaving the game and uninstalling. No. Other. Way. Ah, wait! There's hacking. Some of my friends did that. Only 1 got banned then bought account and was happy. I failed all my **** PEN and accessories to TET, then quit. I enjoyed the game, and paid money for that. Pa and I are even.

Reyer likes this.
  19. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 60 NA

This is the way Korean MMOs work. Those who come first and stay gets to stomp over those who come later. This is my 3rd Korean MMO and it's the same. Also my last Korean MMO.

Nothing but Western MMO for me hear on out. Korean MMOs are just very low quality for the price they charge. More so when compared to Western MMOs.(ESO, WOW, GW2)

Reyer and Josh28 like this.
  20. Josh28

Yeaaah... But Korean mmos usually go p2w and new whales get to stomp you. I've played a bunch and hardly old players stick around. In blade and soul, I think my friend list went over 800 as people quit and new ones joined, hardly anyone remained after a certain time. Months after I left, none of the hardcore players I knew remained and I'm talking about whales, people who played since korea bns and were ubber hyped dumping all money into the game... They just...vanished. It's not a game one can play casually like gw2/eso. There, players remain and log back in from time to time.

Every time I log in gw2, my friend list has people on... How the hell do people not get bored after so many years? That game doesn't have much progress other than achievements.

I would say it's not about the quality content, but the management that is terrible in korean games. They make amazing games and just use it to milk a few bucks instead of having a long-lasting community or building fame like wow. Instead, they just imitate wow's aspects
    [/QUOTE]

AllanJr and Fearless V like this.